Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Arathen Bluecrest
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    No I said it was fine if they had to develop them as if they were stand alone jobs. They would still use the same weapons and be linked to the leveling of the base class. My goal is more options with less time wasted if a certain class/job doesn't pan out. As far as development goes time goes, one of the most time consuming part of developing a new jobs is creating the sprites and animations from scratch. There are 3 options in this regard. Since stuff is already being pushed back anyway, first, push 6.0 back to accommodate all 8 branching, not completely new, jobs with no new jobs for 7.0 to get back on track. Second, do four of the jobs, Thaumaturge's healer and Conjurer's, Gladiator's and Marauder's DPS for 6.0 and the other for the 6.0 patches, once again not making any new ones for 7.0. The third is similar to the second, but putting the other four, 2 tanks and 2 healers, for 7.0.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirron Tulaxia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    You're still proposing doubling up all existing jobs though. Whether it's now or later on is kind of irrelevant. As far as what takes the most time when it comes to making jobs I don't believe they've given us any data on the matter.

Realistically? If this was a reasonable suggestion they'd have done it. They've gone on record with the exact opposite, they don't want to ever split jobs again. Which means the costs outweigh the benefits.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    people are already upset over there being a delay for 5.3. you want to put in an even bigger one for an idea that the devs don't even want to touch?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Arathen Bluecrest
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 70
    I'll first address the delay part. That is only one of three ways they could do it. The third option is the best one. I only mentioned it to list what they could do, not what they should do. At this point though 6.0 is going to be pushed back anyway, how long will depend on the Covid panic.

As far as adding 8 jobs, they've done that already, not including Blue Mage. These jobs also wouldn't require the same amount of work as a full stand alone job would. The abilities would be all new but they have plenty of animations they can reuse to make the job easier. As far as not giving data on the most time consuming part of creating a job being the animation, I direct you to what they have said about the new races and all the time it takes to adapt each and every previous armor piece to the new race. Another example being over in Pokemon Sword and Shield and the main reason for why the National Pokedex is gone from new games going forward. The sprites they had to make for over 1000 Pokemon would have pushed the game back much further than the release it had. Recycling as much as they can from the class/main job, not necessarily abilities, can cut what I estimate to be 25% to even possibly 50% off the work load. For the sake of argument though let's go low and say 25%. That means they would be putting in the work for 3/4 of 8 jobs, the equivalent of 6. So then cutting that in half 4 is like 3 which is what they've have pretty much done since the ARR patches. We've gotten 9 new jobs, the first of which was a Class and a Job, Rogue and Ninja.

Now before you try to make the case that I'm grasping at straws here, I am well aware that there is a 99% chance this won't ever happen. I say 99 because a miracle could happen. The only way it's 100% is if I don't even try and I wouldn't have if I hadn't had anyone like the idea at all and it was just me. However, since all the people I know outside the game who play liked the idea, I posted anyway. As of right now I have 2 people who have seen this who are very much interested and over 400 views in just five days. I don't know if the views are a lot or not for the suggestion area but I find that significant for only a 5 day old post. Once again my goal is not just to add more jobs, that's just a means to get to the goal. My goal is to encourage people to try something out of their comfort zone when it comes to tanking and healing. if it doesn't work out, they have another job to fall back on without having to basically start over, just like someone can do with Summoner and Scholar. If it helps to think of this way, don't think of them as branching jobs, think of them as a main and an alternate job, since the build would basically be from scratch anyway. The alternative to this would be creating more level 30 jobs that you can pick up before Ishgard but that is still not as a nice as having an alternate job that levels up with the main job.
    (0)
    Last edited by bluecrest5; 06-17-2020 at 09:06 AM.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    if this thread ever reaches like 30-40 pages then that'll be a success. never pray for miracles.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Mirron Tulaxia
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by bluecrest5 View Post
    Snip.
    It's 100% not happening because they've already said they aren't doing it again. Pretty plain and simple. Yoshida and co are the only ones who know what is and isn't efficient for making new jobs. They obviously don't see this as an efficient use of resources. If they did they'd have been doing that instead of making new jobs entirely. It's also why I'm confident it's not a good idea. Yes, some degree of resources are saved, but it seems like the net effect is still negative. What gets saved from animations instead is spent on balancing the resulting jobs even more.

And they haven't done eight new jobs in one expansion. Three whole jobs was too much. I don't see any way the amount of resources spent on a single branch being equivalent to one fourth of a whole job, which is what it would have to equal out to get that kind of amount.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2