Character
    Kay Radley
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90

Do we even need a Housing forum anymore?

At this point, there are no new discussions. All there is is repeats of the same handful of threads:

-Begging for more wards
    -Complaining about bots
    -Complaining about the timer
    -Begging for instanced housing (We already have, it's called "apartments")
    -The twinky defense ("The housing system is making people sacrifice their health")
    -General complaints towards the dev team.

There is no more meaningful discussion in this forum. Only the same crap ad infinitum.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRadley View Post
    At this point, there are no new discussions. All there is is repeats of the same handful of threads:

-Begging for more wards
    -Complaining about bots
    -Complaining about the timer
    -Begging for instanced housing (We already have, it's called "apartments")
    -The twinky defense ("The housing system is making people sacrifice their health")
    -General complaints towards the dev team.

There is no more meaningful discussion in this forum. Only the same crap ad infinitum.
    Why are you making a thread to post a meaningless complaint about things that are meaningless in your opinion?

The forum serves as a place for housing feedback and discussion to get separated out from other feedback and discussion, just like all the other subforums are there to separate out feedback and discussion on their subject.

If those are the topics that continue to be discussed, then those are issues that posters feel need the most attention. That's useful information to SE even if you don't care.
    (12)

Player
    Character
    Lele Apex
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 53
    This post frankly, is equal to "dear diary".

Cool you think it useless but who is this helping? I don't necessarily post much in here but it's interesting to read peoples ideas, even if I often disagree to most of them but I don't believe in taken away a place for people to vent their frustrations or post ideas for the community teams.
    (4)
    ----------------------------------------------------------
    Iosefka's Nexus <LAZY> - Zodiark server, Light DC
    https://www.lazyfc.com

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Removing this forum won't make these threads and posts go away. They would just end up in the General forum instead. There's already some posts about housing there. At least this way if you don't like the sort of content here you can mostly and easily avoid it by simply not coming here.

And yes I understand why a person would dislike what is being discussed here but this is what happens when a huge amount of players that are interested in housing encounter problems due to what is frankly bad planning and decision making by SE.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Why are you making a thread to post a meaningless complaint about things that are meaningless in your opinion?
    The irony is amusing. I'll give this thread that much.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    The forum serves as a place for housing feedback and discussion to get separated out from other feedback and discussion, just like all the other subforums are there to separate out feedback and discussion on their subject.

If those are the topics that continue to be discussed, then those are issues that posters feel need the most attention. That's useful information to SE even if you don't care.
    /thread
    (1)
    Last edited by Penthea; 08-05-2020 at 07:17 PM. Reason: rephrasing

Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Well maybe if Squeenix would actually address the problem...
    (3)

Character
    Gozonga Bijlomango
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 70
    Literally the same 5-10 people drive every thread with the same arguments and the same never ending exchanges which lead to no solution.
    The housing thread is literally run by 10 people + anyone who is really frustrated about not having access to a house in this very moment in time. Once those people get a house, they disappear because they don't actually care about housing. They only care about if they have a house or not.

There are thousands of players but 5-10 players and occasional randoms seem to think they speak for the entire majority. Maybe, just maybe, it means not that many people actually care about housing and that should tell you why there is seemingly no action from SE. Because it's not an actual problem truly affecting a large enough base of players.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Nettle Creidne
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by PewPewPewPewPew View Post
    Literally the same 5-10 people drive every thread with the same arguments and the same never ending exchanges which lead to no solution.
    Despite being one of these people I have to agree. However you have to admit it's not the same 5-10 people creating the threads where these sometimes heated debates begin. While repetition gets dull it's not the same handful of players who keep making the same issues resurface. But they are often those who keep said threads alive.

The housing thread is literally run by 10 people + anyone who is really frustrated about not having access to a house in this very moment in time. Once those people get a house, they disappear because they don't actually care about housing. They only care about if they have a house or not.
    Hmmm well I'm certainly not part of the latter group. I've had my house for three and a half years now. I'm active here with my repeated statements because I have never forgotten what it's like to want a house so badly, have the cash for it but still be unable to get one. I don't want anyone else to feel the way I did and sadly years later they still do.

There are thousands of players but 5-10 players and occasional randoms seem to think they speak for the entire majority. Maybe, just maybe, it means not that many people actually care about housing and that should tell you why there is seemingly no action from SE. Because it's not an actual problem truly affecting a large enough base of players.
    I think this is due to the nature of the content.

You're correct that for a lot of players when they get their house they and their criticisms disappear from this forum. I've even seen a player here who started a thread complaining about not being able to get a house, and then after a few pages they essentially said "oh well I got my house so I guess I'll stop complaining about the system now" as if anything about the system itself somehow improved or changed just because they got their house, lol. And it's not just housing I have seen this sort of attitude. I've seen it over and over again from players who complain about being unable to get a rare item or asset in this game and others. Tale as old as time.

Going back to the nature of the content, when you get your house...well the majority of the problems with the system do not personally affect you anymore. This is quite different to other topics with heated and repeated debates like things relating to Duty Finder. You don't use Duty Finder to complete a dungeon only once and then that's it no more Duty Finder ever again. Most players use that feature at least several times a week, so they're highly likely to experience whatever their grievances are again and again and again. The main problems with housing are availability and methods of acquisition. The actual housing content itself...is really good! Never mind how what someone else does with their house can rarely affect your personal experience with doing stuff with your own house. Whereas in Duty Finder how someone else plays can easily heavily impact the quality of your experience in that content.

And well of course the truth is for gaming forums in general a minority of the overall game population post there. Even in the General forums, where basically almost any topic relating to the game can be discussed, I constantly see familiar names. So in a very niche topic like housing you see familiar names far more often.

I am also tired of the repetition in housing discussions but because SE are so slow to change anything about the system this means that the discussions don't really get to evolve. The state of the content stays stuck in the exact same state for literally years at a time. When we do get updates it's almost always just new furniture and maybe some new seeds for gardening. Not changes to the system itself.

So really there's not much we can change about this. Sure the regulars here could decide to just stop posting but that isn't going to stop the same sort of threads popping up because for the most part they're not even creating those threads.

Anyway this thread is pretty pointless. It's essentially complaining that the threads and comments don't change when it's about a game feature that rarely gets changes. If people are truly exasperated with what they see here they can just stop coming to this section of the forums.
    (1)
    Last edited by Penthea; 08-06-2020 at 06:07 AM.