Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    2050 is the cap for it never escaping under normal conditions. Patience is always going to give you a reduced catch rate that gathering can't get around. Of course using the correct hookset nullifies that reduced rate, so yes if you are using Precision under patience with 2050 gathering, it will never get away.
    (0)
    Last edited by Espritduo; 07-14-2020 at 07:24 AM.

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I just tried Patience again instead of Patience II. The chance of me getting NQ Cloudcutter is actually really low. So Patience is actually enough.

I then tried to Double Hook under Patience, but my Gobbie escaped So I guess Precision is NECESSARY for Gobbie even under Patience instead of Patience II.

On the other hand, since the timer of Patience is so much faster than Patience II, it does actually give an edge if the timer runs out before my Mooch so that I can use Double Hook without Patience effect.

But because Patience's timer is so much shorter than Patience II, it's actually quite critical to let "!!" fishes escape to buy more chance for Cloudcutters.
    (0)
    Last edited by Caimie_Tsukino; 07-14-2020 at 08:14 AM.

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    So I just finished testing Patience instead of Patience II for this 1 hour session.
    I got 13 Gobbies in 1 hr 15 min... with 1 Double Mooch escaped under Patience, else would have had 1 more if I used Precision instead.
    That mean 14 Gobbies in 1 hr 15 min, i.e. 2.8 Gobbies per 15 min.
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Esprit Libre
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    Just remember that you can hold onto a mooch for as long as you like. Mooch II will wear off after about 15 seconds, but regular mooch never goes away until you do something. Once I get an HQ Cutter on the line, I just wait out the Patience timer and Double Hook the gobbie outside of patience.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Espritduo View Post
    Just remember that you can hold onto a mooch for as long as you like. Mooch II will wear off after about 15 seconds, but regular mooch never goes away until you do something. Once I get an HQ Cutter on the line, I just wait out the Patience timer and Double Hook the gobbie outside of patience.
    I did not know that! I thought Mooch goes off like Mooch II!
    Thanks for letting me know! Now that makes more sense to use Patience over Patience II then! And just wait till timer goes off to use Double Hook instead of Precision during timer!
    I shall correct the guide soon! Thanks again for explaining the details!
    (0)

“The best crafter is not the one with the best stats, but the one who makes the best use of one’s stats” – By Caimie Tsukino

Player
    Character
    Caimie Tsukino
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    There, the guide has been updated. Thanks again, Espritduo!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Its important to look at both GPs and recast timers.

Patience: Cost 200 GPs, Duration 60 seconds. Increased odds of HQ 40%. +15 base = 55%.

Patience II: Cost 560 GPs, Duration 145 seconds. Increased odds of HQ 75%%. +15 base = 90%.

If you look at the timing P II costs about 70 more GPs than Patience.

Now about those cordials...

Hi-cordial: 400 GPs recast 3 minuets.

Watered Cordial HQ: 200 GPs recast 2 m 6 s.

Cordial: 300 GPs recast 4 m.

Cordial HQ: 350 GPs recast 3 m 36 s.

I never use cordials, Only Hi-cordials and HQ Watered Cordials anymore.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Thats Not-a-tail
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 78
    Is there a guide to fishing in Diadem before lvl 80??
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkyWinks View Post
    Is there a guide to fishing in Diadem before lvl 80??
    There's really not all that much to Diadem fishing if you're just leveling.

The water areas are for leveling fishing while skyfishing is the level 80 content. Most fishers will congregate on the southwest island since it's got most of the water (including in the underground cave area). The Mender at the entrance sells the baits appropriate for use in the zone - buy the highest level bait your character can use, head for water and start fishing. Don't worry about what you're catching, just catch as much as you can. If you have leveled CUL to at least 30 and unlocked Desynthesis, you'll be able to desynthesize any appraised fish to get approved Skybuilder materials.

I definitely would recommend prioritizing Ocean Voyages for XP when they're available, then switching back to Diadem until it's time for the next voyage.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2