Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Tatami Astrum
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Astrologian Lv 90
    I don't think that Blu is the issue. Its the players. People leaving fates before its even close to ending and letting others finish it for them is beyond rude imo, and yeah if they then unload all they're blu primal skills on the next fate so its done before the previous is finished you're going to upset some people.. Everyone says this community is so nice <3 but when it comes to open world stuff its far from nice..
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vortuna Solaris
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    When the BLUs are gone, all that's left is a long and boring fate grind, level sync is annoying, fate mobs spawning only in duos or trios when solo, not to mention some of the fate mobs take ages to go down.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Liam Harper
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Have to admit I agree BLU is an issue.

The biggest problem is that BLU wasn't designed for large scale community FATES. It was designed to mess around with them as dead content and solo. I've witnessed on plenty of occasions 2 BLU's simply delete a boss within 2 GcD's and tagging just doesn't work, you get bronze and no medal. If they're not in your group or refuse to group you're out of luck.

However you look at it, this is intended to be multiplayer content and having 1 player able to wipe a FATE before others can even land a hit isn't good design.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Exceeding Maxcuteness
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 54
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    Have to admit I agree the name Jalin is an issue.

The biggest problem is that Jalin wasn't designed for large scale community NAMES. It was designed to mess around with them as dead content and solo. I've witnessed on plenty of occasions 2 Jalin's simply delete a boss within 2 GcD's and tagging just doesn't work, you get bronze and no medal. If they're not in your group or refuse to group you're out of luck.

However you look at it, this is intended to be multiplayer content and having 1 Jalin able to wipe a FATE before others can even land a hit isn't good design.
    ^^^^ this right here
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Sousui Seki
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    I'll still complain on this... it is hard to get golds when blues melt fates. This is broken and the fact that square has not done much about it is probably why we have the noted problem in bozja, the group of devs that handle fates don't f-ing care. This dev group is the lasiest bunch of programmers who have the most issue prone part of the game for many many years. Problems with fates not being scaled properly and either being to easy or too hard has been a problem since day one and still exist, and fates that award silvers even though you did a good amount of damage vs your job, fates are just a constantly broken part of the game.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecile Cosima
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Liam_Harper View Post
    BLU wasn't designed for large scale community FATES. It was designed to mess around with them as dead content and solo.
    Can you please point me to SE saying this is what BLU is for? Seems odd that there would be BLU specific achievements for clearing raids too if it's just designed to mess around with?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Proxers View Post
    Can you please point me to SE saying this is what BLU is for? Seems odd that there would be BLU specific achievements for clearing raids too if it's just designed to mess around with?
    Some players consider those dead content because they don't offer current end game progression and were likely farmed out by the player when they were current. A player like that could easily consider it as "just messing around".

We can safely say that the one thing BLU was not intended to be doing is FATEs. If SE wanted BLU to do them, they would have left the XP bonus in place for at least the FATE creature kills if not also the XP for completing the FATE.

I imagine it would be a pretty big task for them to go back and alter each NM in a FATE to be immune to BLU abilities while not affecting attacks from other players (especially since they would have to alter all of them each time new BLU abilities were added).

Possible solutions I can think of (and which might still have ways to exploit):

Have FATEs in general have their fields of effect apply a silence or damage down debuff specific to BLU (if there's no need to sync, the BLU may still be able to stand at the very edge of the field to attack without being affected). They could still participate but would be unable to negate effort from other players not using BLU.

Program FATEs so BLU receives no reward of any sort. Being on the enmity table should prevent the BLU from being able to unsync and switch jobs at the last moment to get reward. If someone persists in using BLU for the FATE, it could fall under section 3.2 of the TOS because there would be no reason to use BLU except to disrupt it for others.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cecile Cosima
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    We can safely say that the one thing BLU was not intended to be doing is FATEs. If SE wanted BLU to do them, they would have left the XP bonus in place for at least the FATE creature kills if not also the XP for completing the FATE.
    When BLU came out a lot of people were doing FATEs to level the job unless they didn't use the class change exploit. If SE didn't want BLU to do FATEs they would simply have given them the same treatment as DoL or DoH classes.
    And if you think BLU is good for dead content, it would fit FATE content anyway as no one does that content anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Have FATEs in general have their fields of effect apply a silence or damage down debuff specific to BLU
    So how would you even level the job even? Force them not to follow your little FATE train that bloats the whole zone's FATEs to a point it takes 5 minutes to finish them with 30 people and instead make them kill mobs in a zone?

If this was the case, you people would be crying that BLUs are stealing your overworld mobs you have to kill for crafting mats and then you'd demand SE to make BLU have a massive disadvantage on damage against those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mr Magic
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    It didn't take me long to level BLU solo and get the key skills for doing FATEs. I put it off for a while and should have done it sooner. I look at BLU as a tool to get FATE farms done much faster and it's accessible to everyone. I hate doing FATE farming so I am grateful for BLU and don't want to see them nerfed. Instant kill bosses doesn't work past ARR so that's good.

That being said, if I see a non BLU join, I often switch to single target or if the FATE is half finished when they join I will stand there to make sure they get contribution. Only works off peak though because if there are multiple BLUs you gotta go fast.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ursa Nightrain
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I truly understand your gripe. However FATES? Are not fun. It is some of the most boring, frustrating faceroll content of the game. The only thing that makes it fun, for me anyway, is using BLU. But I'm not the person two-shotting the boss either (unless I'm alone).

I have an idea what goes into getting the participation medals and it is slightly different for each role. The best role for gold medals is, and continues to be, tank. You want gold? Bring a tank. Get and much aggro as you can on mobs or the boss or whatever. You don't even have to kill it. Healers? Spam aoe heals on as many people participating in the fate as possible. Only DPS has to worry about damage as their participation.

There's a BLU spell called Ultravibration that insta-kills anything thats frozen. That's probably where a lot of griefing is coming in. That and Missle for the bosses. It's annoying, yes, but the initial few days of an event are always like this. I can only hope this makes SE stop depending on fates so much for event content.

There are always a-holes trying to get thru the event as quickly as possible and BLU is just a tool they are using. Its not the fault of the job. This is the kind of content that BLU actually excels at--its just that people are exploiting it as they would any other job that would get the job done faster.
    (0)

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast