Player
    Character
    King Undercroft
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

Wont let me play a certain player

Every time I try to play King Undercroft on one of my computers I get kicked out of the game. I get the error message "That an unexpected error as occurred. The game will now shut down. 16a"
    The thing is that I own two computers and I can play King Undercroft on one of the computers but I cannot play him on the other computer.
    Now my question is what does 16a mean everytime i look through the support page for that error code it has nothing. If I knew what that error code meant i could probably fix it.
    All I want is to play that toon on both computers i own without any problems.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Khit Amariyo
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Not Square-Enix support here, but... given that it's only one computer that has this problem, I wonder if something's corrupted in the local data for that character.

To test that theory, on the computer that's affected, you might want to try temporarily renaming the "{Documents}\My Games\FINAL FANTASY XIV - A Realm Reborn" directory to something else and then running the game. Downside is you'll lose your HUD customizations and hotbars (unless you have them stored on the servers to download again), but if it is the local character data then things should work to let you log in s King Undercroft.

(And if you can load in that way, you can always upload the hotbars, gearset, and HUD configuration from the working computer and download it on the non-working one.)
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Packetdancer
    The healer main's struggle for pants is both real, and unending. Be strong, sister. #GiveUsMorePants2k20 #HealersNotRevealers #RandomOtherSleepDeprivedHashtagsHere
    I aim to make my posts engaging and entertaining, even when you might not agree with me. And failing that, I'll just be very, VERY wordy.

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

If this is only happening with one character on one device, you may want to try removing locally-saved data folder (located My Documents > My Games > Final Fantasy XIV). Be sure to make a backup of this just in case it doesn't resolve the issue.

If this does not work, you can also try a reinstallation of the game.

We hope we can be of assistance in helping you enjoy the exciting world of Final Fantasy XIV!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    King Undercroft
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Thank you for the help it did work I was able to get back into my character on that one computer
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for the reply

I am glad that are you are no longer experiencing this issue. If you have any more questions or concerns, please post again in the technical support forums.

This thread will be moved to "Support Center Resolved"
    (0)