Player
    Character
    Y'dyalani Rhus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Issue with shop purchase

Go to buy something, input card, “you will be redirected” keeps flashing on screen. Never redirected and purchase doesn’t happens

What gives?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    I was having trouble with that yesterday trying to renew my subscription after it lapsed so I had to re-enter the card details. I was using my phone and it just kept stalling on "you will be redirected" and then never redirecting. It worked when I did it on my PC instead though - could be the device, could be chance and timing.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Y'dyalani Rhus
    World
    Louisoix
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    24 hrs later. Took your advise and tried pc. Same thing as phone. So still not working a day later. Maybe square just don’t want my money :P
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    This seems to be a sadly common issue now - as I mentioned recently in another thread, this seems to be not caused by something SE has done but your bank/card vendor - the issue seems to be with a security protocol banks are now using on credit cards called 'Secure 3D'.

What Secure 3D is meant to do with online stores that support it, is that when a buyer inputs their card details to make a purchase, it is meant to redirect them to their bank's online banking portal within that frame, which will then ask them to verify that purchase is indeed legitimate and authorized by the card holder (usually by being sent a one time password to the buyer's phone to input on that page). Once that is verified the frame will disappear and the purchase is meant to continue as normal.

However, for whatever reason this doesn't seem to be working as well as it should, and a lot of people have had trouble with such systems glitching such as the 'you will be redirected' thing not actually working and loading up the bank's portal. I've had similar problems on my computer with the latest version of Firefox and I only was able to get it to work by using another computer with the latest version of Chrome. All you can really do is try using an alternative browser to access the page and see if it works.
    (0)

Player

This and the huge wait times on uncongested servers lately think is why the mogstation and store has had more maintenance lately. Still ongoing though.
    (0)

Wise men speak because the have something to say, fools because they have to say something. - Plato - He saw the ff forums apparently.