Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    While I can't really comment on the rest of it, your idea that buying and deliberately discarding a Fantasia somehow "undoes" the first item restoration is based on the wrong concept.

It's not about what you got out of it, it's about the work they had to put in to restore the item. They will only do that work once per account.

If they didn't directly instruct you to purchase and discard the item, then your independent decision to do that isn't something you can hold against them for not accepting.
    (4)

2. 12-10-2020 02:10 AM

Player
    Character
    Mossie Masamune
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jillian View Post
    This whole situation really stinks and while I think you should be given the item-restore, I don't think SE is going to budge on this. I feel like we should be entitled to a one-time restore once a year not once per account but, I don't make the rules. Seven and a half years ago is a long time. Unless the weapon is a 1.0 item, it's probably not too difficult to get. Is it a crafted item or relic by chance? What is it? Do you know anybody that can help you reacquire it? I would help if possible but we are on different servers.
    It is a non-obtainable item, unfortunately, but thank you so much. You are a kind soul.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mossberg; 12-10-2020 at 02:14 AM.

4. 01-21-2021 11:55 AM

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mossberg View Post
    At this point, I don't care about the restoration of item or the $10 you kept.
    That would be the $10 you paid them and then deliberately wasted by throwing the item away in front of them, despite not being instructed to do so?

Sorry, but I wouldn't be feeling shame for that as a GM. Being passive-aggressive about it just lowers the chance of them being willing to go the extra mile to help you out.
    (3)
    Last edited by Iscah; 01-21-2021 at 12:07 PM.

6. 01-21-2021 12:22 PM

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Let me ask you an honest question, if you were Square-Enix and you heard a fan of yours, since Final Fantasy 1 on the NES, was going through cancer, would you perhaps help them with something a little as this? I would like to think you would, as any decent person would.

Edit: again, cancer didn't make me special, or entitled... but we could all use a little compassion when we are that far down... I pray you never have to go through what I've been through, if you do, I hope you are shown compassion.
    Being compassionate is not the same thing as giving you free stuff.

And at a large scale, no they can't be expected to give you special treatment, or they have to do it for everyone who contacts them saying "I'm a big fan and I've been ill so you should give me something special".

So if I was dealing with your case, no you wouldn't get anything for telling me that (except "I'm sorry to hear that"), and I would just be dealing with your request like any other. If anything it would make me privately suspicious that you're just saying it in the hope you'll get better treatment out of it. I also probably wouldn't be noting it down in your case notes for anyone up the chain to read, because it has nothing to do with the issue at hand.

From your earlier posts, the fact that the Fantasia was restored because it wasn't delivered to your mailbox sounds like a company error. Maybe it didn't even count as your one-time restoration - it sounds like something they should have just resent automatically. Maybe it was automatic and you're still entitled to an item restore. Maybe it got noted down as your one-time restore when it shouldn't have, and if that came clear in the first place, maybe they would have looked at it and said "actually that shouldn't have happened". Whatever exactly was going on there, I'll guess that might be the cause of the back-and-forth whether you'd be entitled or not. Some people might have the details and see it's an error, some just hear that you used your restore already and say you can't do it again.

ANYWAY. If it was just about sorting out that item, maybe you would have got further. But you turned it into reclaiming the $10 from the Fantasia as well, or insisting that they owe you something because you did that of your own volition. They do not owe you that money. From their view, you spent your money and you chose to use it by throwing it away, and it has nothing to do with your item restoration claim.

Blaming them for costing you that $10 is unreasonable and may cause them to dismiss the rest of your case as unreasonable as well, without looking further into it.

Every time you repeat "oh, and they still have my $10" you look more demanding and less reasonable. Because it's not yours - you chose to pay them so it's no longer yours - and you have no interest in recognising that. You're expecting compassion but won't consider that maybe you're in the wrong and they have a valid reason to refuse you. You're trying to hold them to a deal that only exists in your mind and that they never agreed to.

In any case, what "simple" weapon are you even after that is worth days of stressing over whether the GM gets back to you? Very little in the game is impossible to get back again, and that might also affect how willing they are to go to the work of restoring it for you.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I think the gut feeling I've been trying to put into words is, you started off saying that you knew it was a "long shot" and an "act of good faith" but the fact you keep bringing it up as something they therefore owe you speaks against it.

Your long shot failed. You knew it might not work, you didn't ask them if it would work, and it failed - which means you should be prepared to let it go. You gambled $10 and you lost it.

Insisting that they owe it to you, whether as refunded cash or your other item restored, isn't taking a long shot; it's trying to force them into a deal and you're not taking no for an answer.

That is what I find off-putting about your claim, regardless of what other circumstances you might be in.
    (3)

9. 01-21-2021 09:27 PM

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    The second part though, I don't appreciate you implying that I am lying about cancer. That is wildly inappropriate and cold-blooded. In fact, you can just move along for that statement. At this point, I'm done with you.
    I am not implying that you are lying. Not you, here in this thread, telling your story. I am saying that as a theoretical customer service officer I cannot judge whether any person claiming to be ill is telling the truth or just trying to guilt me into bending rules for them, therefore the fairest route is to treat everyone based on the actual issue at hand and not give special treatment. If I can help, it's because you have a valid customer-support request that can be resolved, not because your situation should make me be especially nice to you.

You yourself are saying you shouldn't get special treatment, so why bring it up except to try to convince the customer service person that you want special treatment?

I guess that's the thing. "I need help with this tech support problem" is all you need to say to get my assistance; trying to give me a reason to be nicer to you than I am to other people is unwelcome pressure.
    (1)
    Last edited by Iscah; 01-21-2021 at 11:46 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mossie Masamune
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    I am not implying that you are lying. Not you, here in this thread, telling your story. I am saying that as a theoretical customer service officer I cannot judge whether any person claiming to be ill is telling the truth or just trying to guilt me into bending rules for them
    Theoretically or not. It’s a very distasteful and repugnant thing to imply. Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    I guess that's the thing. "I need help with this tech support problem" is all you need to say to get my assistance; trying to give me a reason to be nicer to you than I am to other people is unwelcome pressure.
    ‘Unwanted pressure’? Give me a break.. Try being on the other side!

I mentioned it because I was truly stressed and for a good reason! I didn’t need a customer service interaction to make it any worse, but we all see how they handled it.

You quoted me saying “it’s doesn’t make me special or entitled”.. that is correct. But being kind to someone during a hardship doesn’t mean that having to give them their way. They could have just kindly said ‘no’ and stuck with it. They could have responded in a timely manner, even if it was bad news. If the Lead GM doesn’t want to look into this or contact me.. say it! But don’t string me along and tell me you are going to do things you have zero intentions in doing. This ticket is from October - November of last year. It’s months old.

SQUARE MODS/GMs — please delete this thread. I’m done. Thanks for not being there for me!
    (0)
    Last edited by Mossberg; 01-22-2021 at 08:08 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2