Player
    Character
    Zozyl Zuzyl
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 38

Quality of Life Request - Option to Disable Personal Auras

Newer player enjoying the game a lot, but I just hit 35 as Warrior and the Beast Gauge aura really bothers me. I like to take my time in the world, just appreciating the scenery and the look of my armor. Having an orange tornado swirling around me really interferes with that.

The best solution I've found is to switch classes and switch back to empty the beast gauge, but despite this interfering with gameplay (by setting my health lower and emptying my resource pool) its just tedious having to do it every time I fight an enemy.

To clarify, I'm not asking for these auras to be disabled by default, or even disabled out of combat, as I'm sure there are people who enjoy standing around with a swirly aura around them. I just want an option to toggle it off. Thank you for reading my extremely specific gripe
    (3)
    Last edited by SwolezilZozyl; 08-02-2020 at 11:44 AM. Reason: forgot to add tags

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    I agree, but did we really need another thread about this?
    You literally just posted about this in
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...threads/420695
    And
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...05#post5393105
    I'm not sure I understand what you're hoping to accomplish in this new thread that you couldn't have done in either of those.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Zozyl Zuzyl
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 38
    Both those threads were in tank roles, and I thought the issue fit better into user interface.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by ItMe View Post
    I agree, but did we really need another thread about this?
    You literally just posted about this in
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...threads/420695
    And
    https://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/...05#post5393105
    I'm not sure I understand what you're hoping to accomplish in this new thread that you couldn't have done in either of those.
    They have a post count of 4, 2 taken from this thread alone. Everyone makes mistakes and they are visibly new to the forums.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

y'all are kinda dumb tbh

Player
    Character
    Cledwyn Llywellyn
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 80
    I would like there to be an option to disable BLM’s fire/ice orb effects too. It looks a big silly to always have these orbs floating around you and kind of detracts from what the real focus should be; the massive explosions!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Elrica Lavandula
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    I would like this as well. During dungeons and fights in general I don't mind it as much, but during quests or other stuff the effects are really annoying. Right now, I'm changing classes between battles to reset the gauge to get rid of the effect, but well, it resets the gauge and that's stupid.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mei Coincounter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    This is one of those graphics that has kind of lost what little meaning it had. It might be more helpful if it had distinct energy based on your Beast Gauge (so it's way more pronounced at higher amounts), but alas, it's rather empty in intent and serves no meaningful purpose. We would be better off without it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Esmoire; 08-04-2020 at 01:07 PM.