Player
    Character
    Colonel Angus
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90

Nerdist article with FFXIV and tanking

Just saw this and wanted to share https://nerdist.com/article/tanking-...l-fantasy-xiv/
    (3)
    https://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/350413/

Character
    Absdihfskv Dijsijsdsl
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    "tanking helped me gain confidence in real life situations"

wtf??
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vice Shark
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Good for Ashley. Sometimes, a boost of confidence in real life doesn't always come from some wise friend, family or some self-help motivational book. It might just come from a place where you least expect it.
    (3)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rein_eon_Osborne View Post
    Healing DRK is literally... the same since ShB. The reason why people think it's a meme to heal nowadays because DRK receives very little to no buff to their sustainability vs 3 other tanks getting something useful. If you're capable of healing DRK back in ShB (or any tanks), then you'll heal EW DRK just fine.

Player
    Character
    Pom Pom
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    That's interesting, because healing made me hate everybody
    (18)

Player
    Character
    Yehn'zi Panipahr
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    I definitely get where the author is coming from. I don't know that tanking that had big of an impact on my life outside the game, but when I started playing, way back with ARR, I definitely was not the kind of person who would have felt comfortable tanking. I avoided it because I figured I'd make mistakes and piss people off and that's the worst feeling, oof. But once I tried tanking, it was pretty helpful for getting over that perfectionist mindset. Yeah, I made mistakes when I started and probably did piss off my share of randoms unintentionally. But, you know, mistakes happen? You learn and move on and get better. I feel like, at the very least, there are some decent IRL lessons to learn from in-game tanking. :P
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Emilia Summers
    World
    Chocobo
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ZattanaWen View Post
    That's interesting, because healing made me hate everybody
    Hear hear. I main tank but when i play healer for that sweet daily bonus, i hate people. Tank that don't use cooldowns. DPS that can't DPS and still eat circles.
    I hate healing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rymmrael Bhaldraelwyn
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Good for her! It makes total sense to me, as I went through something similar over a decade ago.

I wasn't just shy or quiet in high school, I was downright anti-social. I picked up WoW the summer after I graduated; both learning to tank in that game and expending my social circle online definitely contributed (along with some other, irl changes I made) to boosting my confidence and social skills. It helped me to become more comfortable not just interacting with people, but leading them as well. I ending up raid leading for our guild for several years before I left the game. It's hard to pinpoint exactly how much gaming influenced me but, cheesy as it sounds, I really think it had a tangible impact on how I turned out.
    (1)

~ My FF14 IG account ~
    https://www.instagram.com/rymmrael/
    ~ Interesting FF14 fan creations to check out ~
    https://aetherflowmedia.com
    http://www.eorzeasntm.org/

Player
    Character
    Nicodemus Mercy
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seddrinth View Post
    "tanking helped me gain confidence in real life situations"

wtf??
    I can see it in some ways. Being a tank in an MMO requires taking on a leadership role in some respects. Not everyone is comfortable being in such a role. I know I am not and I actively avoid tanking when possible. But someone who consistently takes on that leadership role in a game can find it easier to take on such roles in day to day life.
    (0)
    How many men am I involved with? Well that depends... do you mean men as in males? Or just midlanders?

Player
    Character
    Fynlar Eira
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    As a tank myself, I totally buy it. Good on them.
    (1)