Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Oraina Fhey
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    What is with the forums and wanting to kill off the Scions lately? This is like the 4th or 5th thread I've seen like this.
    (17)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrerus View Post
    It's kinda funny to me that she's the one who cast the Flow spell, caught in the Lifestream for a longer period of time, and is using Aether to see... yet Thancred is the one who was more affected.
    Thancred has aether issues going back to Lahabrea possessing him in ARR. Flow just multiplied the problems.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Rawon Special
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    killing yshtola can be a bad things outside the game for several reason but mainly for that reason. like other said, she is (right now) is the "waifu" face for FF14, and also used for exclusive character for collab event in other games (with thancred)

if she die,it will be awkward to put her as exclusive character for other games collab, at this point i cant think ANY who can replace her for that position.

- Yda? after she become "lyse" she is pretty much didnt exist in the game.

- Krile? Tataru? might garner some problem regarding "age" and "loli" topic from those aggressive journalist/sjw

- Ryne? same reason as krile and tataru.

- Alisae? with her look 100% copycat with alpinaud, people just going to make fun of them if she end up as "cover girl"

the only way i can see this change (if it ever change that is) is Ryne growing up in the future storyline, become more older (more proper waifu), then story wise yshtola is retiring to sideline npc (raubhan, kaneseena, etc)

and for bonus just throw grown up Gaia too, together a black and white theme waifu is pretty deadly i say.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Elja Djt-dvre
    World
    Sagittarius
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MaethusXion View Post
    Technically she SHOULD have a ticking clock right now. I mean, even faster than normal people. It's specifically mentioned during one of the HW MSQs (3.1-3.3 iirc) that she's using her own life force to "see". They could just as easily give Krile or one of the twins a promotion.
    As far as I remember the quest did state that her time will end faster, but it didn't state how much faster. People in Eorzea, biologically, are pretty much capable to live just as long as people in our real life world, up to 100 years old and maybe even a bit longer. That said, maybe Y'shtola life span now is shortened to 70 at max out of those potential 100, or maybe at 50. We honestly won't know until the very moment she dies, which may or may not happen, depending on what guys in SE will decide to do.

As for the whole "which one you want to see being killed" - none. I don't like deaths for the sake of death, and the longer characters I like are there, the happier I am.
    (8)
    Last edited by Halivel; 08-04-2020 at 07:45 PM.

Player
    Character
    Rinn Aster
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    She was my favorite character, but I stopped caring after ShB, for me she died in Rak'tika.
    This is purely emotional of course.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMollusk View Post
    Thancred has aether issues going back to Lahabrea possessing him in ARR. Flow just multiplied the problems.
    Yeah, it's still weird though. Flow actually worked for him. He didn't stay in the Lifestream for more than however long it took to wind up in the Dravanian Forelands. Y'shtola comes back stronger than ever, supposedly burning up her life for the strengths, physically blind but able to see via aether. Then she does that super holy thingie to the Illuminati. She tells you, "One does not merely drift in the Lifestream. It's a constant struggle to hold onto your very essence. It has hardened me in ways I can ill explain." Then there's the whole matter of how they directly state you are reduced to your constituent aether while in the Lifestream, but the Padjali not only pulled her out, they got her body back too... Not so much an issue at the time, but her getting pulled out a second time in SHB where she's not actually a physical body... why isn't she back in a second physical body? It's got that problem of, "Don't think too hard about this." And despite supposedly being burning herself up, she never shows fatigue. If she hadn't had that moment in Stormblood where Zenos cuts her, and then she actually has to recuperate, I'd be even more on board with SE killing her off.

And take note, she's my first Scion encounter since I started in Limsa in 2.0. I actually don't hate her or anything. I just think that if they're going to write her to be burning the candle of life at both ends all the time that it should show up in her character more than it does. Which it basically shows up none.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Iyami Galvayra
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    We don't actually know how long Thancred was lost in the Lifestream, but given that we don't see him the first time we go through the Forelands and kill Ravana, I think it's safe to say he wasn't out for very long before we meet up again. He tells us that he followed the stories of a primal knowing the WoL would show up, so there's no reason to assume he just took a time out on the first one. Of course, this is getting into the whole "time bubble" issue the game has as a whole where we're still perpetually five years or so after the Calamity despite how much time has actually passed in the real world....
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMightyMollusk View Post
    We don't actually know how long Thancred was lost in the Lifestream, but given that we don't see him the first time we go through the Forelands and kill Ravana, I think it's safe to say he wasn't out for very long before we meet up again. He tells us that he followed the stories of a primal knowing the WoL would show up, so there's no reason to assume he just took a time out on the first one. Of course, this is getting into the whole "time bubble" issue the game has as a whole where we're still perpetually five years or so after the Calamity despite how much time has actually passed in the real world....
    Yeah, the wishy washy time bubble is the most annoying thing about the plot honestly. One of the House Fortemps guards that tells you go eat dinner with Aymeric claims that it has been literal, "Moons" since the events of HW MSQ ending. That implies some months at least, not for Thancred, but I mean, if months pass between 3.0 and 3.4 then like... months gotta be passing between 2.55 and 3.1. Same thing with the time feeling/quotes for coming back from the Far East after liberating Doma.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Midi Ajihri
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    The thing about Y'shtola in regards to "using up her life energy to see" is that she is already immortal from an aging standpoint so we don't know how that affects her. All of the Archons, those you see with the "R" tattoo, cannot age anymore . I thought this would be another detail lost between 1.0 and ARR, but it's even mentioned in the lore book that her clock is stopped.

Other than that, I don't think the game would kill her for real anymore since she's already almost died so many times that I don't think it would have the same emotional impact anymore.
    1.0 - The ship she was on was attacked by the sea serpent and all we see is an enormous wave about to crash into her and her boat before she sends us away alone in the nick of time.
    ARR - Teleported into the lifestream.
    SB - Slashed by Zenos and required immediate healing and was down for the count the rest of the expansion.
    ShB 1 - Last seen falling down an endless pit before it turns out that she did her lifestream trick again and had to be rescued by Emet-Selch.
    ShB 2 - Struck down by Emet-Selch along with the other Scions.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Light Khah
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by MaethusXion View Post
    Technically she SHOULD have a ticking clock right now. I mean, even faster than normal people. It's specifically mentioned during one of the HW MSQs (3.1-3.3 iirc) that she's using her own life force to "see". They could just as easily give Krile or one of the twins a promotion.
    She should but sadly using her life force wont mean much if SE wants to keep her alive. They can just say that instead of living 70 years she will now die when she is 60 or something. (And since we barely even move the time bubble, I doubt it would become a problem for her). Of course this all could change if they wanted her death..in the end I am not a fan of their solution..it creates a harmless way to show that the character might one day be dieing as a consequence but since we saw through her eyes while playing her..right now there is no outright consequence unlike the one Thancred has.

So about OP: Honestly Ysthola would be one scion that could die. She got so many fake deaths already that its kinda getting annoying to see her alive and well. But of course only death if it makes sense..not just for the sake of it.

Quote Originally Posted by MikkoAkure View Post
    The thing about Y'shtola in regards to "using up her life energy to see" is that she is already immortal from an aging standpoint so we don't know how that affects her. All of the Archons, those you see with the "R" tattoo, cannot age anymore . I thought this would be another detail lost between 1.0 and ARR, but it's even mentioned in the lore book that her clock is stopped.
    Wasnt this more about them using magic on them to look younger? Which is the reason why Thancred does look older after we see him again because unlike before he cant change his appearance anymore with his aether.

I am curious, could you post the sentence from the lore book where its stated that they can never truly age?
    (2)
    Last edited by Alleo; 08-04-2020 at 11:55 PM.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast