Player
    Character
    Shalala Shala
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90

Easter eggs in ShB I haven't seen posted

So, one of the first things I noticed when starting ShB recently was the number of things that seemed like references to FFXI, especially Al'Taiue. Upon zoning in to lakeland, the first things you see are purple trees and a pale landscape with hints of purple and blue that to me at least called to mind the Sea endgame. One of the first areas I ran into in the Crystarium was the Temenos rookery. Temenos being the light aligned region of Limbus in XI.

The sin eaters formed from humans also look like they have a similar profile to the aerns in XI, who were the inhabitants of the celestial capital after it was pulled into the crystal. The names of the sin eaters also remind me of the jailers of virtue (too bad AV was claimed by Eureka)

Recently I read about the power of creation that the original Ascians possessed. I was reminded strongly of the lore and mechanics behind crystal synthesis in XI. In the lore, crystal synthesis was reintroduced to the world by Kamlaunatt and Ealdnarch, being a lost art of the Zilart. the basic process is that after acquiring the base items and using the correct crystal you form a template in your mind of what you want to create and your success relies on your focus along with being able to imagine the item in exquisite detail.

Lastly and why this isn't just XI references is that I'm pretty sure the Great Serpent of Ronka is supposed to look like a Tsuchinoko. The Tsuchinoko is a cryptid that is apparently kinda popular in Japan and all the references of it I've seen are a bulbous snake with a sharply tapered small tail like the great serpent has.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Yuella Davilles
    World
    Ravana
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 90
    There are Al'taieu enemies too in The Twinning (Ghrahs)
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    There was an old thread in General Discussion that attempted to list as many references to past FF games as could be found, but it's been pushed right back and the original poster hasn't added anything to the main post recently. I made a post recently with the references in ShB I've found, although the ones you listed I admit I hadn't picked up on, so good catch!

This is the thread in question, with my most recent post about FF references in ShB here.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuella View Post
    There are Al'taieu enemies too in The Twinning (Ghrahs)

Pretty sure those were introduced in Pharos HM (was wondering what they're called, thanks)

On that note however, I'm certain that the giant jellyfish in Anamnesis and possibly the Clionid and other aquatic mobs were in XI first
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ryphen Darconel
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar1337 View Post
    Pretty sure those were introduced in Pharos HM (was wondering what they're called, thanks)

On that note however, I'm certain that the giant jellyfish in Anamnesis and possibly the Clionid and other aquatic mobs were in XI first

Yovras (jellyfish) and Phuabos (rays) were both in XI in Al'taieu. They also both show up in Eureka Hydatos, as well as Anamnesis. Makes one wonder where they're hiding the Hpemdes and Euvhis.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    They trickle the FFXI monsters out in handfuls, just so they can have something to fall back on when they have exhausted new ideas. The Clinoids in name come from FFXI, but in appearance they aren't the same. They introduced those in Abyssea, which was the first areas they started to reuse Sea monsters in, in FFXI.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Vyrerus View Post
    The Clinoids in name come from FFXI, but in appearance they aren't the same.
    They're not "from" FFXI though. They're a real thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clionidae
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Vicious Zvahl
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    They're not "from" FFXI though. They're a real thing.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clionidae
    They first reference clionidae in FFXI though. https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Category:Clionid
    (1)