Player
    Character
    Eboy Giorno
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70

Option to link keybinds to a HUD layout or have separate keybind layouts

Hi, I don't know if it's already been suggested, but it would be great if we could have the option to have separate keybind loadouts in the same way that we have different HUD layouts. They could be linked to a HUD layout though I guess it wouldn't matter as long as we could change it with a slash command like we can with /hudlayout that way we could use it in macros like:

/macroicon "Bard" classjob
    /gearset change 4
    /hudlayout 1
    /keybindlayout 1

/macroicon "Dancer" classjob
    /gearset change 6
    /hudlayout 2
    /keybindlayout 2
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yvahli Tontalu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Separate keybind and UI profiles on a per-class basis would be nice.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I'm curious which keybinds you would set differently on different jobs. This is why they have different hotbars. What system-level changes would you make between jobs?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Yvahli Tontalu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Separate keybind profiles would allow for different slot configurations on the same hotbar and separate UI profiles would bypass the 4 HUD configurations we're limited too. This would allow you to order your skills and hotbars however you like on a per-class basis without the repercussion of affecting another classes configuration and or running out of Class UI's.

And yes, you could set up dummy hotbars with no bindings and all the skills reconfigured to your liking but it starts to cut into the limited amount of hotbars you have, especially when you make advanced/specialized UI's. UI's like the one my Machinist uses. Even though only two hotbars are visible, she actually utilizes 6 of the 10 (7 of 10 if I decide to utilize a notification hotbar) available on a single UI profile. It pretty much makes that profile unplayable for any other class.

Edit: So it turns out, for whatever reason everything was set to a shared hotbar and I was unaware they were even a thing. I've since fixed this, opening up hotbars for other classes.
    (2)
    Last edited by WigglesTheWiggly; 07-09-2020 at 09:26 PM. Reason: Resolved part of an issue this post was addressing.

Player
    Character
    Eboy Giorno
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    My problem is that If I was to have my layout like this for my dancer, I can't have the keybinds like a standard setup on a different hud layout

HUD Layout 2:

HUD Layout 1:

(I did turn off the shared toolbars for most bars which helped free up a lot of space but I still can't really use 1-9 easily for more complex classes)
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Eboy Giorno
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 70
    It seems like the only way to do it right now would be to backup my settings in the launcher and swap between two different settings backups which is pretty cumbersome.
    If anyone has any tips that could help they'd be much appreciated.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Yvahli Tontalu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    Yeah the current system isn't really Multi-Class friendly. Class UI specific keybinds don't always match the flow of other Custom Class UI's and you're either forced to either make a cookie cutter UI, use different keybinds which is just asinine or you have to over engineer the interface with dummy hotbars (Hotbars without keybinds, with skills/spells arranged how you want them. You essentially have to set up two hotbars where the control bar is hidden with the keybinds and the dummy hotbar is visible.). One thing in particular I don't like about the dummy hotbars is that they provide less visual output (they do not flash when pressed and lack keybind labeling). Not to mention, they don't shift like hotbar 1 does when you are forced to do an MSQ that makes you play another character like with Estinien and Thancred or the Robots in Rival Wings. Yes, I entered an MSQ and had to reconfigure my HUD to play it...

When it boils down to it, class specific keybinds (and UI profiles in relation to my previous post) would equate to less overall tinkering with the UI on a game-wide scale by allowing you to organize and bind any hotbar (most notably hotbar 1) however you like on an individual basis without affecting any other set up and I'm sorry but I think having to make 4 UI profiles and 1 shared set of keybinds work for 18 classes is just silly and restrictive.

Class-based UI/Keybind profiles would be a godsend.
    (2)
    Last edited by WigglesTheWiggly; 07-13-2020 at 09:08 AM.

Player
    Character
    Nospimi Nos
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 57
    Hey, I'm not sure what the etiquette is for necro bumping, but I came on to the forum specifically to suggest this functionality. I like to keep similar actions to the same keyboard buttons (On Black Mage I have Fire 1 on Q, and Fire 2 on E. Singular Target on Q, and AOE on E. For Astrologian I put Benefic on Q, and Helios on E. Q for singular target heal, E for AOE heal. Etc.)

Problem is I like to setup the hotbar closest to my MP & Health layed out in a way that I can see what skills have available procs and which frequently used skills are on cooldown at a glance while I peek at my MP levels. My work around has been to set up different hotbars for the two classes so that the ones I need to see the cooldowns/procs for are on independent hotbars, but there's only so many hotbars. And as someone who loves the fun Macros you can make for a clean and personalized UI, I only have 1 left to spare now. If I wanted to pick up another class or two I honestly don't know what I'd do.

Allowing different keybind profiles would fix this whole issue. If we could have 10 profiles like we have hotbars (A bit ambitious I know) then I could set it so when switching jobs I could change hotbar profiles at the same time and have SO much more customization on the fly and it wouldn't mess with my muscle memory too much while keeping the information I need quickly in eyesight. With there now being 17 (Blue Mage = 18?) Combat based Disciple jobs and 11 Crafting based Disciple jobs, I feel like it'd be a massive help to add a bit more customization and control when switching between so many potential roles with some vastly different playstyles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Killari Nightblade
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 56
    I'm going to bump this thread. I was really caught off-guard when I switched specs (jobs), went to set up my binds and my old ones are still their. When I change jobs I'd like my updated UI and updated Binds to switch with my "New" job. One bind setting for all the jobs is just awful. Of course you're going to bind common spells to the same button for memory. Please allow Key-binds to be linked to each job. If people want the same one then allow them to copy paste to all and others to customize. For a game that allows you to play everything on one toon, this is not a friendly system. Makes me want to make multiple separate toons.

I'd also like to add. Coming from a top 100 Mythic Guild in wow. I'm ok living without weakauras. But give us more options to customize our UI. Like triggers that flash on spell CD or when a buff is running out etc.

It doesn't look like these threads get much attention, so I hope someone from SE is listening.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nospimi99 View Post
    I like to keep similar actions to the same keyboard buttons (On Black Mage I have Fire 1 on Q, and Fire 2 on E. Singular Target on Q, and AOE on E. For Astrologian I put Benefic on Q, and Helios on E. Q for singular target heal, E for AOE heal. Etc.)

Problem is I like to setup the hotbar closest to my MP & Health layed out in a way that I can see what skills have available procs and which frequently used skills are on cooldown at a glance while I peek at my MP levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by Killari View Post
    I'm going to bump this thread. I was really caught off-guard when I switched specs (jobs), went to set up my binds and my old ones are still their. When I change jobs I'd like my updated UI and updated Binds to switch with my "New" job. One bind setting for all the jobs is just awful. Of course you're going to bind common spells to the same button for memory. Please allow Key-binds to be linked to each job. If people want the same one then allow them to copy paste to all and others to customize. For a game that allows you to play everything on one toon, this is not a friendly system. Makes me want to make multiple separate toons.
    You two don't need separate keybind profiles; you just need to arrange your bars differently. It sounds like you're putting actions on the wrong bars. If you want similar actions to go on similar keys, put them on the same bar. Different keys? Different bars.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast