Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Shadow Cat
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Yeah he also really likes picking on a select few of us as revenge I guess.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    X'lota Qi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Rinia View Post
    Seconding this to confirm that it's a major issue. Due to rules, I don't think there's a single piece of evidence that I personally have that can be posted to the forums, however. Almost every single piece contains vulgarities, slurs, etc. I've reported him at one point and at least according to word of mouth, know of at least ten others who have claimed to do the same. He's obviously abusing free trial features in order to do this, as it's always sprouts trolling (very obviously) in place of his main. (Though his main was the initial troll until he mysteriously disappeared for around a month), though now that they're back, they're back with a vengeance and attacking those who have kicked him in the past. At this point the only way for GMs to even deal with him would be an IP ban, and that's only if he hasn't been smart enough to use a VPN. Either way, posting in hopes somehow it helps visibility so the GMs can (hopefully) do something about it.
    Are you saying his main is back? If so it sounds like they haven't perma banned with character deletion yet. Obviously he could still create trials, but at least that would be a real punishment.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Corvus Valerius
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I wish they'd take this more seriously. It's been quite a while this has been going on, and it's always extremely disruptive and also constant. Whoever is doing this clearly has something wrong with them mentally and needs help that can't be found here, but it's absolutely not any of our responsibilities to deal with it.

For the love of god, please, some GM, SE, whatever; IP ban this guy, permanently, and the mentor that keeps adding him in permanently as well because obviously someone else is in on it if they aren't already multi-clienting. It really shouldn't be that hard, it isn't something that requires further deliberation or evidence, it's all happening in front of everyone's eyes and its completely insane that it hasn't already happened yet. If you ban the people who add him to novice network, they'll have to become mentors all over again and that's not something you can do at the drop of a hat, it'd be at least long enough for this psycho to either get bored or give people a week or more of peace before he gives up or tries and gets banned a second or third time.

Like, I know you guys log IPs. There's even a login history you can access from the mogstation. It definitely cannot be that hard to just ban him and the person he's collaborating with permanently so it stops.
    (8)

Character
    Riamara Skye
    World
    Marilith
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I don't buy this. If someone harasses you at all in this game and you report them they get warned or banned very promptly. How do I know this? I was personally handed a warning for a couple of choice words a single time.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Shadow Cat
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 80
    Are u not in aether novice networks? This has been a continuous issue for a week now. They make trial accounts so even if they get banned they just use a new one presumably
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Reap00 View Post
    I don't buy this. If someone harasses you at all in this game and you report them they get warned or banned very promptly. How do I know this? I was personally handed a warning for a couple of choice words a single time.
    This person keeps making free trial alts, so banning them doesn't even accomplish anything.

They've also showed up on our server multiple times now.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Usagi Chiba
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    He has been doing this for months. He has had many, MANY reports filed against him. He still has not been banned. So for some reason, in his case, he is able to harass tons of people and get away with it.
    (1)
    "Look to those, who've walked before, to lead those who walk after."

Player
    Character
    Maria Fabul
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Culinarian Lv 80
    Here is my report history, all stemming from this one guy's spamming.

https://imgur.com/jYP8waJ
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Corvus Valerius
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Well, you should believe it, because it's happening. I don't know anyone else in this thread personally. It's just this one, very persistent insane person who somehow managed to afford a computer and is afforded the priviledge of completely wasting their own time at the expense of everyone else.

They make alts with random or targeted names, their mentor friend (whoever it is has kept quiet or pretended to not be that person) invites them to the novice network and they spam racial slurs, profanity, etc, via macro; then leave before they can get kicked so they can rejoin whenever without the 30 minute ban. Even if you catch them, they just make another alt. They aren't getting their account locked, all anyone who's reported him has received is a "we're investigating" but what the hell is there left to investigate? Just ban his IP, account, and the same for person who he's working with; it shouldn't be that hard. One single complete racist gone isn't going to put them out of business. There's 0 reason to deliberate further or whether or not this psychopath and his friend should be allowed to play the game with everyone else.
    (7)
    Last edited by Corvus_V; 12-22-2020 at 10:28 AM.

Player
    Character
    Yuzuyu Volanti
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Just adding my quick two cents as well. This has been on-going across Aether for much longer than I feel it should be at this point given the frequency and severity of it. I've sent in multiple reports and while that's like the... proper procedure, it's so time consuming to do over and over and over and over and over while we try to get rid of this guy or force him to make a new acct. It has a lot of the mentors getting frustrated/tired, probably freaks out a bunch of our poor Sprouts and it's just a bad look all around. It's just getting worse and worse and more vile and disgusting as it goes on with him flipping from slurs to saying things near pedophilic. Reporting people on PS4 is a pain in the arse and while I will absolutely KEEP going to lengths to get rid of this guy I'm just sick of it. This shouldn't be happening.

Either a Mentor friend is helping him do this, or he's hopping until an invite-spammy Mentor gets him. If it's the SAME Mentor, then they need to be neutered or banned alongside him. Every time I file a report they already HAVE so many reports that I don't get an actual GM response and that's completely sad. This person is bothering so many people so wide-spread, and it's still happening. They're posting things like "GMS can't do shit", "can't kick me", and just generally being taunting about getting away with this, stealing people's names or making the name close enough to an existing user to confuse people or potentially get them blamed. Enough is enough already. This goes beyond harassment and disrespect, this is complete and utter malice, with no job or hobby to boot and it's disruptive. It completely wrecks my chatlogs to the point where I had to move Novice to a separate chat channel so I could still keep up with chat while not completely losing my ability to help moderate my FC or help them as well.

I may play it off as a joke in the NN, but it is just annoying to me as I'm sure it is to every single Mentor and Sprout across Aether. This guy needs to be stopped, IP banned, whatever it takes.
    (8)

Page 2 of 44 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast