Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Jira Dal'riata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    My only issue with rescue is it’s cooldown is too long I usually use it maybe once per dungeon for stupid reasons like out running the tank or physical DPS so I rescue them closer, or to stack. I never use it to trick people I don’t know that’s how you get kicked
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Tera Svenay
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 82
    I sometimes pull brainlet red mages into my sacred soil/asylum, because they shouldn't be off in Africa vercuring themselves and knee-capping their DPS. Then they run right back and say "Don't do that again".

Morons.
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Ceasaria Pheonixia
    World
    Moogle
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 80
    It's one of the fewest interesting abilities added since SB for healers.
    OP is talking about downgrade this role even more and reduce the fun with that.
    Sure SE has marked this thread with red flag.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jirah View Post
    All I want is one expansion where they reanalyze the jobs and make massive adjustments to unhomogenize them. This is Final Fantasy 14 not Club penguin I dont wish for jobs that only have 5 buttons going for them or play exactly the same as 2/3 other jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MitsukiKimura View Post
    This current card system needs to be unwritten, destroyed and never returned.

Player
    Character
    Jyn Willowsong
    World
    Faerie
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherPerson View Post
    I don't know about you, but I use it a lot to save people during runs in LoTA. It's very useful when people are new to a run and healers are saving them from a mechanic they aren't aware of, or when needing to rescue a BLM who doesn't want to move from his leylines and wants to finish casting that Fire spell and rather eat another mechanic than stop casting. And yes, if I see the tank just a couple of steps AWAY from my AoE Ground heal that's about to detonate, you bet I'm going to rescue them into that heal.

The only times I've seen healers misuse rescue is when you piss them off or intentionally troll them. Don't piss off your healers. They are not healbots who will adjust to your every whim - they're players.

If they take away RDM's backflips since they backflip over the stage, or BLM's Leylines/between the lines, Aetherial Manipulation to encourage BLM to start dodging mechanics and any other job with a disposition, I'll be fine if they took away healer's rescue.
    Sounds like a terrible idea? That's because it is. Rescue can be very useful when used correctly, but so can RDM's backflips to dodge mechanics. However, just because they can cause deaths, doesn't mean their usage should be taken away. The same thing applies here. I've seen way more good on rescue than bad exactly because of how many people who just refuse to do mechanics or stand in AoE Heals.
    You want to take away BLM's movement tools that they use to dodge mechanics and get back into position quickly as a way to encourage them to dodge more? Hello? Are you okay?
    (0)

Character
    Seraphor Vhinasch
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrias View Post
    You want to take away BLM's movement tools that they use to dodge mechanics and get back into position quickly as a way to encourage them to dodge more? Hello? Are you okay?
    Next line: "Sounds like a terrible idea? That's because it is."
    (8)

Player
    Character
    Tera Svenay
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 82
    Reading Comprehension: Zero.
    (6)

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Rescue is great. I’ve had to use it plenty of times to save DPS from getting killed. Used it a couple of times to get the players attention that they had to stand at a certain spot. It’s fun to use.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Loki Vanheim
    World
    Spriggan
    Main Class
    Scholar Lv 90
    The skill misses a real animation/visual effect imo, it could be an instant TP for exemple but i find it useful, the main trouble is the players who don't know how to use it properly.
    (3)

Player
    Character
    Cain Andleft
    World
    Malboro
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    I like how you would selectively not read the other part on the bottom but sure.
    At any rate, my point still stands. Rescue's benefits outweigh the its bad points and should not be removed.
    (3)
    Last edited by AnotherPerson; 05-31-2020 at 11:00 AM.

Player
    Character
    Deceptus Keelon
    World
    Behemoth
    Main Class
    Sage Lv 90
    It needs to be changed yes.

Changed to be MUCH more responsive. Because currently it activates way too slow (like everything in FFXIV honestly). It seems to need to calculate

1) Where you are.
    2) That you used the ability
    3) Who you used it on
    4) Where they are
    5) Where they need to be.

It could be a full 1 - 1.5 seconds from when you actually press the button to when the person you use it on goes to where they need to be, meaning there's a good chance they will die. I've "Rescued" many people who's corpse floats over to me (always get a laugh out of that). Add to the above list:

1) You recognize something is going to kill someone if they don't move NOW.
    2) Mouse mouse over them / or click them
    3) Hit rescue
    4) Repeat previous 1-5 calculations.

Now the above is even harder on a PS4 where targeting specific players in a PITA.
    (0)
    • Veteran healers don't care if we actually have to heal, but right now we don't. We simply want something interesting to do during the downtime. That is not asking for a lot
    • Dead DPS do no DPS. Raised DPS do 25/50% lower DPS. Do the mechanics and don't stand in bad stuff.
    • Other games expect basic competence, FFXIV is pleasantly surprised by it. Other games have toxic elitism. FFXIV has toxic casualism.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast