Player
    Character
    Meia Horne
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 67

Eden's Verse: Refulgence (Savage) needs a check point

I have done many savage fights, but I find Shiva the most annoying, long and not fun at all!

That fight is WAY too long, if Square are going to make a fight this long there should be a check point so we don't have to do mindless mechanics over and over again or make the fight shorter or same length as the other bosses.

When you put a long fight like Shiva it burns people out.

There was nothing wrong with God Kafka or Ex Death. It's torture to watch the same cut scene over and over and over again...
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Reinhardt Azureheim
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Raiding since Deltascape over here.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Shiva about 12min until enrage? That sounds roughly in line with God Kefka for instance, granted Shiva has two lengthy cutscenes and an add phase for like a minute. In fact they just cut the doorboss, which made final raid fights work closer to HW (Manipulator, Brute Justice, Alexander) again. I'd argue Burden of the Son (Brute Justice) was mechanically one of the most demanding fights out there, probably topping Shiva.

The doorbosses, while serving as checkpoints, were arguably way tougher than Shiva's first + add phase as well.

That being said, the fight duration is proper and in line with previous final savage bosses.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Chryden Speakel
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Blue Mage Lv 80
    Shiva is not hard at all, it is DPS greed by single player who make the fight hard.

Once you get past LR it is a nice and steady progress with mechanics that can be learned in 1-3 trys, when you have watched a guide.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jitah'li Habhoka
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    Shiva definitely has those kind of "1 person screws up = wipe" moments, and that's where the challenge comes from when you combine those mechanics with DPS greedy fellow raiders. Because I'd never be greedy

As for the cutscene... it makes me think of old ps2 games, with no cutscene skip. Being stuck in bossfight for a bit, you know, and at 10th time the coolness quality has worn out. Compare and contrast with Omega tiers' final bosses; because the transitions were coupled with checkpoint, I cannot say the coolness of those transition ever wore out on me. Because you did not see them 10 times per raidnight.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Momeen Dapoulet
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    No checkpoints with pubs is a headache. It was fine for titan since titan didnt have the cascade-everything-into-an-instant-wipe-if-on-guy-fucks-up mechanic. The message is clear from SE; either get a static or lower yourself to enjoy the kiddie pool content that are the two "EX" trials, otherwise just unsub.
    (3)