Rasa Vhecbepa
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Gladiator Lv 1

[deleted]

[post deleted]
    (1)
    Last edited by rsod; 07-28-2021 at 04:15 PM.

Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    It's optional. also glamor choices and opinions on glamor are highly subjective. And as well, if you don't have the money for it, then well you need to make more money IRL so you can glam yourself up.

also cash shops and MMO's go together like PB and J.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Retainer Twenty
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Arcanist Lv 25
    So you'd rather grind for hours to obtain optional video game items instead of you know... actually working to just buy whatever you want. Your time must be hella cheap to make this kind of suggestion.
    (2)

4. 06-09-2020 03:48 AM

Player
    Character
    Aubrenard Sondraix
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    There's a great wealth of glam opportunities between the crafted and dungeon/raid/etc gears and various dyes, so I'm sad to hear you feel that way about the 'vanilla' options available.
    (7)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Subjective opinion is subjective. I can only think of one occasion when I was browsing through the Eorzean Collection and Garland Tools looking for items for a glamour just to find the item I liked best was from the cash shop.

Sometimes I think the only reason people go nuts over the cash shop items is because they're given such high visibility on the launcher and Lodestone compared to items obtained in-game. It's always funny to see the sudden rush of people wearing the latest mogstation glamour the day it comes out just for those glamours to almost completely disappear from view two weeks later because everyone has gone back to their glamours made from in-game items. If the mogstation glamours were so very superior as you say, that wouldn't happen.

Quote Originally Posted by rsod View Post
    Everything is optional. Playing FFXIV at all is optional itself. But it doesn't cancels that it's very greedy move to locking so much content behind paywall while leaving so little options for free in a paid game with a paid subscription in the world where people are managing to make free to play games without pay to win and without locking content behind paywall at all.
    This game has zero content locked behind any Mogstation paywall. None at all.

The only content in the game that can be accessed solely through Mogstation is the Ceremony of Eternal Bonding and even that is free. The paid options are for additional customization features for the ceremony.

Don't confuse content with the items used to customize that content. The glamour system is the content in this case. The only way to unlock it is to do a level 15 quest in Vesper Bay. There is no Mogstation paid option that will unlock the glamour system for you and allow you to bypass doing that quest.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Phaedra Delaunay
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    I've put together a lot of glamours I really enjoy using things farmed from dungeons, crafted, quested, etc. I'm definitely going to have to disagree on this one, but it's also a purely subjective topic as to what 'good' is.
    (3)

8. 06-09-2020 05:54 AM

9. 06-09-2020 06:17 AM
    Reason
    i don't want to seem too mean =p

Player
    Character
    Vidu Moriquendi
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    yes, I've put together many glamours together from dungeons and so, but it's just good. It's nothing that makes you say "wow, that looks nice". And they are more or less same looking. Cheap, plain, just better than default look of eden armor but not more than that. It's nothing that would make people check where you got it from. These ones hardlocked behind paywall.
    While it is a matter of taste there is a whole lot of glamour options in game that made me go "Wow, that looks really nice! Lets see where its from..." - and then the item in question turned out to be something that I can, in theory, earn in game but is hard locked behind something like Savage (often old Savage content that no one actually does anymore but thats still not so faceroll easy that I could solo-farm it or clear it with clueless people) or a huge amount of PvP (I really LOVE that Filed Commanders Coat and I think I "only" need about 16 more Seal Rock wins for it? But getting those and getting the 84 wins I have so far took an aweful long time - and anyone who isnt into PvP who might see this coat could very well just thinkin "Jep, not gonna bother") or any other type of content - Eureka comes to mind, for example - that could very well like more of a "wall" to a lot of people than paying for the item on the mogstation.

My point basically is: There is a lot of glamour-options in game and they're actually by no means of lesser quality than what we got on the mogstation. And a lot of the nice ingame items are even more hardlocked than a mogstation outfit to most people - I dont want to come off as insensitive to people with a lower income who might struggle to pay for these things (with money that apparently helps fund the game directly, instead of going into the general SE-budget like our sub-money and therefor helps the development of the game while also keeping our sub-cost at the level they are), but the fact is that a lot of nice looking gear is locked behind some kind of wall - skill, time, "luck" (when it comes to frontline PvP it feels more like that...) and yes, money aswell.

There are a tone of glamour options that are fairly easy available - 95% of my personal glamours are build using those easy options and I run into people wearing intresting looking pieces of gear that are genderlocked or job-locked or sometimes even race-locked more often than I run into people wearing something from the mogstation that makes me go "Wow, there is no way I can create a similar looking and equally beautiful glamour without paying for this outfit on the mogstation!"
    At the end of the day its obviously a matter of taste when it comes to what you think looks "beautiful" - but I cant say that I see a better or higher quality from the mogstation items than the ingame ones. They still have terrible clipping (in case of the things that came over from the korean/chinese version the clipping is often even worse) and crappy textures.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Phaedra Delaunay
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    yes, I've put together many glamours together from dungeons and so, but it's just good. It's nothing that makes you say "wow, that looks nice". And they are more or less same looking. Cheap, plain, just better than default look of eden armor but not more than that. It's nothing that would make people check where you got it from. These ones hardlocked behind paywall.

You're confusing what is content. Every item is content. Having something locked behind paywall is alright, but in this case it's just a whole lot.
    Again I'd definitely disagree. Every time I go browsing for glamour ideas on websites/groups/etc, my favorites haven't ever included anything from the cash shop. I think your tastes are just in line with those particular clothing sets.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Mei Coincounter
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    I generally agree with the OP though with regards to seasonal items I really like how FFXIV handled them. They gave value for being there to participate in that year's festivities, and it feels really awesome, though at the same time it's not impossible to get that item if you missed it. It exists somewhere, eventually, and it tends to be really cheap.

I have less positive feelings on a lot of the other stuff. Especially as someone who plays a character who is supposed to be from the Far East, there's not a lot of great options, especially those that are not Japanese. The Ryumyaku stuff can kind of pass for Tang Dynasty-esque stuff though I wish I had more glam items representing east Asian cultures or inspired by them. I totally ate up stuff like the ao dai or taoist stuff, though begrudgingly forked over money for some of the stuff they made for the Chinese and Korean clients.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    As the others have said, it's subjective but I think there are so many gorgeous things within the game itself.

I bought a few things but they only make up a small fraction of the outfits I've made, and most of the things I use regularly are completely made from in-game pieces. (At a quick count, maybe 10% of my outfits would require purchased items, and half of those are the cheap ex-event pieces - some of which I did get from the events.)

MS items tend to have specific looks that are hard to replicate with in-game items, but they're not necessarily any better.

A lot of the time, it's better to mix and match parts of different sets as it makes for much nicer outfits than putting all the pieces of a set together. This goes for both in-game and bought items, but a lot of the bought ones are full-length so they're less customisable.

If you want inspiration, go browse Eorzea Collection:
    https://ffxiv.eorzeacollection.com/glamours
    (2)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast