Player
    Character
    Auriana Redsteele
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 82
    Quote Originally Posted by Communion View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. I expected all of this fanboy nonsense when I posted my query. NOW I also find out that the ENTIRE Crystal Tower quest line, including THREE raids, needs to be absolutely completed before proceeding. I'm not sure if you boys realize this, but there are many older players out there (I know, a shock) that have jobs and kids and a myriad of life responsibility other than spending hours waiting for and participating in raids just to experience the story line (seriously... MrHappy, Meoni, Work to Game, Desperius, Lynx and the rest -- none of whom look like they have girlfriends aggroing them let only wives or kids). So, poo-poo me if you must, but I'm pretty much giving up on MSQ in FFXIV. Maybe when I'm MUCH older and retired and home bound.

Note: Just finishing 5.0 Shadowbringers was a Herculean task using strategies like waiting until EVERYONE was asleep to sneak in play time. I had to watch a lot of the cutscenes later on YouTube to fully enjoy the story as I simply didn't have the sit down time for it originally.
    There are a whole lot of dungeons you need to complete to get through the MSQ. Most of them will take longer than each of the Crystal tower raids. So seriously, what is the big problem with adding three more mandatory dungeons to the dozens of mandatory dungeons that are already there?
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Bun Fisha
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 57
    Soooo you have job and family like almost every other adult here... but you are the only one who doesn't have 20 minutes to do a raid? Welll... you're doing something wrong.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Hashmael Lightswain
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Mate if you find the story-required content to be daunting, you may want to try an easier game. Maybe something with a "just give me the story" difficulty option.
    You need to work on your reading comprehension.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Hasrat View Post
    You need to work on your reading comprehension.
    It would seem I misunderstood (dyslexic, you see), but you don't need to be so rude about it. It's not hard to say "oh no, I think you misunderstood me, [rephrased and reiterated original statement]". Seriously.

What I said still remains true, regardless of who I direct it at, though. OP also seems to think the Crystal Tower raids shouldn't be mandatory because they're 'raids' and raids are scary.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player
    Character
    Baradaeg Ryssbhirwyn
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Communion View Post
    Yes, yes, yes. I expected all of this fanboy nonsense when I posted my query. NOW I also find out that the ENTIRE Crystal Tower quest line, including THREE raids, needs to be absolutely completed before proceeding. I'm not sure if you boys realize this, but there are many older players out there (I know, a shock) that have jobs and kids and a myriad of life responsibility other than spending hours waiting for and participating in raids just to experience the story line (seriously... MrHappy, Meoni, Work to Game, Desperius, Lynx and the rest -- none of whom look like they have girlfriends aggroing them let only wives or kids). So, poo-poo me if you must, but I'm pretty much giving up on MSQ in FFXIV. Maybe when I'm MUCH older and retired and home bound.

Note: Just finishing 5.0 Shadowbringers was a Herculean task using strategies like waiting until EVERYONE was asleep to sneak in play time. I had to watch a lot of the cutscenes later on YouTube to fully enjoy the story as I simply didn't have the sit down time for it originally.
    It's just as long and hard as a normal dungeon just with more players in it.
    Also if you don't have enough time for that you should maybe think about changing to a game that is less of a timesink then a MMO.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Frizze Steeleblaze
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Demoniun View Post
    Not if i don't give a shit about story and play for other things like raid and i've to do MSQ to unlock them.
    So... good news? If you only care about the savage and/or ultimate tier of raids, then you dont have to do any more MSQ for quite awhile. There is no raid for you this patch. So obviously you dont have to do anything at all. When the next patch comes in(probly) december, youll get a new raid tier to end the eden series. But this is side story, so still no MSQ required. Then next spring(apr?) youll get a new ultimate, provided you managed to clear E12(S). Also no MSQ required. Then next summer(aug?) there will likely be a 6.0 expansion. Theyll launch the next savage series a week or two after that. THAT will be the next time you will be required to do any MSQ. Smash through 5.3 5.4 5.5 5.55 and 6.0 in those 2 weeks, then youll buy yourself another 2 years of not needing to do any story.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Tinker Rikaru
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 80
    Fairly new player to FF14. When I saw this requirement I was like "ugh. annoying."
    I'm used to other games where raids
    • needed a regular organized group
    • had many complicated mechanics requiring reading guides and other prep
    • required hours of time every night
    • required many sessions to finish
    • and clearly this was old content so who would want to run it?
    I didn't bother looking twice at it, until I **HAD** to do it to finish ARR.

I used Duty Finder and signed up.
    • The groups filled up fast, lots of people running it!
    • All 3 raids were easy.
    • 99% of Mechanics were don't stand in sh!t, kill adds ASAP, follow everyone else and do what they were doing.
    • Finished in 20 minutes
    Most dungeons are more complicated.

It was really easy to get done. I think I came away with a minion from it.
    (11)

Player
    Character
    Coriander Silverflame
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmetOtter View Post
    Most dungeons are more complicated.

It was really easy to get done. I think I came away with a minion from it.
    This is exactly right. At this point, due to gear power creep, the Crystal Tower 24p raids are not any harder than the average dungeon, so think of them as 24p dungeons rather than "raids" when you queue for them in DF.

That being said, I have seen some mistakes and near wipes recently, so the entire alliance cannot completely ignore all mechanics.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by EmmetOtter View Post
    Fairly new player to FF14. When I saw this requirement I was like "ugh. annoying."
    I'm used to other games where raids
    • needed a regular organized group
    • had many complicated mechanics requiring reading guides and other prep
    • required hours of time every night
    • required many sessions to finish
    • and clearly this was old content so who would want to run it?
    Generally only Savage raids, and to a lesser extent Extreme trials, really fit your idea of what raids are. Alliance raids and Normal raids (which each raid series has starting with Heavensward) are meant to be played and beaten blind with pugs. Savage raids (and Ultimates after them, though there are only 3 ultimate fights right now) are the game's hardcore fights, and generally only the current ones get run outside of specific party finders for older raids. And Extreme is the middle ground between savage and the rest of the content. More in depth and lethal than story content, but less complex and lethal than savage.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Lala Felon
    World
    Zurvan
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Avenger View Post
    This is exactly right. At this point, due to gear power creep, the Crystal Tower 24p raids are not any harder than the average dungeon, so think of them as 24p dungeons rather than "raids" when you queue for them in DF.
    Being that HW and Ishgard looks like it is now gated behind this raid (is that correct because we did get a red MSQ marker with "you must do crystal tower"), does that also count for an average level 50 player in level 90 gear?

I don't mind following along it, I fear my friend, who I introduced to MMOs with this game, and who is barely aware of a rotation, might be overwhelmed.

At this point, I'd just like to get into Ishgard.
    (0)
    やはり、お前は……笑顔が……イイ

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast