Player
    Character
    Honey Hole
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    I agree that it wasn't all that cutthroat but part of that was because SE told players there would be additional seasons for other players to get a chance to earn the titles.

With Expert being new, many decided to take their time getting used to it and go for their title at a later date.

Imagine what things would have been like if we were told upfront that would be our only chance to get those titles.
    Ya, I get that. I guess we'll find out this time how much the competitive impact is.
    Part of what I was trying to say that there's still a lot room in terms of "necessity to no-life" but maybe I said it poorly.
    I'm a bit curious to see if the same classes will be as popular, or if ppl will try to shift to the less popular ones in P1 to get a leg up.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Pocky Pockie
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Botanist Lv 90
    I just dislike it very much that i worked fror weeks and stressed the rankings to a title that get's outdated in few months...
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Inigo Meowtoya
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Worked my ass off to get #6 in Goldsmithing. The idea of doing it all over again is unappealing to say the least. Especially, with the bot problem. I'll probably just bail and play either Cyberpunk if it's out or another game in my backlog instead.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I hit #3 culinarian on my server with the belief that I'd have to no life it once and that would be it. Now I don't know if I have the heart to do it again, especially when I'm trying to balance other games with FFXIV. Hate how SE went back on their plans and introduced a new title because I'm going to feel compelled to spend 8 hours a day crafting expert recipes again.
    (4)
    Last edited by Ryaz; 08-13-2020 at 04:13 PM.

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    I'm getting the impression that we're not going to get any response except through the 5.31 patch notes.

Everyone's got to do what they feel is right for their own personal game experience but if they've got new titles I'm just going to ignore Expert until after the leaderboards end. A lack of participation can say a lot more to developers than upset/disappointed words in a forum accompanied by participation.

I'm not a title collector so not getting yet another title I'll never use won't bother me. I do feel sorry for those who are title collectors, though.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    King Canadane
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaz View Post
    I hit #3 culinarian on my server with the belief that I'd have to no life it once and that would be it. Now I don't know if I have the heart to do it again, especially when I'm trying to balance other games with FFXIV. Haye how SE went back on their plans and introduced a new title because I'm going to feel compelled to spend 8 hours a day crafting expert recipes again.
    The worst part is that it's not just once again.
    But every single season? Are they going to continue seasons even after The Firmament is complete? Are we to throw away our lives for 10 days every few months?
    (3)

http://king.canadane.com

Player
    Character
    Ryaz Darksbane
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 90
    I'm getting the impression that we're not going to get any response except through the 5.31 patch notes.

Everyone's got to do what they feel is right for their own personal game experience but if they've got new titles I'm just going to ignore Expert until after the leaderboards end. A lack of participation can say a lot more to developers than upset/disappointed words in a forum accompanied by participation.

I'm not a title collector so not getting yet another title I'll never use won't bother me. I do feel sorry for those who are title collectors, though.
    If they came up with a brand new title, I might have been more tempted to skip it. But they literally are calling it "Saint Ascendant" which feels like an upgrade to the base title.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryaz View Post
    If they came up with a brand new title, I might have been more tempted to skip it. But they literally are calling it "Saint Ascendant" which feels like an upgrade to the base title.
    And I'm sure that's intentional. They seem to feel that participation is lacking so they want what sounds like an upgraded title to try to lure more in.

Guess we'll see how well that works out for them.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Frank Jormungandr
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    And I'm sure that's intentional. They seem to feel that participation is lacking so they want what sounds like an upgraded title to try to lure more in.

Guess we'll see how well that works out for them.
    As someone with the saint title, I totally agree with you! I will also boycott the ranking this time with my friends in the FC.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Purpleedrose Molode
    World
    Pandaemonium
    Main Class
    Alchemist Lv 80
    I totally agree, i grind 1milllion points last time for the saint title and it was a super hard and annoying
    I wouldn't want to force to do this second time
    (1)
    Last edited by KV152; 08-19-2020 at 09:55 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast