Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Player
    Character
    Kacho Nacho
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 66
    Honestly, I don't see room for another healer in the game. Square Enix hasn't had a lot of success with our current three healers. A fourth one would make it even more difficult to please players.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirron Tulaxia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Kacho_Nacho View Post
    Honestly, I don't see room for another healer in the game. Square Enix hasn't had a lot of success with our current three healers. A fourth one would make it even more difficult to please players.
    I feel like they kind of need to figure it out then. Every other role of the five roles has had something more recently than Heavensward. Healer is due for one.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Rasler-heios Nabradia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    I know this would be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think an inventory-based job is the way to go for battles, especially for a healer. Does using potion actually have to be in the inventory, what happens then if you run out, let's say in the middle of an ultimate difficulty duty?

I think a mage-based healer would still better suit.

I like to have Geomancer in the game, whether it be a healer or a caster.
    (1)

"Is adventuring not supposed to be glorious? I thought it was supposed to be glorious." - Vath Deftarm, Dravanian Hinterlands, An Acquired Taste
    "That's a fine accomplishment lad. Young and lusty as you are, no doubt you'll achieve much and more in the years to come. I look forward to hearin' all your deeds." - Jonathas, Master of the Rolls, Old Gridania

Player
    Character
    Hayk Farsight
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Rasler_Heios View Post
    I know this would be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think an inventory-based job is the way to go for battles, especially for a healer. Does using potion actually have to be in the inventory, what happens then if you run out, let's say in the middle of an ultimate difficulty duty?
    It doesn't have to be inventory based. In FFX-2 the (Al)chemist class could use potions regardless, even if you didn't have them in your inventory. Said skills were called "Stash" skills, and were describe as such by the game's Help description, "Use a hidden item. Takes time, but no item are expended."
    (1)
    Last edited by RyuDragnier; 07-15-2020 at 10:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Kazuya Hagane
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    BRD doesn't force the player to stock arrows in their inventory. AST doesn't force the player to stock cards in their inventory. It stands to reason, then, that Chemist wouldn't force players to stock potions in their inventory.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Lynne Arkwright
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodric View Post
    BRD doesn't force the player to stock arrows in their inventory. AST doesn't force the player to stock cards in their inventory. It stands to reason, then, that Chemist wouldn't force players to stock potions in their inventory.
    Archer, and then Bard did originally. You needed stacks upon stacks of arrows.

They all got converted into gil when 2.0 released though
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Rasler-heios Nabradia
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    It doesn't have to be inventory based. In FFX-2 the (Al)chemist class could use potions regardless, even if you didn't have them in your inventory. Said skills were called "Stash" skills, and were describe as such by the game's Help description, "Use a hidden item. Takes time, but no item are expended."
    Yes, I am aware of this technique. The OP though sounded as s/he wanted it to come from the inventory.
    (0)

"Is adventuring not supposed to be glorious? I thought it was supposed to be glorious." - Vath Deftarm, Dravanian Hinterlands, An Acquired Taste
    "That's a fine accomplishment lad. Young and lusty as you are, no doubt you'll achieve much and more in the years to come. I look forward to hearin' all your deeds." - Jonathas, Master of the Rolls, Old Gridania

Player
    Character
    Basic Blake
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RyuDragnier View Post
    https://ffxiclopedia.fandom.com/wiki/Trust:_Monberaux

Another version of a Chemist healer not using inventory to heal
    (1)

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9