Player
    Character
    Dookie-von Stroogle
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 30

Preferred OR Congested?

What's up everyone. I'm hoping someone can clarify the confusion my friends & I are having. We recently started back on Leviathan and long story short... the realm was too congested that the entire squad couldn't get in on the same realm. We decided Mateus on the Crystal shard. The population is much lower, but now character creation isn't allowed on this server. Literally within an hour. How is the realm preferred but unable to create characters? Is the server now considered congested and no longer preferred or just a lil failure within itself on the 'server status' page? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

- Dookie-Von
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thepale Rider
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Dookie_Von View Post
    What's up everyone. I'm hoping someone can clarify the confusion my friends & I are having. We recently started back on Leviathan and long story short... the realm was too congested that the entire squad couldn't get in on the same realm. We decided Mateus on the Crystal shard. The population is much lower, but now character creation isn't allowed on this server. Literally within an hour. How is the realm preferred but unable to create characters? Is the server now considered congested and no longer preferred or just a lil failure within itself on the 'server status' page? Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

- Dookie-Von
    It's a temporary measure implemented during times of high traffic on a server.

You just need to wait and keep checking later to see if you can create a character.

Mateus is currently preferred, so just keep trying.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Character creation can get temporarily closed on any server when it is too busy. This is a temporary state and can change from minute to minute. Try again at some time when the server is less busy - early in the morning is usually a good bet.
    This is different from a congested server. You can neither create a new character on a congested server nor transfer a character to a congested server. A congested server will only change status when SE decides it does not need to be congested any longer. Such a change always happens in conjunction with ordinary server maintenance and is accompanied by a notice on the Lodestone and in the launcher.
    (0)