Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Kay Radley
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by JamieRose View Post
    I don't care. All this decision did was change who was getting screwed over. Instead of people getting screwed over who had the misfortune of a lapsing account, the screws were put to PAYING CUSTOMERS who had not yet acquired a house. It was a horrible decision and never should have been implemented.
    We have officially achieved Peak Karen.
    (5)

Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by KayRadley View Post
    We have officially achieved Peak Karen.
    Said the Karen.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Said the Karen.
    I don't understand where this is coming from.
    They've only posted on this thread twice before this, and those posts are:

Ok, Karen.
    If you didn't want to be @'d, you shouldn't have acted like a Karen.

Pandemic means job closures and/or furloughs (and that's if you're fortunate enough to not be infected).
    Inability to work means inability to make money.
    No money means no sub.
    The pandemic has made people unable to play the game through no fault of their own.
    And you want to punish them for something that they have no control over.
    Your remark about them being a Karen seems pretty off base.
    But either way, can we move away from the name calling? I don't want this to be another thread that gets hijacked by a fight.
    (1)

Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ItMe View Post
    I don't understand where this is coming from.
    They've only posted on this thread twice before this, and those posts are:

Your remark about them being a Karen seems pretty off base.
    But either way, can we move away from the name calling? I don't want this to be another thread that gets hijacked by a fight.
    You must have missed the part where he called me a Karen for having an opinion he disliked.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    R'ahlin Taka
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    I don't care. All this decision did was change who was getting screwed over. Instead of people getting screwed over who had the misfortune of a lapsing account, the screws were put to PAYING CUSTOMERS who had not yet acquired a house. It was a horrible decision and never should have been implemented.
    So the people who cannot log in, through no fault of their own, who also pay their sub. Don't deserve the same rights?

Hoo boy, you certainly are the life of the party. But let's put this into another perspective.

Say you had a house, yet after getting one, you come down with a terrible sickness, or you lose internet at your house, etc. Whatever. Through no fault of your own, you cannot log into FFXIV for a while and, when you are finally able to return, you get a "You lost your house" message. You'd be pretty pissed off, wouldn't you? You're still paying your sub during the time you're gone, yet you still lose it.

Imagining you answered "Yes, I'd be pissed off" to the above. Why is it okay for other "paying customers" to lose their stuff, yet at the same time, completely forbidden for you to be held to that same standard? You aren't a special snowflake. You pay the same fee everyone else does. Think about other people and their issues, instead of focusing in on the "I'm the only one that matters" mentality. Because that'll get you no brownie points from anyone.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    You must have missed the part where he called me a Karen for having an opinion he disliked.
    Yeah, the way you used it... I'm not sure you understand what being called "a Karen" means...
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Kanjien Stormbow
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 57
    Yeah, the way you used it... I'm not sure you understand what being called "a Karen" means...
    I am not sure anyone really knows what it means. I do know that I am already sick of seeing and hearing it all of the time. I like your idea...no name calling. If you cant debate a topic without resorting to name calling then you may want to re-examine your opinion.
    (2)

Character
    Kay Radley
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenky View Post
    So the people who cannot log in, through no fault of their own, who also pay their sub. Don't deserve the same rights?

Hoo boy, you certainly are the life of the party. But let's put this into another perspective.

Say you had a house, yet after getting one, you come down with a terrible sickness, or you lose internet at your house, etc. Whatever. Through no fault of your own, you cannot log into FFXIV for a while and, when you are finally able to return, you get a "You lost your house" message. You'd be pretty pissed off, wouldn't you? You're still paying your sub during the time you're gone, yet you still lose it.

Imagining you answered "Yes, I'd be pissed off" to the above. Why is it okay for other "paying customers" to lose their stuff, yet at the same time, completely forbidden for you to be held to that same standard? You aren't a special snowflake. You pay the same fee everyone else does. Think about other people and their issues, instead of focusing in on the "I'm the only one that matters" mentality. Because that'll get you no brownie points from anyone.
    Thank you for putting things more eloquently than I could.
    (2)

Character
    Staribbon Xu
    World
    Maduin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    It means being a stuck up, upper class white woman who complains about everything and demands to see the manager.

It doesn't even fit in these forums because there is no manager to see and everyone comes here to complain. So if I'm a Karen for using these forums as they were intended to use, then everyone here is a Karen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenky View Post

Small problem with your evaluation, I don't have a house and Squeenix has set things up to make it nigh impossible for me to acquire one. A normal person would understand my perspective as I'm being unfairly punished for things outside my control. You, on the other hand, attack me and subject me to labels because I fail to tow the line and accept what the status quo insists upon.

And I'm not here for brownie points. I'm here to give my opinion on things that directly and negatively affect my game experience. If you're actually here for brownie points, then you are a sad excuse for a human being.
    (0)
    Last edited by JamieRose; 07-26-2020 at 04:40 AM.

Player
    Character
    R'ahlin Taka
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    A normal person would understand my perspective
    A normal person would be okay with SE deciding to pause the timer, because an alarming amount of the human species (worldwide, I might add!) have life-threatening things to take care of, prioritizing Actually staying alive over entertainment.

You, being one that seemingly doesn't have to worry (or care, for that matter) about said life-threatening things. Do not get to take the side of "normal people" when you couldn't care about the "normal people" in the first place.
    (4)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast