Player
    Character
    Dev Null
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 70

Temporarily blacklist gilsellers when reporting

I propose that when I report a gilseller that the account is temporarily blacklisted (until I log out is enough, dont need to save it for too long) so I don't have to continue seeing it spam the chatlog. As it is now there is little incentive to actually report them - just TP out to a HW+ zone and the problem is gone but if I can be certain I won't see that account spamming again - well then I would report more of them.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Jenna Starsong
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Agreed. WoW does this and it's great. Reporting RMT puts that character on a temporary blacklist and also removes everything they've said from your chat log.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Yvahli Tontalu
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 80
    I don't get why it doesn't just block messages containing certain content. Like every time we ban one, that particular message the bot was using would now be blocked before it reaches the public on any other account and if they changed it but let's say 20% of it is the same, the message is not shown. Maybe even block posts with blacklisted links entirely for anyone trying to share the site over FFXIV's chat?
    (1)
    Last edited by WigglesTheWiggly; 07-13-2020 at 11:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Please live thread.

Yes please I had a blacklist full of reported bots once (nearing the actual blacklist limit) and got ridiculed for the mere idea of bothering to blacklist them. But when I report, I'm reporting because I don't want to see them and they are indeed spamming up my chat box.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

y'all are kinda dumb tbh