Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80

Final Fantasy 16 was announced

So they just announced FF16 on the PS5 Showcase. The story looks like it could be pretty good, but I'm not to keen on the action combat coming over from 15. What do you guys all think?
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Edax Royeaux
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Final Fantasy 16 has officially been announced as a PlayStation console exclusive.
    Edit: And will be available on PC as well
    (5)
    Last edited by Edax; 09-17-2020 at 05:38 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kyou Kobayashi
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I'm fine with how the combat was shown. I prefere fast paced action.

Looks really fun, I hope they will add a very hard mode, my only gripe with 15 was that it was way too easy.
    (4)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Kyou Kobayashi
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Edax View Post
    Final Fantasy 16 has officially been announced as a PlayStation console exclusive.

Will also be available on PC, there was a small note on the bottom of that screen stating that.
    (1)
    Letter from the Producer LIVE Part IX Q&A Summary (10/30/2013)
    Q: Will there be any maintenance fees or other costs for housing, besides the cost of the land and house?
    A: In older MMOs, such as Ultima Online, there was a house maintenance fee you had to pay weekly, but in FFXIV: ARR we decided against this system. Similarly, these older MMOs also had a system where your house would break down if you didn’t log in after a while in order to have you continue your subscription, but this is a thing of the past and we won't have any system like that.

Player
    Character
    Thepale Rider
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    So that's where all our sub money went!
    (53)
    Last edited by Tranquilmelody7; 09-17-2020 at 05:18 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jin Wa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Meh, their modern ffs suck since 13
    (9)
    Last edited by Jin-; 09-17-2020 at 06:04 AM. Reason: Autocorrect fix

Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Edax View Post
    Going to be on PC too it looked like.
    (1)

Character
    Loud Jungle
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 60
    Battle system: Looks boring, I don't want to dash and fly in the air like in XV
    Everything else: Looks interesting, specially the focus on the Eikons. What ultimately breaks/makes FF is the cast, and so far I'm not seeing anyone that catches my eye in it, looking as generic and samey as FFXV.

Big plus: Towns and places seem to not be in modern day america
    (10)

Player
    Character
    Claire Oreiro
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    That explains why there is no content in XIV, dev team is actually making FFXVI.
    So, will people who sub to XIV get XVI for free or for -50%? We already funded the game.
    (33)

Player
    Character
    Noel Maimhov
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    developed by business unit 3, aka the one Yoshida's in charge of, if I saw it correctly.

well, time for some speculation now: I recall an older interview in which Yoshida stated that he'd be willing to pass on one of his 2 positions (can't remember if it was director or producer specifically) to someone else with MMO dev experience. Yosuke Saito (the other guy from the NieR raid) jokingly stated in his video message during last years anniversary stream that he'd love to join the XIV team and take over as producer. Saito and Yoshida have already worked together before on Dragon Quest X.
    So, should Yoshida be involved with FF16, then I won't be surprised if Saito fully joins the XIV team and takes over one of Yoshida's positions
    (3)
    Last edited by swiss_Momo; 09-17-2020 at 05:54 AM. Reason: mixed up Saito with Okabe, derp

Page 1 of 23 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast