Character
    Cellestitte Arendell
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50

Help Configure Keys for Astrologian

Hello all,

I've just unlocked Astrologian, the class I've been wanting to play since I started. I'd like to ask for some help in assigning skills to shortcut keys, since I have a gaming mouse with some additional buttons.

I've mained White Mage up until now, and I here are the skills I have assigned related to the numbers on the image. Additionally, if I press Shift, I access my second shortcut bar, so I'll put the list here as well.

I'm hoping of getting a good setup for Astrologian based on what I was used to as White Mage, but I'd like to know your opinions; which mouse buttons would be best for each skills. Also, I have small hands.

WHM list:

1. Cure
    2. Medica
    3. Regen (the one I click the most)
    4. Stone
    5. Aero

Shift+Press
    1. Cure II
    2. Medica II
    3. Esuna
    4. Holy
    5. Lucid Dreaming (although, I never use this shortcut...)

If you could give me some ideas as to what to assign to these buttons as an Astrologian, I would really apreciate the help. I just unlocked it at lv 30, so I want to jump in and get to leveling, but I need to sort this out first.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Don't forget the mousewheel! You can press it as a middleclick, which will give you a couple more buttons.

AST requires a few more buttons than WHM if you want to play it without macros.
    If you want to reduce the number of buttons, you can combine the six card skills into two buttons:

Play
    Code:
    /ac (Play) <mo>
    /ac (Redraw)
    /ac (Draw)
    /ac (Sleeve Draw)
    /micon (Play)
    Usage:

Divination
    Code:
    /ac (Minor Arcana) <mo>
    /ac (Divination)
    /micon (Divination)
    Usage:
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cellestitte Arendell
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Hey there, thanks for reply.

I don't have divination yet, but regarding the macro for play, It draws if I have no card drawn already and then clicking again plays that card, am I getting that right? So it combines together draw+play?
    If that's true, than it would be very useful, so I can map it to the 3 button (in my picture). That's the easiest button for me to reach, so I try to map it to the skill I use the most for the classs (in WHM, that was my regen).
    Thanks for reminding me of the mouse wheel, I did forget about it, but it's also hard for me to click it (the button itself needs a bit of strength to push down to click), which is why I don't use it often. Still, might be a good for Essential Dignity, as a sort of "panic button".

Any additional advice is welcome!!
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumy View Post
    regarding the macro for play, It draws if I have no card drawn already and then clicking again plays that card, am I getting that right? So it combines together draw+play?
    If you don't have a card, it'll draw a card, either through Draw or later Sleeve Draw.
    If you have a card but your mouse isn't over a target, it'll Redraw.
    If you have a card and your mouse is over a target, you'll throw the card at them.

Later, the Divination macro will work similarly.
    If you don't have a card, you'll use Divination.
    If you have a card but your mouse isn't over a target, you'll use Divination.
    If you have a card and your mouse is over a target, you'll use Minor Arcana on them.

If you're not used to mouseovers and prefer to use hard targets, just change the <mo> to <t>. Then the action will depend on whether you have a target or not, rather than what's under your mouse.
    (0)
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Cellestitte Arendell
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 50
    Wow, super thanks! I'll probably use hard target for now, since I have Malefic and Combust with <tt>. I find it useful to always have the tanks as my target.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ein'sf Florr
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    For the mouse binds, I would suggest just place the similar skills from your WHM setup for start. And then adjust if needed as you unlock more skills. Afterall, only you can decide if you prefer same setup for the ease muscle memory across your healers, or you don't mind having them differently.

1. Benefic (Single target heal)
    2. Helios (AoE heal)
    3. Aspected Benefic (Regen/Shield)
    4. Malefic (Damage spell)
    5. Combust (Dot)

Shift+Press
    1. Benefic II (ST heal)
    2. Aspected Helios (AoE HoT or shield)
    3. Esuna
    4. Gravity (AoE damage)
    5. ???
    (0)