Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Anhra Nefaris
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Personally, i think PvP lacks more on the content/balance side, rather than being not rewarding enough. Proper 1vs1 fights are completely impossible in most setups (for example anyone vs healer) unless you let DD jobs fight each other.

I could easily live without getting any item rewards as long as they make it a overall fun experience, but i doubt that will ever happen, since sidecontent such as triple triad, Blue Mage and Potency changes that doesn't even matter on the scale of things they do, is far more important to them.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Xevia Vanothy
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Another thing is that people have to choose between PvE and PvP every time a new season starts. I could see myself doing more Feast in it's current state if they delayed the start of a season by 1-2 weeks after a major or minor patch. That way, people can do the new MSQs, dungeons, raids etc. without having to worry about missing the initial rush of the new season. Take the next season as an example. Instead of starting on the 2nd of February, have it start on the 9th or 16th.

It's the same thing to how they delay the first tier of the 8 man raids when a new expansion is released.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Mei Coincounter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Yeah. I really hate how Feast starts on the same week as a bunch of other new content. Even as someone who loves PvP and isn't too into PvE, I also like Gold Saucer, housing, crafting, etc., and I don't necessarily want to jump into Feast when a bunch of cool new stuff just got added. This is even worse when they bring in PvP balance patches; figure in the interests of competitive integrity they would want at least a week between changing multiple jobs and having a ranking season start so people can jump into training to see how it affects the game.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Alex Ozdemir
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Astrophysx View Post

Feast IMO is NOT an enjoyable game mode to the general FFXIV community. It is stressful, it lacks DEPTH, and it is NOT easy to understand. For example, most players don't know that you win matches by picking up medals. Non-healers pick up Wolves Heart with no idea of what it does. There is no chat available for seasoned players to mentor newer players (except for custom matches). The concept of bursts, mitigations, and positioning are alien to most. Netcode is bad within this game... and it makes it worse for PvP. The culture in FFXIV seems to be more anti-PvP than it is to actually support the idea of improving it. The list goes on.

Because of this, Feast will continue lacking in participation unless there is some kind of reward or incentive to queue the game mode... I personally want to see it queued because it's FUN.
    I'm gonna add to this as a new player but a seasoned pvper in WoW and GW2. My first impression is that it's hot garbage.

First, unranked/training que is pretty much dead and no tutorial; so you end with people going in blind in ranked. Then the rules of how to play is not even inside the game but a whole separate webpage.

Once I read the rules in depth, I realize the game design doesnt make sense like why Wolves Heart(only good for healers) is accessible to non-healers in the first place or why give to it the single player who did the most damage?

The rules aren't hard to understand, its just convoluted and presented in a lackluster way with some questionable stuff.

Then theres no chat, so it makes even more confusing and its literally the mmo pvp that does this. In a mode that needs team burst syncs and cool down management. The whole countdown thing is just awakward. I thought the enemy was getting a buff in my first few games. I played my share of pvp games, but never seen anything like this.

The actual pvp community is one of the most toxic i've experienced and this coming from someone that dealt with WoW's angry manchildren. Even when I tell these seasoned players I've only played for 2 days and the training que is dead, they still tell me off. Just more to the blacklist and report. Literally overgrown fish in a small pond. The top 100 is not even a true prestigious top 100, it's the whole player base. You're raging new players off the game when your talent pool is already so small.
    (4)
    Last edited by Karinkanzuki; 02-05-2021 at 04:43 PM.

Player
    Character
    Bubble'gum Blue
    World
    Masamune
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 53
    Quote Originally Posted by Karinkanzuki View Post
    I'm gonna add to this as a new player but a seasoned pvper in WoW and GW2. My first impression is that it's hot garbage.

First, unranked/training que is pretty much dead and no tutorial; so you end with people going in blind in ranked. Then the rules of how to play is not even inside the game but a whole separate webpage.

Once I read the rules in depth, I realize the game design doesnt make sense like why Wolves Heart(only good for healers) is accessible to non-healers in the first place or why give to it the single player who did the most damage?

The rules aren't hard to understand, its just convoluted and presented in a lackluster way with some questionable stuff.

Then theres no chat, so it makes even more confusing and its literally the mmo pvp that does this. In a mode that needs team burst syncs and cool down management. The whole countdown thing is just awakward. I thought the enemy was getting a buff in my first few games. I played my share of pvp games, but never seen anything like this.

The actual pvp community is one of the most toxic i've experienced and this coming from someone that dealt with WoW's angry manchildren. Even when I tell these seasoned players I've only played for 2 days and the training que is dead, they still tell me off. Just more to the blacklist and report. Literally overgrown fish in a small pond. The top 100 is not even a true prestigious top 100, it's the whole player base. You're raging new players off the game when your talent pool is already so small.
    Precisely, FFXIV needs a TUTORIAL for PvP akin to the "HALL OF NOVICE" for PvE. This is how it's done in other competitive games such as Valorant. In Valorant, when you're a new player and just downloaded the game, your first task is to learn how to move, use guns, purchase guns, plant the bomb, defuse the bomb, and a quick explanation of abilities that a character can do. The rest is simply play, observe how good players use the character your playing, then emulate what they do. And if you want to be top tier player in that game, all you need to do is find resources and work on your game. And the rest is just queue and enjoy. Basically, it's a good tutorial IMO on basics AND easy to understand. That is how, in my opinion, Feast should be experienced by a new player.

Also, not the entire PvP community is toxic. XD I'm friendly and always willing to help new players. I'm not the best out there, but at least I'm qualified to teach the basics and get you started... and for more advanced game play, I can refer you to the mentors at PvPaissa, some of whom I'm friends with. ^_^
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2