Player
    Character
    Baxcel Farshot
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90

Change gathering log clock?

Something that's been bugging me for a while, is that we can change our clocks to 12hr or 24hr, the same with the alarms we set for ingame timers, so why can't we change the time listed in our gathering log?

Unless there's another clock option I missing seems like a small oversight from the devs to not have this match your preferences with other clocks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Gathering times are based on Eorzean time, not real world time. There would be 40 different spawn times to list if real world times were being used. That would be messy.

You can display Eorzean time next to your local/server time in your HUD by going to Character Configuration - UI Settings - HUD then scrolling down to Clock Type. You can toggle them on/off individually.

If you're going to AFK and want to know when you need to be back for the next spawn, one Eorzean hour is roughly 3 real world minutes. If you see the current Eorzean time is 1pm and your node spawns at 8pm, you want to be back within 21 minutes.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Baxcel Farshot
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Gathering times are based on Eorzean time, not real world time. There would be 40 different spawn times to list if real world times were being used. That would be messy.

You can display Eorzean time next to your local/server time in your HUD by going to Character Configuration - UI Settings - HUD then scrolling down to Clock Type. You can toggle them on/off individually.

If you're going to AFK and want to know when you need to be back for the next spawn, one Eorzean hour is roughly 3 real world minutes. If you see the current Eorzean time is 1pm and your node spawns at 8pm, you want to be back within 21 minutes.
    Yeah I know that but it's not what I was talking about..

I have my Eorzea time set to a 12hr clock.. 12am -12pm.. but the gathering log which is also set for Eorzea time is still listing the time from 0000- 2400 instead of the 12-12am/pm I have everything else set to.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Baxcel View Post
    Yeah I know that but it's not what I was talking about..

I have my Eorzea time set to a 12hr clock.. 12am -12pm.. but the gathering log which is also set for Eorzea time is still listing the time from 0000- 2400 instead of the 12-12am/pm I have everything else set to.
    Ah, I misunderstood you. I'm not certain why it would be different in the gathering log unless it has something to do the programming for the nodes.
    (0)