Player
    Character
    Trug Belleme
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90

Error 2002 on Hotel Wifi

I know the issue is completely on the hotel wifi admins' side, but they suggested I ask here for help anyway.

My family and I are staying at a hotel, and are able to log into the launcher, but when the game tries to reach the datacenter we get an error code 2002 and are unable to connect. I imagine it's a port issue on the network, but the admins said they don't have any ports blocked and that I need to reach out to the game support for help.

Is there anything beyond telling them which ports need to be open that might fix this problem? Thanks in advance.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

The game will use the Internet Explorer web browser to connect to the internet. Open Internet Explorer, then open the "Tools" setting, go to "Internet Options" and adjust the following settings:
    - Under the "General" tab, please delete ALL browser history.
    - Under the "Security" tab, please move the slider to the lowest possible settings or no higher than "Medium"
    - Under the "Privacy" tab, click “Advanced” and select ‘Accept’ under both First Party and Third Party Cookies.
    - Under the "Advanced" tab, please make sure that "Allow software to run or install even if signature is invalid" is CHECKED.
    - Make sure that all SSL and TLS (EXCEPT SSL 3.0) are CHECKED. [SSL 3.0 should be UNCHECKED]
    - Hit "Apply" to save the settings, and then "OK, to close the Internet Options menu.

- Make sure your anti-virus/firewall has the appropriate exceptions for Final Fantasy XIV (you can temporarily disable them while you try to connect as well).

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Trug Belleme
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Disregard, we were able to work around it with a VPN. So definitely a problem on the hotels end. Thanks!
    (0)