Player
    Character
    Solaris Firebourne
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Need for more item storage

With all of the different relic weapons and tools, there is a desperate need for additional storage space for these items. It’s like you want to punish the players dedicated enough to farm for all of these glamour weapons by making them use up retainer space to hold them.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    More storage!
    Especially in the glamour dresser please.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Roily Eftup
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80

Agree with increasing storage

One of the great things about FF14 is the the huge variety of items you can either acquire or craft. I think the current amount of inventory space available is probably sufficient for storing most folks' armor and weapons/tools they would use, but you run out of space quickly if you do any serious gathering. While I sincerely appreciate that gathered items usually stack to 999, it still leaves a bit to be desired in practicality.

Let's look at an example: Culinarians make dishes that sometimes require 5 ingredients. If you intend to produce these for personal use or market board sales, you're going to need to gather a lot of the required ingredients. Assuming you gather 100 of each item, you are likely going to get at least a few HQ items, which take up an additional slot. Crafting your dish, especially with quick synthesis, will also make normal and HQ finished products. Even though you set out to make ONE thing, it ends up taking up TWELVE item slots from your inventory. Good food/potions are expected for higher end content so you don't get clobbered, but it is very punitive for those who put in the effort to manufacture those expected items.

I am fine with the finished products taking up inventory space as they do, but raw materials really do belong in a "craft bag" of some sort that doesn't take up traditional inventory space. This was previously a huge problem in another MMO that was solved beautifully with this method. Granted, the "craft bag" is only available to those who subscribed, but that shouldn't be a real issue here. I don't believe implementing such a feature would ruin the economy, as anyone would still have to put forth the time to find and gather whatever materials they were looking for, or they could still buy them from the MB to save time, as many do now. The only difference is no one would be giving up their inventory to harvest/mine/fish raw materials- only finished products would take up inventory space. I don't believe anyone would really "lose" by implementing such a change. Just my thoughts on the matter.

Respectfully submitted,
    Roi
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeeRoy View Post
    I am fine with the finished products taking up inventory space as they do, but raw materials really do belong in a "craft bag" of some sort that doesn't take up traditional inventory space.
    Their stance is and always has been that instead of adding inventory space for specific things, they will instead general inventory space anyone could use for anything.
    It's why they added the Chocobo saddlebag.
    And also why they've flat out said they'll never add a tackle box for fishers

And honestly, I think that's a good move.
    (2)
    Last edited by ItMe; 12-27-2020 at 01:58 PM.

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    While I would like more storage I don't think its needed. But I amn't trying to level every job in the game.

I am an end game crafter / gatherer. I am a pack rat, I have items from 1.x that haven't been implemented in 2.x -5.4. I have obsolete 2.0 items. Really. Search buffalo leather. I keep all the alex, omega, and eden drops so I can turn them into GC seals. Someday. I have Eureka stuff justincaseIevergoback.

I have one extra retainer which I wouldn't need if I wasn't such a pack rat.

In any event its a good ask.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sami Moshantu
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Seconding this. The big issue between people who want more space and people who think it's not needed I think is how much glamour gear you keep around.
    I've been collection glamour gear for years now, from raid gear to relics to artifact gear to particularly nice dungeon gear like Bonewicca and Shadowless, to just hard to get crafted glam and everything the Gold Saucer has to offer.
    I have six retainers completely full on glamour, stuffed to the brim, and a seventh well on the way. My Glamour Dresser has around 3 slots left. My saddlebags are full. If we don't get more space I will soon have to go through all of it and determine everything that can be re-acquired with relative ease because I am just running out of room.
    If we had some kind of Glamour Catalogue like WoW this problem would go away, and I doubt anyone would need more space. I know it's a lot of work, but this problem will never be solved until the work is put in to create an actual solution.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SamiMoshantu View Post
    Seconding this. The big issue between people who want more space and people who think it's not needed I think is how much glamour gear you keep around.
    I've been collection glamour gear for years now, from raid gear to relics to artifact gear to particularly nice dungeon gear like Bonewicca and Shadowless, to just hard to get crafted glam and everything the Gold Saucer has to offer.
    I have six retainers completely full on glamour, stuffed to the brim, and a seventh well on the way. My Glamour Dresser has around 3 slots left. My saddlebags are full. If we don't get more space I will soon have to go through all of it and determine everything that can be re-acquired with relative ease because I am just running out of room.
    If we had some kind of Glamour Catalogue like WoW this problem would go away, and I doubt anyone would need more space. I know it's a lot of work, but this problem will never be solved until the work is put in to create an actual solution.
    While a WoW Transmog collection style system would be nice, I doubt we'll ever get it.

There's little point in keeping glamour items you're unlikely to ever use. Most of it is not just "relatively" easy to farm, it is plain easy to farm as our job levels increase so we can quickly solo farm instances unsynced or as we can gather the needed to materials to craft quickly. If it's been sitting on your retainer for a year unused, accept you're probably never going to use it and convert it to gil by turning in for GC seals to buy mats/ventures or desynthesizing for materials to sell.

An inventory clogged up with things we aren't using is gil lost.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kitty Ozara
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 80
    Item storage when you are levelling crafters would be nice. The retainers space plus your own just never seems enough. I wouldn't mind a chest built only for crafting items that you can stick in your home. Or a dye chest that you can only stick dyes in. A weapons rack that you can only place the weapons you want to keep on. That sort of thing. It would increase storage but also add furniture, make the homes feel more useful. I dunno, just thinking out loud.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Karuru Karu
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarisF View Post
    With all of the different relic weapons and tools, there is a desperate need for additional storage space for these items. It’s like you want to punish the players dedicated enough to farm for all of these glamour weapons by making them use up retainer space to hold them.
    While more inventory space is always nice and it feels better to have the real weapons and tools at hand - you can throw away the actual relics and buy a replica any time you want to use it for glamour. So there is not really a need for additional space for the relics.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Kylis Mitnu
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Regarding Armory Chest, I am finding the rest of the slots are fine given shared armor. The one slot I am having trouble with space on is weapons since each job uses a different weapon and I am bringing them all to 80.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast