Player
    Character
    Angelhearth Besterda
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80

Did SE do something with the retainer drops AFTER the patch?

Patch 5.4 gave some insane drop rates that started killing the market completely (if the bots weren't bad enough on their own). I made a post about it and sent feedback in-game, and after that (might not have been me at all, just them figuring out they made a mistake) the drop rates seems to be better in keeping the prices higher on the market board. with 45 retainers I haven't seen the black or white dye for days. I also notice few Neo-Ishgardian drops, as well as a lot of other drops that I got in abundance the first days after the patch.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Voidle Vovo
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    They figured they'd deal with the market board complaints by killing the market board altogether.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    you won't see pure white/jet black dye as direct retainer drops anymore. all rare dyes are now part of the "Venture Coffer" item that they can now bring back. Retainer Fantasia's are also part of that loot pool now.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Angelhearth Besterda
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by DrWho2010 View Post
    you won't see pure white/jet black dye as direct retainer drops anymore. all rare dyes are now part of the "Venture Coffer" item that they can now bring back. Retainer Fantasia's are also part of that loot pool now.
    With 45 retainers I managed to figure that one out all by myself.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thy'mara Thurston
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    I keep thinking this must be why furnishings and corsages just took a serious nosedive MB wise -- but is that the full explanation? I keep coming back to feeling like I don't have enough information--but the market does feel really broken in places.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KatCnaa View Post
    I keep thinking this must be why furnishings and corsages just took a serious nosedive MB wise -- but is that the full explanation? I keep coming back to feeling like I don't have enough information--but the market does feel really broken in places.
    I used to make a fortune on Hingan exterior furnishings until they were added to the venture poll and were being sold far cheaper than what the mats were worth. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to make money in this market now. I have tons of money but no clue how to replace it if I spend it on pure white dye.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Angelhearth Besterda
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Edax View Post
    I used to make a fortune on Hingan exterior furnishings until they were added to the venture poll and were being sold far cheaper than what the mats were worth. I'm kind of at a loss as to how to make money in this market now. I have tons of money but no clue how to replace it if I spend it on pure white dye.
    I earn money on retainers, that's the only way now, unless you want to work your behind off. I have 6 characters, 5 lvl 80. 5 characters with 9 retainers each, lvl 80 ilvl 480. That makes me maybe, 1 million a day, depending on how much I get in. About once a day I get 2 white or black dye, which accounts for most of the earnings.
    (0)