Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Oh wow, it does look like a golf swing. Shit, I won't be able to unsee that. lmao
    (1)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    As for actual reworks... uhh...

I'd change all of the gap closers for tanks to be two charges, but also, you could expend gauge on any job to do another. So, like, they could do 3 in a row if they wanted to, and it'd finally give PLD's gauge a bit more meaning. Though, you'd want to adjust the cost I guess. So like, WAR's would still cost 20, but all the other tanks, theirs costs 50/1 Powder mark. Also I guess have PLD's curtailed to not do damage if Oath Gauge is spent on it.

Go ahead and change the role action Arm's Length name to Tempered Will and span it out to 10 seconds. Keep the slow effect.

Raise the atk+% buff on Storm's Eye and Darkside back to +20%

Get rid of whatever backwards -%modifier tank ATP has nowadays. It's so lame that Tanks are lame ducks in the DPS department, just for being tanks.

Make Hallowed Ground an actual field effect with a very small radius that the PLD has to stand in, in order to gain the invulnerability, or perhaps immobilization. True invulnerability should at least have one drawback. Maybe make the immobilization only half of the duration though.

Make Living Dead gain the effect, "Most magical attacks will deal 0 damage while in effect." This would make it a true invuln against magical tank busters, highlighting DRK's old niche again. Everything else about it would remain the same, making it non-ideal for physical busters.

Set a heal on Holmgang. At the expiration of Holmgang's effect, the WAR receives a 1200 potency heal based on ATP. Latency would mean they would still need support, but they would need less of it.

Make Sword Oath great again. Instead of being this stacking mech for Atonement, bring back beefy as hell PLD auto attacks. Give some other cool sounding oath, like Blade Oath or some shit, for the Atonement stacks. In fact, just bring back tank DPS stances. I don't care what people say. Tank was more satisfying to play with stances being a consideration. Add in a new one for Gunbreaker, Vibrating Edge or something, get a little KOTOR in my FFXIV.
    (3)

(Signature portrait by Amaipetisu)

"I thought that my invincible power would hold the world captive, leaving me in a freedom undisturbed. Thus night and day I worked at the chain with huge fires and cruel hard strokes. When at last the work was done and the links were complete and unbreakable, I found that it held me in its grip." - Rabindranath Tagore

Player
    Character
    Takamori Maruyama
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Wishlist? Better animations for Inner Chaos and more class identity.
    Also better comms with the community it seems NA feedback doesn't matter at all?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Pyha'ra Tayuun
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    My 6.0 Wishlist:

PLD

-Shelton becomes a 5-yalm AOE field around you, similar to sacred soil, that adds 5% reduced damage taken for its' duration

-NEW: Blocking a specific amount of damage while Shelton is active enables one use of Light Swing for 8 seconds. Light Swing is a 5-yalm cone AoE in the front that deals damage and applies a Burn DoT for 15 seconds

-Any shielding on you when Intervention is used transfers those shields at 80% efficiency to your target (this means an AST could cast Aspected Benefic on you then you transfer 80% of that shield to your co-tank via Intervention)

GNB

-If Brutal Shell is active when Fated Circle is used, refresh the duration and strength of Brutal Shell.

-Using Heart of Stone with Camoflage active turns Heart of Stone into a 5-yalm AoE around your target.

-Taking damage equal to 50% of your current health when Nebula is active triggers Heated Cartridges for 6 seconds, allowing Burst Strike and Fated Circle to be used without cost.

-NEW: Demon Light is a strong off-global hit that combos from Danger Zone or Blasting Zone that has the target take 5% more damage for 5 seconds when completing the combo. This has a 10 second recast.

-NEW: Gnashing Fang, Wicked Talon, Savage Claw and Continuation gain 5% more damage for 10 seconds after completing a combo with Demon Light.

I can't really say anything about WAR or DRK, but for PLD and GNB they could do with some stuff to better distinguish themselves.
    (1)
    Last edited by Piarkire; 02-09-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Dugu Qiubai
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Warrior:

1) Get rid of inner chaos and a defensive cooldown. Bring back inner beast with healing and mitigation

2) More damage on fell cleave. Less fell cleaves during inner release window.

3) Infuriate out of combat. Rage decay out of combat.

4) Nascent flash rework. Longer heal window. Lower heal percentage per hit.

5) Dot on onslaught

6) 360 degree overpower instead of current cone.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Xyasreau Borlaaq
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    6.0 and beyond DRK Wishlist

Above all else, the biggest change I want to see for all tanks are: Content designed with tanks in mind i.e importance of boss positioning and/or snap aggro. Tank damage atleast 70% of DPS role. (I'd personally prefer 100% with proper systems to prevent tank stacking like the ones that already arbtriarily enforce melee/range/caster etc but that's another can of worms)

...and even more unpopular: Removal or nerfing of Tank invulnerabilities.

===Mechanical Changes===

Tank Mastery removed.
    -Tank gear has more vitality. No 20% damage received reduction. No reduction in STR multiplier.

All Defensive Cooldowns gain a universal boon for each job and their class mechanics.
    Gain 1 Stack of Dark Arts once when:
    You block a Deadly strike.
    You block 3 Harsh strikes.
    You block 5 Scathing strikes.
    TBN additional: or when barrier is completely absorbed.

Deadly strike = Tank Buster.
    Harsh strike = Raidwide damage. Boss monster auto attack.
    Scathing strike = Non-boss monster auto attack.

-All Defensive Cooldowns will count the same strike as fulfillment of requirement for resource gain. i.e Using TBN and Rampart for a tankbuster will proc both requirements for "Blocking a Deadly strike." and grant 2 Dark Arts charges.

--Why a counter system instead of HP%? It adjusts to content rather than gearing, allowing overgeared tanks to still mitigate optimally to achieve both survivability and wincon gain: damage.

===Traits===

Darker Arts: You can now hold 3 stacks of Dark Arts charges.

Bloody Earth: Salted Earth grants healing over time to you when you enter. Cure potency: 200

Night Shroud: Your attacks that cost MP grant a stack of Unyielding. Stacks indefinitely.
    Unyielding: Creates a barrier around you that absorbs damage totaling to 2% of your HP per stack.
    -Unyielding does not gain universal cooldown benefits stated above.

===New Actions===

Sundering Strike [GCD]
    Delivers an attack with a potency of 100
    Combo Action: Hard Slash
    Combo Potency: 300
    Combo Bonus: Increases Blood Gauge by 20.

Manadrinker [GCD]
    Delivers an attack with a potency of 100
    Combo Action: Syphon Strike or Sundering Strike.
    Combo Potency: 400
    Combo Bonus: Restores MP.
    Combo Bonus: Grants 1 stack of Unyielding.

Delirium Rework A
    Converts all Blood to MP. Gain 1000 MP per 10 Blood.
    120 second cooldown.

Delirium Reowrk B
    Changes Bloodspiller and Quietus from Weaponskill to Abilities. Recast 2 seconds.
    Grants 4 stacks of Bloodthirsty, each stack allowing the execution of Bloodspiller and Quietus without cost.
    120 second cooldown.

Soul Sacrifice
    Converts 4000 MP into 1 Dark Arts Charge.
    10 second cooldown.
    -Downtime tool or Resource Manipulation tool

Edge of Night [oGCD Recast: 2 seconds]
    MP Cost 3000 (Can Consume Dark Arts)
    Blood Gauge Cost: 20
    Deals unaspected damage with a potency of 550.
    Additional Effect: Restores own HP
    Cure Potency: 400
    Additional Effect: Grants Abyss Ready.
    Duration 15s
    Can only be executed when Night Ready.

Edge of Abyss [oGCD Recast: 2 seconds]
    MP Cost: 3000 (Can Consume Dark Arts)
    Blood Gauge Cost: 30
    Deals unaspected damage with a potency of 650.
    Additional Effect: Restores own HP
    Cure Potency: 600
    Can only be executed when Abyss Ready.

===Current Skill changes/Additions===

Souleater
    Combo Action: Syphon Strike or Sundering Strike.

Edge of Shadow
    Additional Effect: Grants Night Ready.
    Duration: 15s

Bloodspiller
    Additional effect: Restores own HP
    Cure Potency: 600

Quietus
    Additional effect: Restores own HP
    Cure Potency: 200

Carve and Spit
    Recast 30 seconds.
    Additional effect: Grants Purge Ready.

Living Dead
    Walking dead no longers fade when HP is restored.
    Walking dead penalty will consume 10 Blood Gauge for every 10% of you HP not healed before it expires.
    Walking dead will no longer KO.
    Walking dead grants you 300% healing received from abilities, attacks, and spells for its duration.

===Returning/Reimagined old Skills===

Power Slash [GCD]
    Blood Gauge Cost: 40
    Delivers an attack with a potency of 450
    Additional effect: Restores 20% of your MP.

Scourge [GCD]
    MP Cost: 2000
    Delivers an attack with a potency of 450
    Additional effect: Increases Blood Gauge by 40
    -Does not consume Dark Arts

Dark Passenger [oGCD Recast: 30]
    MP Cost: 3000 (Can Consume Dark Arts)
    Deals unaspected damage with a potency of 600 to all enemies in a straight line before you.
    Additional Effect: Grants Darkside.
    Additional Effect: Increases Blood Gauge by 20.
    Can only be executed when Purge Ready.

This is all super pipe dream but it was fun coming up with ideas.
    (6)
    Last edited by FallenWings; 02-10-2021 at 10:54 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kristian Fortnox
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    While playing and doing the Bozjan Southern Frontline I noticed a few things that GNB should have what you guys think about this?

GNB
    Bodyguard (Basically It's Cover)
    Take all damage intended for another party member.
    Duration: 12s
    Can only be executed when member is closer than 10 yalms. Does not activate with certain attacks.
    Pros
    Another job that have Cover Class that isn't the PLD to help out and also goes with lore with GNB very nicely.
    Cons
    Just PLD it have same the limitation no cover through TB and such such.

WAR
    Treat
    The Beast inside/or Beast's Claw depending what you think it's cooler
    What does treat will do when you do Inner Chaos/Chaotic Cyclone will give a heavy DoT damage. Depending which move you use depending the duration and potency of the DoT.

Inner Chaos: Duration DoT 10
    Chaotic Cyclone: Duration DoT 5

Pro
    WAR got a finally got a DoT beside Fracture from 2.0-3.0
    Cons
    Now all the Job feel the same and/or the damage might be throw off the damage balance between the tanks.
    (0)
    Last edited by KristianFortNox; 02-14-2021 at 03:32 PM.
    Oak Tree Paladin Kristian Fortnox

Player
    Character
    Jira Dal'riata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    ignore this message
    (0)
    Last edited by Jirah; 02-14-2021 at 05:17 PM. Reason: off topic
    “Theirs really not much you can change with the MCH”
    -Live letter 66, 9/17/21

Where is the ambition?

Player
    Character
    Samuel Wolcott
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    One things that immediately come to mind (apart from DRK being WAR but let’s be real that deserves its own thread) is PLD’s Shield Bash

You are never, N E V E R going to use this as PLD, period. There’s no need to stun 2 enemies in any piece of content that I can think of, and if you really need to stop two moves in a dungeon pull or similar, there’s a good chance you could use the oGCD stun and interject on two different mobs, not sacrificing uptime too much and keeping your rotation flowing. But the real question is what to do with it, and honestly I’m stumped! I can’t think of any reasonable way to weave it in with PLD’s rotation, it’s just such a niche skill, maybe SE has got something in the works for 6.0.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tiana Vestoria
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by E4EO View Post
    One things that immediately come to mind (apart from DRK being WAR but let’s be real that deserves its own thread) is PLD’s Shield Bash

You are never, N E V E R going to use this as PLD, period.
    It's a life saver in higher deep dungeon floors when you have the modifier that locks you out of oGCDs... but that's pretty much the only content I can think of.
    (1)

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast