Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Nyr Ardyne
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I find it pretty rare that I can't comm someone before the party is all gone unless I'm doing a duty for the first time and I'm watching the end of duty cutscene.

Though I personally don't really care about receiving comms and only care about giving them when I want the weekly challenge log bonus when leveling alts.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jin Wa
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MsMisato View Post
    Don't think it's about being nice, personally I just think people genuinely just want to burn through and move on to their next roulette.
    I disagree. I see quick leavers only in the 80lvl roulette. I get many just by being nice and I give mine for nice people as well.

Like after Praetorium wishing people a good rest of the day nets you 1-4 often enough
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jennah Arhtima
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    Barring the *very* few runs where actual mentoring or humor takes place, the person most deserving of the comm is the person who made the duty finish fastest.
    So of course they're also the first to leave.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Sabrenn Zaeis
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    I leave fast on purpose so that other people can get comms as I already have all achievements and whatnot that require x amount of comms. If you see me and give me a commend, I appreciate it but I'm not going to benefit from it so... yeah.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gunnar Mel'nik
    World
    Diabolos
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Commendations aren't just to get rewards, those are just bonuses. Commendations are supposed to be for you to -- you guessed it -- commend players that you think performed well. I appreciate getting commendations at the end of a duty, not because I want rewards associated with them, but because it feels nice to be appreciated.
    (1)
    Last edited by Doozer; 08-06-2020 at 02:40 PM. Reason: I'm dyslexic and love to make typos lol
    Quote Originally Posted by HikariKurosawa View Post
    Mr "my vision isn't 20:20 I have a disability"
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnmaat View Post
    Excuse me, I'm on my phone in the great outdoors doozer; with a name like that I wouldn't even be correcting anyone's grammar.

Player

I leave quickly with the intention to avoid getting a commendation.

I also no longer give commendations unless someone is not only proficient at their job, but also knows how to say more than:

o/
    gg
    ty

I dont feel there should be incentives (challenge log exp, mentor status) behind commendations. But I'm sure that is just my opinion.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Axis Sunsoar
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    I commend first and roll on loot 2nd mainly because I know there's a split second window to commend before people leave if they don't want loot. If we could commend after the dungeon is complete it would be more ideal to me.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Larek Darkholme
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Commendations aren't just to get rewards, those are just bonuses. Commendations are supposed to be for you to -- you guessed it -- commend players that you think performed well. I appreciate getting commendations at the end of a duty, not because I want rewards associated with them, but because it feels nice to be appreciated.
    Like at my work. I love when I am complimented on my work but never get a raise. Compliments alone are great and useful. Who needs a raise?
    (Don't kill me)
    (0)

Larek Darkholme @ Ragnarok

Player
    Character
    Barrie Capdevila
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 60
    It happened way too often that i carried a group and didn't get a single commend, so i kinda lost interest to see if people actually valued my presence.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kaynneth Menad
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozer View Post
    Unless you can force people to actually commend good players, instead of "I like her glamour" or "He said funny things in chat", then what commendations are for is irrelevant.
    (0)

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 LastLast