Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Character
    Matthieu Desrosiers
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Anything posted in a thread is open to engagement. It's probably best not to post something if the intention is to not have it acknowledged or debated.

The only thing that matters is whether or not the posts in question adhere to the terms of service/code of conduct.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Tristain Archambeau
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    I'm not exactly sure why you felt the need to reply to me specifically. I wasn't arguing in favour of a character being gay. I was saying that a man having children doesn't automatically mean he's straight. You probably should've quoted someone else.
    It's a comment on the discussion. You really oughtn't get so up in arms over a little quote!
    (2)
    When the game's story becomes self-aware:

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lauront View Post
    It's a comment on the discussion. You really oughtn't get so up in arms over a little quote!
    I'm not sure why you think I'm "up in arms". I thought my tone was pretty neutral. Allow me to simplify why I didn't believe you quoting me made sense:

Me: Gay men can have children, there's lots of ways
    You: Characters that are gay don't just blurt it out, and it's weird to assume a character is gay by default

I don't know about you, but I feel like you would've been better off saying that in response to someone else, because it doesn't counter anything I said. People often misquote by accident, so since what you said had more to do with what other people were saying than what I was, I thought I'd point it out.

By the way, if you assume anyone replying to you and not agreeing is "up in arms", you may want to consider why you're so quick to think other people are angry when they're not. I may need to include a disclaimer in future posts to reassure people that I'm not personally attacking them.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Shofie Mahowyn
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Thancred is in his early thirties.

Alphinaud is 16.

Time bubble is a thing here, but even if we pretend it's not for half a second, that's still a disturbing insinuation you're getting at there. It's also some pretty gross stereotypes about the predatory nature of certain LGBT+ relationships. (Not sure the forums will let me get more clear than this on this point.)
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Dal S'ta
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    As you go through the ARR story line, you will have several opportunities to see interactions with Thancred's past loves as vignettes (that text that comes up when you 'click' on a character') in the Rising Stones.

If you start in Ul'dah, one of the earliest Echo scenes in 2.0 shows Thancred displaying his charm.

You are welcome, of course, to provide your own head-canon, but it's pretty clear that the writers have already provided their thoughts on the subject.

I think that both of the twins may have a fan crush on the Warrior of Light. I'd treat it as a mild case of 'hero worship', not as romantic advances. They are, after all, both in their mid-teens.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shofie View Post
    Thancred is in his early thirties.

Alphinaud is 16.

Time bubble is a thing here, but even if we pretend it's not for half a second, that's still a disturbing insinuation you're getting at there. It's also some pretty gross stereotypes about the predatory nature of certain LGBT+ relationships. (Not sure the forums will let me get more clear than this on this point.)
    Dont tell me alphinaud is only 16 with all what he has done....

that would make him 11 during 1.0 before calamity.
    I can believe he was 16 before calamity which would make him 21 now if you account for the time bubble after ARR.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Lily Rabanastre
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlinzulu View Post
    Dont tell me alphinaud is only 16 with all what he has done....

that would make him 11 during 1.0 before calamity.
    That is the case, yes. He was 11 years old during the events of 1.0 leading up to the 7th Umbral Calamity, and did not travel to Eorzea until five years later.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Unless I get an official SE statement of his age I just won't believe it. No head of state would take the word of an underage child serious. On the other hand at what age are elezen considered to be an adult? It wouldn't be accurate to project human ages onto them
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rannie Lfey
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Here is your official word that the twins are 16

https://www.finalfantasyxiv.com/anni...?rgn=na&lng=en

And that's not even including that it states it in the official lore book the encyclopedia eorzea

Edit: I highly recommend reading all the tales from it give more background and lore information on characters and events that happen.... a couple of the stories include Thancred

We are also still in the time bubble of ARR which is still 5 years after the Calamity. Time has not progressed at all . Which is the year 1577
    (6)
    Last edited by Rannie; 09-05-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Player
    Character
    Mia Cott
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Mhaeric View Post
    Personally, unless it's made explicit I tend to assume the male characters are all gay. Of the main characters, Thancred and Urianger have both had story lines that show them interested in women,but Alphinaud, Haurchefant, Aymeric, Estinien, Nero, G'raha Tia, Emet Selch and Gaius are all gay until proven straight for me lol.
    Why Aymeric though? I'd at least assume him to be bi. During the HW story it always seemed to me that him and Lucia were quite close and might end up together.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlinzulu View Post
    Unless I get an official SE statement of his age I just won't believe it. No head of state would take the word of an underage child serious. On the other hand at what age are elezen considered to be an adult? It wouldn't be accurate to project human ages onto them
    Someone above already linked the official info about them being 16 but also I'm pretty sure that Elezen get a growth spurt at about 18. So if he was in his 20s he's be fighting with Urianger for who's taller.
    (1)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast