Has there been an error in setting the equipment stats for this gear?

Date & Time: n/a
Frequency: n/a
World name: n/a
Character name: n/a
Retainer name: n/a
NPC name: n/a
Monster name: n/a
Class/Level: n/a
Party or solo: n/a
In-game time: n/a
Area and coordinates: n/a
Housing: n/a

Steps:
This isn't a bug with steps.

There has been a fair bit of confusion among fans regarding the intended purpose of the "costume" sets released for crafters and gatherers in patch 5.41 (eg. "Boltfiend's Costume Swallowtail") as their stats are an unusual combination and it seems like there could have been a mistake.

The stats for all the pieces are:
Equip level: 80
Item level: 1
Required class: [single specified crafter/gatherer]

Based on the equip level and being a dyeable version of the previouly released class-specific gear, it would normally be expected that this is functional gear with better stats than the undyeable version, so it is strange that they are purely cosmetic with an item level of 1.

Or to look at it a different way, all other gear with an item level of 1 is equippable at level 1 (at least as far as I am aware), so it is strange that these are restricted to level 80 - particularly since they are purchased through the Ishgard Restoration which is accessible to characters at a much lower level.

The "costume" name also made people initially hopeful that the items might be equipped by classes other than the designated class for the previous functional-but-undyeable version of the gear - the name implying "dressing up as X" rather than "gear for X".

If it is indeed an error then the fix might be, in order of what would be appreciated by the fandom:
  • making it equippable by all classes (something a lot of people are hoping for)
  • lowering the equip level to 1 (as there is little to no class-appropriate glamour currently at this level)
  • lowering the equip level to 60 (as this is the official starting level of the Firmament quests)
  • adding stats to make it viable level 80 equipment

I realise this might be a long shot, but I hope you can consider some part of it at least.