Player
    Character
    Mok Tousen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60

consistent Error code 90002 Please help

Hello, I recently started playing again after being gone for years and i'm loving being back. However I seem to be getting Error code 90002 at least once an hour. I have spent the past couple days trying to google it and implement fixes that have been spread through different forums but to no avail. Its really unfortunate because I just purchased the expansions and sub but if I cant get this fixed I will have to leave the game.

Here are the steps I have taken so far:
    -I have turned off my antivirus including windows defender and firewall
    -Stopped all background applications
    -Running the Launcher in Admin mode on windows 7 compatibility mode
    -Cleared out my internet explorer and implemented the settings a mod from a previous post posted to do. Even though I never use explorer, I use edge and chrome.
    -I contacted my ISP and set up port forwarding on my router to open these ports: TCP: 54992 - 54994, 55006 - 55007 and 55021 - 55040.
    I haven't had this experience with past games or mmo's I played and according to my isp there have been no drops in my service or noise in the lines.

I don't use a VPN.
    I have Xfinity internet and I'm hooked up via Ethernet cable from my router.
    My modem is: Arris surfboard SB6183 and my router is: Netgear Nighthawk R6900p
    I play on an MSI GS65 Stealth thin.
    I am located in Washington State and I play on Leviathan.
    If anyone could please help me I would greatly appreciate it.

Update: As of today i'm still getting error code 90002 however I seem to be getting allot more 90001 now instead. I had gotten 90001 at least 5 times compared to 90002 once.
    Update #2: I downloaded WTFast to see if it helped and I went 2 hours and 45 minutes with no issues then got 90001 again. Its allot better than an hour or less in between getting it but I shouldn't have to pay for a separate service to have less interruptions in order to play the game.
    No-one has reached out to help me yet. Any type of acknowledgment from support or even mods would be nice.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mok; 07-14-2020 at 03:23 PM. Reason: UPDATE

Good morning and thank you for posting in the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Where exactly do you get disconnected in game? Have any changes been made to your network settings?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mok Tousen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    Its everywhere, I have been getting disconnected at random times through the game. Both in cutscenes and dungeons as well as standing around. No changes have been made to my settings as far as I am aware. This has been happening since I started playing.
    (0)

Thank you for the reply Mok.

It seems you've already attempted the troubleshooting we can provide. Since this is intended to resolve any issues with your home network, it's likely the issue stems from outside of this network. In this case, we'd recommend contacting your ISP and making a report with them.

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mok Tousen
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Lancer Lv 60
    I contacted my ISP, They have thoroughly tested with me and found no issues with my connection. Nor do I Have this issue with other MMO's I play. Unfortunately since no-one can seem to help me I canceled my sub. I wish this was fixed because I want to play which is why I just purchased the expansion, sub and additional retainer service's but there's nothing I can do at this point it seems. Until this can be fixed i'm going to have to leave the game.
    (0)

Good afternoon and thank you for posting on the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.

Thank you for keeping us updated. We will be moving this thread to "Closed Concerns".

Thank you for visiting the Final Fantasy XIV Technical Support Forums.
    (0)