Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8
    Player
    Character
    Seleni Cereus
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    There’s always the officially sanctioned “bots”, aka retainers, doing the gathering.

Personally as gatherer I like not having to compete for nodes, and as crafter I love being able to send retainers out to gather stuff for me. But the virtually unlimited supply of mats is probably one of the reasons why inflation in this game seems out of control.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Trachynwyda Fyreynwyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    First off, I'd like to compliment you on the excellent choice of being a Duskwight, you are a player of culture.

Secondly, while I agree botting is a serious issue, I've seen them all over the place since ARR, and it's unfortunately why I have to gather my own shards/crystals/etc as I don't want to support that. People selling large stacks or quantities of stacks aren't always bots though. Back in HW, I was able to get a zone or two ahead of the pack and spent days doing nothing but gathering and selling stacks and stacks of materials, some raw, others processed (logs, etc). A canny player will be able to prepare for upcoming patches and be ready to capitalize on an emerging, short-term, market. Sometimes a returnee clearing out inventory looks like a bot too...I've got thousands of pieces of various Skybuilder's materials that I'm trying to dump after coming back and I'm sure people think I'm a bot.

If you're on Atomos and need to level a crafter, please buy my stuff! LOL

Regards,
    IQ
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trachynwyda Fyreynwyn
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seleni View Post
    There’s always the officially sanctioned “bots”, aka retainers, doing the gathering.

Personally as gatherer I like not having to compete for nodes, and as crafter I love being able to send retainers out to gather stuff for me. But the virtually unlimited supply of mats is probably one of the reasons why inflation in this game seems out of control.
    Imagine being able to turn raw materials in for mounts etc that are better than the current scrip stuff. If there was something that ended up being more appealing than the Gil I could earn selling ore/logs or ingots/lumber/gems that I could earn by turning in large amounts of materials (not finished goods like rings), I'd be all about that. Until then, I'm going to be making as much money as I can on the off chance I'm actually able to procure a house plot. It's good to dream, right?
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8