Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphinaluna View Post
    I have to say, it's getting to me a little.

I've been playing for three years, very casually, and I'm not the most confident player, nor am I a pro in my class. But I'm not a terrible player. At least, I don't think I am. I try my hardest to learn mechanics and keep going through my rotation. I mess up sometimes, but I try and learn from it when I do.

So today I queued up for expert roulette, which I haven't done in a while as I wanted to get back into playing after having a break from the game. I got Anamnesis Anyder and things were going okay up until the second boss. I died twice, once that was just completely my fault, and then again right after, just as I raised into an aoe right as the boss died. The rest of the group ran onward, so I of course had to revive to the starting point. I tried to catch up as quickly as I could, and by the time I was nearly to them, a mob had respawned and I couldn't get past it alone being a dps without a good heal. Meanwhile, the tank asked for me to roll on the loot, which I hadn't done yet as I was dealing with the unexpected mob ^^; I apologised, explained what had happened, rolled on the loot and had to make my way to the mob again from the starting point.

I asked if they could maybe quickly help me get past the enemies without dying, as politely as I could, saying sorry again. Thankfully, they did. I thought that would be the end of it and then suddenly, I was kicked from the party. No explanation, no waiting, nothing. I understand that people want to run these dungeons quickly, and by asking for their help I was slowing them down. But otherwise, I've been in far worse runs before where I or other players have died twice and no one has been kicked.

Am I just being oversensitive here? Probably ^^; But how could I improve on my second time running the dugeon (first time without trusts too might I add) if I'm forced out? Must try harder not to die next time I suppose.
    I would say yes you are being oversensitive, just take the removal in stride. It is not a personal attack or anything the group simply no longer wished to play with you for whatever reason. Do not worry about it.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Asuka Suzuhana
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Seraphinaluna View Post
    I have to say, it's getting to me a little.

I've been playing for three years, very casually, and I'm not the most confident player, nor am I a pro in my class. But I'm not a terrible player. At least, I don't think I am. I try my hardest to learn mechanics and keep going through my rotation. I mess up sometimes, but I try and learn from it when I do.

So today I queued up for expert roulette, which I haven't done in a while as I wanted to get back into playing after having a break from the game. I got Anamnesis Anyder and things were going okay up until the second boss. I died twice, once that was just completely my fault, and then again right after, just as I raised into an aoe right as the boss died. The rest of the group ran onward, so I of course had to revive to the starting point. I tried to catch up as quickly as I could, and by the time I was nearly to them, a mob had respawned and I couldn't get past it alone being a dps without a good heal. Meanwhile, the tank asked for me to roll on the loot, which I hadn't done yet as I was dealing with the unexpected mob ^^; I apologised, explained what had happened, rolled on the loot and had to make my way to the mob again from the starting point.

I asked if they could maybe quickly help me get past the enemies without dying, as politely as I could, saying sorry again. Thankfully, they did. I thought that would be the end of it and then suddenly, I was kicked from the party. No explanation, no waiting, nothing. I understand that people want to run these dungeons quickly, and by asking for their help I was slowing them down. But otherwise, I've been in far worse runs before where I or other players have died twice and no one has been kicked.

Am I just being oversensitive here? Probably ^^; But how could I improve on my second time running the dugeon (first time without trusts too might I add) if I'm forced out? Must try harder not to die next time I suppose.
    Woaw, you were kicked once in a dungeon and you come to cry here?

I can't count the number of times I've been kicked for the wrong reason, just blacklist and retag. Stupid people, you’ll see them everywhere in MMOs. You will have to toughen up a bit because on the net it is not a wise kindergarten.

Please SE give me more then 200 Blacklist max !

Ps: If it is a low dps, I will have kicked you myself, it is no longer a habit of PL players who are not able to do their jobs as Dps, Heal or Tank.
    (0)
    Last edited by Naoki34; 05-27-2020 at 07:24 PM.

Player
    Character
    Miss Eclipse
    World
    Alpha
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    I used to be like that when I started playing. I was super scared to run dungeons without people I know because I couldn't bare the idea of strangers insulting me or kicking me or whatnot.

Since then, I figured out that really, there are jerks everywhere and you'll come across a few of them along the way. They might say mean things or kick you for the wrong reasons or no reasons at all. It's really no big deal.

Don't worry about it. It's part of being on an MMO to be honest.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Catherine Korbchi
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 70
    Unfortunately, there are players like you described who take this game way too serious. They are the kind who make a job out of playing the game and expect other players to be as dedicated as they are. They expect perfection, and God forbid if you don't perform up to their standard. I'm sorry that happened to you, but unfortunately this game does have its fair share of jerks.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Carin Eri
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    Dancer Lv 90
    You have my sympathies, OP!

I'm in the same boat as you in many ways, expect for perhaps the fact that I am a pretty terrible player. However, much like you I do try my best to learn.

Anyway - have had similar experiences to you as have said in other threads:
    Quote Originally Posted by Carin-Eri View Post
    Well, I guess with every positive there is a negative.
    Was just playing Holminster Switch with a team (which prefer over the NPC option) and said team silently voted to "dismiss from party and duty" when we got to Lightwarden: Philia
    Quote Originally Posted by Carin-Eri View Post
    As have said in another thread, some players don't offer that chance.
    I was kicked (voted) off a run of 'Tower at Paradigm's Breach' last night. That was the second time I've been kicked off a team without really knowing why. If it was because my performance was crap, or I did something wrong, I'm not going to learn anything from it because no-one specified what I did wrong.
    Sorry, I'll admit to being pretty damn bad at the game - but I'm not going to learn anything by being kicked off a team without explanation.
    In hindsight though, I'm not sure if an explanation would've made any difference, and in the case of the first one I can only assume I didn't meet their DPS standards. As per a much more recent post I made in another thread, even when you do your best and (to the best of your knowledge) play correctly you'll find those who just want to find fault with something.
    (0)
    Last edited by Carin-Eri; 08-18-2022 at 09:11 PM.

Player
    Character
    Kenai Phoenix
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Don't worry about it. Not every dungeon is a smooth ride and sadly you had not very nice party members. Usually, at least for me, are the healers the ones that are oversensitive and abandon the duty at the first wipe saying that the party is noob and don't know how to play. Just ignore this event and keep in mind the other 3 years of duty were you had fun.

Also, in this particular case, I think the tank is the one that have most of the blame (im a main tank btw). As a tank you control the flow of the dungeon, even if the healer wants to go 300 km/s, if the tank doesn't want it, the healer is just gonna get killed while the tank is behind. I always (and almost all the tanks I know) wait for every party member to be ready before advance, specially if someone is watching a cutscene but it applies too if someone was left behind like this case.
    (2)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2