Player
    Character
    Kahom Vafel
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 31
    Quote Originally Posted by Gruntler View Post
    The issue with this is that we are a) a caster, b) balanced around being a caster, c) only in melee for short bursts which is a skill-tester for any caster when we're taking up a ranged spot and therefore expected to deal with ranged mechanics which put us at range, and d) a caster.

The fact that YOU believe that it's supposed to be some gishy sword-mage thing, despite that not being its actual identity except in that one MMO with wonky job design, doesn't make it so. RDM's always been about having -spell variety- at the cost of reduced raw spell power and charges, with auto-attacks as something the RDM can do between casts, though not with as great effectiveness as actual melee attackers.

Then, once FF5 hit, the 'turret' identity became solidified, with chainspell being the big thing it eventually brings to the table.

That's why RDM's identity is based around chainspell. Because chainspell's been what it's been about since FF5.
    I'm not sure what classic FF games you've played as RDM was THE original FF gish. In my opinion, giving RDM a magic ranged DPS was a huge mistake. Should've always been magic melee DPS. And no, in an offline game in FF5 where you can "subjob" class abilities, dualcast can be used with any kind of magic, even the Mystic Knight swordmagic. It doesn't make casting magic the defining feature. Anyhow, anything that gives FFXIV RDM more positive melee output is a plus in my book.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Artemis Flower
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Personally I’d love if all the ver elemental skills got upgraded to a flowery visual instead. Fire roses, wind roses, lighting roses and earth roses..

Then a teleport strike skill where the red mage teleports around the target doing multiple strikes. If there is more than one enemy it would teleport to multiple enemies spreading the damage
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Lumen Stargazer
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    What I want for a Lv. 90 RDM
    1.) Moulinet skill upgrade. Visuals for it are a bit boring especially for a melee AOE finisher.
    2.) An Assize type instant ogcd ability. Would be a good way to give them dps and healing while on the move. I think it fits the RDM theme of half whm and blm.
    3.) A way for RDM to benefit from supplementary healing/raising/support, when you provide support you get a temporary dps boost, or some type of bonus so that RDM support isnt considered a 100% dps loss.
    (2)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    I had an idea for conditional upgrades to skills based on whether you have too much white or black mana (indicated by the colour of the diamond at the end of the gauge)

Vercure, changes to...
    White: Vermedica - Bestows a 50 potency regen on target and party members within range for 15s. Cost: 5 White mana.
    Black: Vermanaward - Reduces targets damage received by 20% for 15s. Cost: 5 Black mana.

Enchanted Reprise, changes to...
    White: Umbral Reprise: Costs 7 White mana and no Black mana. Has a 25% chance of proccing Verfire.
    Black: Astral Reprise: Costs 7 Black mana and no White mana. Has a 25% chance of proccing Verstone.

These would only be available with significantly unbalanced mana, so typically just after a burst phase after getting the 20 from Verholy/flare and the respective stone/fire proc.
    (0)
    Last edited by Seraphor; 02-23-2021 at 08:56 PM.

Player
    Character
    Tuya Bayaqud
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 52
    You can bet your rear that RDM will get an aoe Moulinet combo finisher and thats would be the most we will get as new skills for the expansion. Oh and Embolden change or trait upgrade, when it should have been changed ages ago...

I realy love RDM but i have really low expectations of not getting "more of the same"
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hugo Narigo
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    Veraero>Verholy
    VerThunder>VerFlare
    Jolt>Scorch

Im guessing our new finisher will be
    VerFire> VerDespair or VerStone>VerGlare?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arlo Nine-tails
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    I'm just getting back to RDM and really thought about how well rounded RDM kit is. Pretty much like BLM... I hardly see where it can "expand" to without overcomplicating what already works fine. Maybe the melee phase is due to be better developed? I would love to spend more time in that phase, even if it would mean that would be slightly more infrequent than it is now.

Other than that, I'd love to see more niche utility tools added. Like a Verhaste (shorter sprint buff), or a Vercure2 (AoE heal).
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Kalaam Nozalys
    World
    Phantom
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Yeah other than straight upgrade to existing spells (VerThunder 3 etc, VerThunder2 into VerIce and VerAero2 into VerStone), making the finishers works in AoE after 4 Moulinets etc... I don't see much. I'd like the melee part to be expanded upon, but making it too long would create issues especially in high end raids where a mechanic could easily force you to get away since melee isn't supposed to be your spot.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arlo Nine-tails
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalaam View Post
    Yeah other than straight upgrade to existing spells (VerThunder 3 etc, VerThunder2 into VerIce and VerAero2 into VerStone), making the finishers works in AoE after 4 Moulinets etc... I don't see much. I'd like the melee part to be expanded upon, but making it too long would create issues especially in high end raids where a mechanic could easily force you to get away since melee isn't supposed to be your spot.
    Just like with BLM... There's gonna be a point where they'll have to just rework a job even if it's doing well, if they want to add new toys to it... While it's nice to have a stable playstyle, it's not feasible to add even more distinct rotations of new spells as new buttons that just keep accumulating. As a keyboard user, I think it's difficult to have way too many rotational keybinds (not situational ones) - can't imagine how a controller player might feel.

But then, there's still the route that I've seen people here suggest: Something that alters the functionality of keys we already have.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Arlo Nine-tails
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Also... One thing I would really love is making Enchanted Reprise consume just the highest mana you have. Would be nice as a tool to balance out mana mistakes as well.
    (2)

Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast