Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    Character
    Mimiji Miji
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    The problem is that this is a theme park MMORPG, the devs have a set path and narrative and everything is locked behind progressing that.
    Personally, I always kind of wished that the crafting classes were battle-ready like Ragnarok Online's Merchant class line.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aisha Starglow
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Angelhearth View Post
    All the cut-scenes, the obscene number of quests, quests even to just get a cut-scene so you can get access to dungeons. And even at lvl 80 the MSQ goes on and on and on and on. Even WoW wasn't this crazy with quests. Can you relax, please, or do the Japanese players really love this so much that it's necessary?If so, can't you just give us an upgrade package to get ridd of all these friggin' quests, like the upgrade to lvl 70? I want to play this game as a crafter and gatherer, but I'm being forced to play a fighting class to the very end to be allowed to gather and craft, at least if I want flying in Norvrandt, which I now, finally got, after, as I said, an obscene number of quests, and dungeons and quests and dungeons. I'm completely exhausted. You reach 80, fine, now just open up all the rest of the dungeons and raids and what not, so those interested in it can do that, and those not, can do what they are interested in, don't force the players to play the game according to a specified philosophy.

Now, let the ranting begin.
    I have no idea why all of this comment are from ppl being mad at u for saying this, this is very true and FFXIV isn't perfect, not by a long strecth. Many, many players dont play the game because they either dont like the MSQ or they dont like story driven games, and the games does a horrible job on offering any workarounds to not having to do hundreds of horus worth of story to be able to acces basically anything. I can only wish that with the ridicolous amount of msq this game'll have by the next expansions end they'll add a system like WoW's shadowlands leveling or something that lets u nto have to spend hundreds of hours doing old content. This isnt an attack on the story or the game or whatever, this is feedback about somethign that'll make this game more succesfull
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Enkidoh Roux
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    To be fair, SE did try in the original version of FFXIV of allowing crafters and gatherers to proceed through the storyline with allowances made in combat (you could actually start FFXIV 1.0 as a Disciple of the Hand or Disciple of the Land class, DotH and DotL classes had a basic attack they could use - 'Stone Throw' I believe it was called, starting city story battles featured the player directing guest npc fighters to do the battle for you, and the Path of the Twelve story had the Path Companion npc that could do all the fighting for you), but these experiments were too much hassle to deal with and so SE made the decision in ARR and after that only a Disciple of War or Disciple of Magic class/Job could proceed through the story simply due to pragmatism.

You're being called upon to save the world from forces that run the gamut from evil empires to pretty much gods, you simply need to be able to hold your own in battle, there is no way around that.
    (3)
    Last edited by Enkidoh; 05-31-2020 at 07:26 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rannie View Post
    Aaaaannnd now I just had a mental image of Lahabrea walking into a store called Bodies R Us and trying on different humans.... >.<

Lahabrea: hn too tall... tooo short.... Juuuuuust right.
    Venat was right.

Player
    Character
    Fu Soya
    World
    Excalibur
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 55
    Story will always be the core of any FF series.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Victor Theed
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Miner Lv 90
    Buy a jump potion for story and for whatever battle job u want.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Momeen Dapoulet
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Dragoon Lv 80
    "I totally love this game but I dont like this game."
    Its not a sandbox MMO, its a themepark MMO. While you're free to do the main story quests at your own pace and still make it your story, you are not in control of the narrative direction of the plot.
    Either buy a jump potion or brace yourself to blitz tru the MSQ. If you cant do either, just play other games there's nothing keeping you.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Angelhearth Besterda
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by RognarB View Post
    "I totally love this game but I dont like this game."
    Its not a sandbox MMO, its a themepark MMO. While you're free to do the main story quests at your own pace and still make it your story, you are not in control of the narrative direction of the plot.
    Either buy a jump potion or brace yourself to blitz tru the MSQ. If you cant do either, just play other games there's nothing keeping you.
    Thank you for your constructive feedback!
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2