Player
    Character
    Cain Andleft
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90

Geomancer idea?

So I know how people have conflicting thoughts about Geomancer being a healer, and how Conjurers are the Nature healers because that's their thing. So I thought about the issue for a bit. Why couldn't Geomancers be a nature healer too - just with a different play style? Posting my idea here. I'm not sure if this is even feasible. Would love to hear any thoughts and suggestions.

From a lore point, I believe White mages commune with the elementals to utilize their effects. Geomancers instead utilize the elements in nature and give their spells an aspected effect similar to the current AST.
    However, unlike AST - Geomancers gets a gauge with 3-elements. This gauge is highly dependent on the skills the geomancer uses. When Geomancers use a spell - ex: wind spell - it uses up a portion of the wind elements and causes the gauge to lean towards the other two elements (namely being water and earth). This changes the aspected effect of their spells entirely. The gauge will also depict a symbol stating current attunement of the Geomancer. The attunement will change automatically after all the elements in the gauge is consumed but is otherwise locked in combat. It will rotate water element -> earth element -> wind element. Assuming we have 3 elements, then the perfect balance would be when all 3 elements are at 100 (33% each, for a total of 300). At the highest, 2 elements can go up to 150 (50%) if there is no 3rd element normally. The absolute cap for an element is 200.

EX: 100 water, 100 wind, 100 earth.
    If for instance a wind spell takes 20 wind elements, then the gauge will add 10 to water and 10 to earth elements and reduce 20 wind.
    New gauge: 110 water, 80 wind, 110 earth. (36%,26%,36%)

Here's a very rough general outline of the idea I have based on this gauge.

So I'm going to take the generic DPS Skill [Stone] and rename it as [Rock]. (Look, I'm bad at names)
    Then we have the generic DoT Skill [Aero] renamed as [Wind].

[Rock] will deplete earth elements and replenish both wind and water elements.
    [Wind] will deplete wind elements and replenish both water and earth elements.
    This will continue until there is no more of their respective element.

At that instance, [Rock] will become [Sand] and gain Wind element or become [Mud] and become Water element when both elements are depleted. The element of the skill will be locked until this element is consumed entirely.

[Wind] becomes [Water], [Water] turns into [Earth], [Earth] turns into [Wind] provided there is an element in the gauge for it. Otherwise [Wind] turns into [Earth] or [Earth] turns into [Water].

These two rotations are constant.

Here's where things get tricky.
    Like all healers, they have a default heal - let's call it [Healing Qi]. It consumes water element and replenishes the other two. When there is an abundance of water elements (>=33%), healing potency is increased by 30%.

[Attunement] - Will be the default Toggle skill where you can change your element alignment only out of combat like Nocturnal Sect/Diurnal Sect. However, you cannot attune to an element when you're out of it on the gauge. 5 Second Cooldown.

They have [Aspected Healing Qi] - Basic Healing with an additional effect:
    On Earth element attunement, healing spells provide a shield.
    On Water element attunement, healing spells will have boosted potencies.
    On Wind element attunement, healing spells provide a 10% mitigation.

Likewise they have an AoE Heal [Aspected Healing Qi Field] that has the same additional effects as [Aspected Healing Qi] but with reduced potencies.

Then they have [Chaotic Formation] - AoE around you. Significantly consumes of the element currently attuned. An additional effect is applied based on attunement:
    When currently in Earth element: This skill deals 10-15% more damage.
    When currently in Water element: Refresh DoT effect
    When currently in Wind element: Causes Heavy
    When used under [Formation of Nature] or [Grand Formation of Nature], gets a debuff [Broken formation] - Does not increase the elemental lean from these two Formations.

[Leylines to Qi] - oGCD - Consumes all of the current element's attunement to restore MP.

[Feng Shui] - oGCD - Changes the Element Gauge to fill or reduce the 3 elements to 100 (or 33%).

[Barrier of the Nature- Earth] - oGCD - Consumes earth element on cast and places a ground AoE barrier that shields allies who are in the barrier when cast. If Earth element is abundant on cast (>=33%), also reduces incoming damage by 10%. AoE is removed after 15 seconds.

[Blessing of the Nature - Water] - oGCD - Consumes water element on cast and places a ground AoE that heals allies who are in the AoE when cast. If Water element is abundant on cast (>=33%), also grants regen. AoE is removed after 15 seconds.

[Flux of the Nature - Wind] - oGCD - Consumes wind element on cast and places a ground AoE that reduces allies incoming damage by 10%. If Wind element is abundant on cast (>=33%), also applies a DoT effect on enemies standing in the AoE. AoE is removed after 15 seconds.

[Formation of Nature] - Ground AoE that selects one element and increases its lean when you are in the field. Lasts for 10 seconds. Aspected spells casted in this AoE will change to the effect of that element. When using [Chaotic Formation] in the AoE, it will gain an additional effect based on the element, but you will no longer gain the lean of the element through [Formation of Nature]

[Formation of Leylines] - Refreshes attuned element [up to 2x] by reducing the other two elements by [x] if applicable.

[Grand Formation of Nature] - Ground AoE that selects two elements and increases their lean when you are in the field. When using [Chaotic Formation] in the AoE, it will gain an additional effect(s) based on the elements, but you will no longer gain the lean of these two elements through [Grand Formation of Nature].

[Perfect Formation] - All elements become balanced (take up 33%) for -x- seconds. During this period [attunement] can be freely adjusted. Under this effect the gauge does not move. Spells receive a 20% healing potency.

Those are just some ideas I thought up. It's lacking a lot of skills to manipulate the gauge but it's a very rough outline of what I think a Geomancer job would work. Thoughts and suggestions? Does it sound too complicated? Any ideas on how to tweak it and improve on the idea?
    (1)
    Last edited by AnotherPerson; 06-03-2020 at 06:50 PM.

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    See I've been thinking up a caster DPS build for Geomancer, and basically came up with the same thing as you, but in reverse.
    Casting earth element spells while the Earth Seal (ground based AoE) is active, increases your Earth gauge while reducing Wind/Water. Then you spend the Earth gauge when you cast Quake. Same for Flood/Tornado for their respective elements. One is mainly AoE, the other two are meant for ST.

So I'm all for it in theory. However I think a healer having three different DPS spells used in rotation is going to be the big hurdle here, given what the're doing with healers at the moment...
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Patronas Charm
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 80
    Your concept is neat! Quite imaginative, I’d have a break down of its gameplay. Like perhaps a rotation example or something.

However;

I’d be happy either way. Caster DPS or Healer, as long as it’s not a carbon copy of a BLM or the current state of healers. They could do cool stuff w/ all three elements of Wind / Water / Earth. Manipulating the terrain would be a neat addition too. Perhaps your ground AoE abilities w/ certain %s could manipulate the ground around party / enemies.

I made a concept way back on pretty much centered around weather / terrain manipulation.

I may make a DPS caster down the line w/ terrain / weather manipulation in mind.

Come on SE give us a cool GEO rendition
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Basic Blake
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    This is well thought out! It looks good, what what I would expect if it were to go that direction.

The only things to be careful about is that you gave a healer a dps rotation and dps job gauge. For lack of better terms, the devs have given all their healers brain dead job gauges. The gaining or losing of an element aspect is 100% how I want and expect the class to be implemented though!

The designers seem to be very keen on pushing the healers to be as close as possible in regards of what they can do. I don't think anyone would play any of the healers anymore based on the sheer amount of stuff you have to do on this Geo!

It is a good idea! Kudos
    (1)

5. 06-04-2020 12:50 AM

Player
    Character
    Basic Blake
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphor View Post
    See I've been thinking up a caster DPS build for Geomancer, and basically came up with the same thing as you, but in reverse.
    Casting earth element spells while the Earth Seal (ground based AoE) is active, increases your Earth gauge while reducing Wind/Water. Then you spend the Earth gauge when you cast Quake. Same for Flood/Tornado for their respective elements. One is mainly AoE, the other two are meant for ST.

So I'm all for it in theory. However I think a healer having three different DPS spells used in rotation is going to be the big hurdle here, given what the're doing with healers at the moment...
    Back in the other Geomancer thread awhile back there was something put up that had a caster concept that you started with full casts that ramped up into instant spells with positionals, ending with channeled finishers. It was a fun take on it!
    (0)