Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6
    Player
    Character
    Zyler Selwyn
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    I personally have a huge list of things I'd like in terms of class design for a lot of classes I've played or classes I enjoy but can't get behind because of some flaws. There's a lack of synergy and causes button bloat to bandaid fix the current problem of classes to feel better. This game is riddled with bandaid fixes and just clunky messes for jobs.

A lot of this is mostly a wish list rather than what I think they will add, but what they could add that wouldn't amount to a COMPLETE overhaul for the classes. In some cases at least. As well as just something I personally would like to see.

I think RDM partial focus on it's melee causes the rest of the class to be sort've held back since it needs a bit of freedom, but it doesn't really get it. Mostly because utilizing both melee and range as a caster makes one side get botched quite often or hinders it. I'd personally prefer it if the melee rotation was 10-15y but also reduced down to two buttons, scrapping riposite. If not scrapping riposite, then at least making it function like GNB that you can freely go back to casting spells even if you already started your melee rotation, then having verholy/verflare function like Ruin IV. Also, I would like the idea of balancing the mana as they often portray the class, by making you do one rotation to use verflare, then again for verholy before doing something unique to the class, kinda like a bahamut phase but I don't want it simply to be a copy of the class, so something unique and fitting to said class. Preferably with Red magic and utilizing scorch in it as it's finisher.

Reprise being replaced with an instant cast ability that counts as a spell and gives dualcast. On a fair CD. I'd also like something more for buffs in a way or a moderate change to embolden that has a fun or interesting synergy, at least better than what it is, you'd think that the class that utilizes both physical and magic would be able to buff at least physical and magic for party members. Then I'd prefer it if Raises were OGCD on a CD but two charges for RDM, 1 charge for SMN. Main reason for this is because I think it's something that largely holds RDM back for being such a raiser and can save groups on progression, but I'd like it to be more than JUST a progression class or having to mess with raise often. They've even stated they wanted healers to focus on using raise.

The rest just being cosmetic. Veraero II replacing veraero, same with verthunder, impact over jolt, new AOE being Verflood/verfreeze.

With SMN, needs a moderate rework. Scrapping the egi assault system, doing something different with bahamut/dreadwyrm. Even if just rolling the buttons together. Personally I'd also like it if bio/miasma as buttons were gone and just reduce the CD on tri-disaster, maybe making it have a short CD or none but giving it an extra layer of play similar to how fester interacts with it, on ST. Dot management is barely a thing as is, they clearly aren't a huge fan of it for most classes. Few more things here and there as well as a proper OGCD replacement. Changes to Ruin IV phase as well during bahamut.

BLM I'd enjoy some changes to, I know some people think it's perfect and doesn't need changes, however I think it could use some improvements and more people would be interested in said class. It's one of the least played jobs with MNK. So I think it hits a niche, but it's not really perfect. Especially with how the play style is and the mentality it pushes for NEVER MOVEE which is often pretty bad for parties that people sometimes don't want them or prefer you to be SMN/RDM, it also kinda blocks people from wanting to play it especially in prog content, so I think it needs tweaks, but not an OVERHAUL. Just some QoL, mobility, and baking in some core stuff that is more for QoL that has a bunch of bandaid fixes and making some stuff fit better with them. Doesn't mean I expect a change 100% but there's a possibility. Some of the things I'd like is thunder given a purpose or at least a place somewhere in rotations. I'd also like astral/umbral system to be changed in a few ways, especially so that we aren't still having to cast fire I. Feels like a bandaid issue just to keep you in astral. can't say i'm a fan. enochian should be baked in in a way.

Scathe having interplay with both astral and umbral. Whether that be increasing the current duration time, a single stack of umbral/astral plus a few seconds, or something like that, just some sort've use. It's a bad ability and I'd love to see it just entirely replaced and given something to feel more useful and fun for mobility.

I'd also personally like to see a new system that makes leylines not just a stat spot. Making the CD lower and the duration, but also it's increased spell speed, while just rolling that value into the class, but also making it to where you gain more "void charges" to use for a finisher or something new and unique. I've juggled around an idea that it can be useful to give your party a buff in some fashion, involving you channeling the aether from the leylines and granting it to others. I would like to see ley lines be a bit more flexible but also has something unique to it. Just sort've brainstorming ideas. It's one I'm kinda on the fence about what since you'd need a good balance without you just feeling hindered to not have leylines. Which is why I wanted it on a low cd, possibly 1 min with 30 second uptime . Just an idea I've been thinking about. Nothing concrete, just would like to see something involving leylines for the job besides spell speed.. I'd also like it if umbral soul turned you to 3 stacks out of combat and locked it there with the timer frozen, just a QoL thing at that point.

There's other classes that I'm not proficient enough to give my feedback on with methods I'd like to see the jobs improve with but I know that they don't really feel right. Like Mnk and Mch.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dralonis; 02-12-2021 at 06:25 AM.

Player
    Character
    Trunks Ahoy
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    BLM is unequivocally the best-designed class/job in any MMORPG I've ever played (and I've played a lot of them). It flows perfectly. It has procs to vary the execution - but isn't dependent on them. It has plenty of optimization nuances to master, and it rewards you amply for doing so. It's designed around a core weakness, with tools that help to mitigate that limitation without trivializing it. All of that adds up to a class that must adapt itself to each encounter, ensuring it stays engaging throughout content cycles.

(And perhaps best of all: it's not reliant on stupid crit RNG.)

DRG is also incredibly well-designed now. I could think of one or two little things that it could use, mostly to help maintain its combo chains during unavoidable disconnects and whatnot.

PLD is very well-designed now, too. There are gripes to be had that concern the direction they've taken the tanking jobs collectively. But for what it is, PLD plays smoothly and has little room for improvement.
    (2)

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6