Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast
    Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    We're getting a certain Ishgardian as a Trust NPC in Endwalker. That may or may not mean that he ends up joining the Scions. If he does, there's some more diversity right there - unless, of course, some people only consider things to be diverse if they can see physical differences right away?

(Which I think is an odd stance, since someone from Scotland is going be very different to someone from Poland who in turn is different to someone from France and so on and so forth...)
    (9)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    We're getting a certain Ishgardian as a Trust NPC in Endwalker. That may or may not mean that he ends up joining the Scions. If he does, there's some more diversity right there - unless, of course, some people only consider things to be diverse if they can see physical differences right away?

(Which I think is an odd stance, since someone from Scotland is going be very different to someone from Poland who in turn is different to someone from France and so on and so forth...)
    Apparently pointy ears don't count. Skin colour is the only difference which matters to some. Not the fact that we're talking about a setting with fantastical races.

I guess "PoC" is just the 2021 wokerati's way of saying "coloured folk".

In all honesty, I'd like to see a male Au Ra in the Scions, but I don't see the need or value in adding things just for the sake of it - including virtue signalling - and if there's no organic fit for one, best off leaving it until there is one.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Mikaeus Thelunarch
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkdra View Post
    also give some of the current scion nerds some hair dye because it's white and blonde hair all the way down.
    i doubt it'll happen at this point. i don't really see their design changing much outside of alphy's job change.

anyways, character appearance isn't of much importance to me personally and reducing em all to "just a bunch of white-haired white people" doesn't really say much imo
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Areic Davrun
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    The devs should just add who they want to add if anyone at all and not conform to a mass of quotas people think every aspect of media needs to follow nowadays
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Katarh Mest
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Getting a darker skinned Scion, or a Scion of a different playable races besides Elf/Human/Cat in the group would be nice, but it's something that should be done naturally as part of the storyline, not an intentional shoehorn.

Lilja is most importantly a good example of a proper character, not just an NPC. (She's got a crush on the WoL to rival Alisae, if you dig into her post Delubrum dialog.) She has motivations all her own and a purpose in the story, and doesn't simply exist as a plot device. Raubhan is the same, although his story seems to be on hold for a while now.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Xant'cha Argoth
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Are we really pretending that Y'Shtola is white?
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Hildbrand Manderville
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I'd rather have a Hrothgar Scion. Or maybe both.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Volke Volke
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet_Galaxy View Post
    Lol I really hate that "PoC" term. Just say black. Stop lumping people under some made up umbrella. Anyway, Gaius and Raubahn are NOT black but deeply tanned. That's normally Japans go-to in these situations and they'll always try to lighten skin than darken. A part of their archaic culture. Oh and stop trying to inject 'merican perspectives into a Japanese game. Japan looks out for Japan and Japan only. Japan. #freepost
    I'm a black guy and whenever I see someone use the term "PoC" I immediately just see them as a virtue signaling white knight. Same for the people who use "African-American" when the past 5 generations of someone's family have lived in the U.S. I'm not African-American, I'm American. Nobody calls people with Irish heritage Irish-American, or germans heritage German-Amercian.

Folks need to drop the focus on skin color. I'll take a well written developed character over "bRoWn" any day. Enough with the tokenism.
    (14)
    Last edited by iVolke; 03-10-2021 at 03:18 AM. Reason: typo

Character
    Kizuya Katogami
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 81
    I’d rather they just add other types of races, preferably male au ra or hrothgar, regardless of color, since those are very scarce in the story as it is. As other people have said it should come naturally and not be shoehorned in although i wouldn’t complain if they killed off some of the scions (alisaie) to make room for new, better ones.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Genevieve August
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Violet_Galaxy View Post
    Lol I really hate that "PoC" term. Just say black. Stop lumping people under some made up umbrella. Anyway, Gaius and Raubahn are NOT black but deeply tanned. That's normally Japans go-to in these situations and they'll always try to lighten skin than darken. A part of their archaic culture. Oh and stop trying to inject 'merican perspectives into a Japanese game. Japan looks out for Japan and Japan only. Japan. #freepost

I absolutely love it when clowns open up their mouths. Always a joy
    (0)

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 32 ... LastLast