Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jirah View Post
    So the issue of auto demolish still being halted and hundreds of FC homes owned by dead Fcs and inactive alts should be addressed before we bloat the game with more wards. Before auto demolish there were tons of housing options
    If you mean there were plenty of available houses before auto-demo was suspended in March, that was only on JP and some EU worlds. Even then, NA housing was effectively full. There were only a handful of available houses scattered around the data centers and they were always grabbed up within minutes if not seconds of the purchase timer expiring. NA hasn't seen a decent number of available houses on any world since Shadowbringer's launch.

They will be enabling auto-demo again at some point in the future, possibly with the release of 5.3 though I wouldn't count on it being that soon. It definitely would happen at the same time as a patch maintenance. That still isn't going to make nearly as many houses available as NA worlds need.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Barraind Faylestar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    NA hasn't seen a decent number of available houses on any world since Shadowbringer's launch.
    Most NA worlds had open housing for significant periods of time following the last ward additions.

Is NA housing garbage compared to JP and EU thanks to the population total vs number of servers? Yup. Is it possible to get houses when they add new housing? Absolutely.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Auri Everlost
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Conjurer Lv 80
    It's definitely LONG overdue! They cant base the need for more housing on lower population servers (JP and EU) when the NA servers have 10 -15 people camping every time a plot comes up. The system needs a revamp...relocations coming in after people have camped a plot for 10 hours is not making players happy.

Please SE ADD MORE WARDS!!
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Ethan Targaryen
    World
    Famfrit
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Qinari View Post
    It's definitely LONG overdue! They cant base the need for more housing on lower population servers (JP and EU) when the NA servers have 10 -15 people camping every time a plot comes up. The system needs a revamp...relocations coming in after people have camped a plot for 10 hours is not making players happy.

The Japanese datacenter has a total of 32 worlds, which is probably why some of their servers have lower populations, as they're more spread out. Europe on the other hand has a total of 12, honestly wouldn't be surprised if there's more European players play on the NA servers than on Eu servers, though how that would be figured out is anyone's guess. While NA has 24 servers that are all pretty much overpopulated. I think what we need in terms of a solution is adding more servers/worlds to the NA datacenters. Just adding one additional server/world to each adds 84 housing wards. Now if we can get rid of house hoarding as well... The other question though is even if another server/world was created how many people would be willing to switch to these new worlds? Do you think an entire FC that's at Rank 30 would do that? - My bets are on NO.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Barraind Faylestar
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    I think what we need in terms of a solution is adding more servers/worlds to the NA datacenters
    When we split from 2 datacenters to 3, the best in-theory solution would have been to also add 4 more worlds per cluster (based on JP population ratios), but that would have, in practice, ended up with Aether having 4 more over-populated servers and Crystal / Primal having even emptier ones, unless they had re-balanced the server distribution (the way they did it was basically asking for what happened to happen instead of an even distribution across clusters) to not have 3 of the major raid servers on one cluster and 5 of the 8 smallest servers on another.

Once cross-datacenter party/duty finder is implemented (it was their next big project, but who knows where it stands at this point), that would be less of an issue, but thats probably a year+ off at best.
    (1)

Character
    Kay Radley
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Monk Lv 90
    The devs are well aware there is a demand for new plots. Sadly, it's not gonna happen. If COVID can get the release of 5.3 delayed, I wouldn't hold my breath for new plots until the pandemic is contained, at the very earliest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Bun Fisha
    World
    Lich
    Main Class
    Fisher Lv 57
    It is pretty easy to add more wards. So do it SE!!! I see like 20 ppl camp one plot every time one comes up, and clicking on a placard for hours is just not a fun thing in a game... i usually give up after 2-3 hours but some ppl reaaally want a house so they are staying for 12 hours or more. It's just sad... WE NEED MORE WARDS!
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Scott Pilgrim
    World
    Omega
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shahi View Post
    It is pretty easy to add more wards. So do it SE!!!
    Unfortunately it's not. If it was, I feel sure they would have done it.

Each housing ward is a zone that has to stay running all the time. That's 4 housing areas, 42 wards (21 + subdivsions)... and 68 servers.

That's 11,424 zones that have to run all the time, just to sustain the current housing.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jira Dal'riata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    It’s far too easy to abuse, buy a house start a phony FC buy another house. And never log in
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Keira Kita
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Qinari View Post

Being a new player I would love to see housing availability. I recently got to the point where I can actually buy a small plot but there is absolutely nothing available...and it's ludicrous that you have 10 people camping plots as soon as they open. I've played many games and this one has some of the best features of any game I've played, except housing. It's astounding that there's such a want/desire by the community and yet there is nothing done to placate the paying customers.
    (1)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast