Player
    Character
    Rune Eversong
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90

Please add CAD to FFXIV Store

First of all, I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, I'm borderline dumb. :P

But, I noticed the site offers USD, GBP, and EU currencies, but not CAD. Please, this would make it easier for Canadians like me to know how much they're spending!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bun Fisha
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 57
    Or just use math... easy.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Iiiiiiiiiiit's Meeeee
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 90
    Wait, really?
    (checks)
    Huh, I never noticed they didn't have that. I wonder why they don't use CAD too.
    That seems like a silly oversight. I hope you get your wish and they add it soon.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    just google the exchange rate or just literally enter $X US in CDN.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Having a local currency option is nice in most cases because you don't have to deal with currency fluctuations and actually ends up being cheaper. E.g. a 20 USD game on Steam typically costs 25 CAD in our local currency pricing. With the current exchange rate which is pretty average it would have been $27 plus potential bank exchange fees if Steam didn't change to localized pricing several years back. Sometimes it ends up being more than you would have paid, but I find that's more of an exception than something that's common.

I would also add that this would be nice to have for our subscription cost as well. Right now I pay for 6 months at a time at legacy pricing plus some retainers for $71.94 but I never know if I'm going to be paying $80 or $100 or $120. Can't just google the exchange rate for that since it's a specific day in the future that it happens.
    (0)
    Last edited by Mhaeric; 07-01-2020 at 07:17 AM.

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Yeah, it would be nice for Squeenix to offer more local currency options. I seem to remember there was a thread from someone in south america I think who said that the exchange rate cost was prohibitively expensive for anyone making average wage in their country.
    (0)