Player
    Character
    Maximum Powerful
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shurrikhan View Post
    The parts mentioned here are all separable. Combined, they may be space-faring, but separately, this is barely asking for the highest point in Indiana.

"Going big" here is a design philosophy, not a minimum first step.
    i would disagree but hey it's the internet.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Jirah View Post
    I didnt even read but I already agree. Dungeons are so mind numbing and the excuses are stupid.

But yoship said he doesn’t want to make difficult content with a 4 player base due to Healer strain. Which I agree but it’s not savage dungeons (as amazing as that would be) just take us for a spin. Considering how few dungeons we are getting it shouldn’t be this samey
    Yep, nothing difficult if fine with me, but like I mentioned more dungeon layouts that randomly get selected as player queue up. Maybe give players a choices what doors they walk through that spawns a random layout. Perhaps add a treasure door/gamble to a dungeon with a goodie personal goodie bag for all. Bring back the goodie bag from diadem 2. Add monster allies that help players DPS or provide a buff to the party. I would love to see a gang of Tonberrys or random monster spawn to help the party. More traps that hurt and buff adds/players, more rooms that have a ticking time bomb. Bosses roaming the dungeon. Random boss layouts. More power ups maybe even adding a sense of urgency more often. Fun not hard.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Nama Kemono
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Dungeons are some of the most boring content in this game when the newness wears off. Only a few require actual attention as they are mostly trivially easy. They mostly just different window dressing at this point since its always follow the path to circle boss room with the occasional clear all trash wall. They don't have to be hard but they should have variety even if its something as basic as theres a A B C path and you randomly get assigned one everytime you enter would be amazing at this point.
    (2)
    Last edited by Nama; 05-27-2020 at 04:31 AM.

Player
    Character
    Jira Dal'riata
    World
    Ultros
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Nama View Post
    Dungeons are some of the most boring content in this game when the newness wears off. Only a few require actual attention as they are mostly trivially easy. They mostly just different window dressing at this point since its always follow the path to circle boss room with the occasional clear all trash wall. They don't have to be hard but they should have variety even if its something as basic as theres a A B C path and you randomly get assigned one everytime you enter would be amazing at this point.
    Agree with this, the skeptics to the cause tend to think we want Ultra-Savage Extreme (Hard Mode) dungeons but no. Throw us a curve ball the early dungeons taught us dungeons mechs we literally never ever use. The fact we get 1 per patch instead of the 2-3 in the past is criminal. And the 2 newest ones were nothing special. Imagine picking up trash than BAM a stack marker shows up, I want that type of surprise
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Tinka Ortechl
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    While I don't see them re-vamping the dungeons they've already made, I think an 'extreme' version of dungeons for veteran players would allow new mechanics and to mix up what they've done before.

Why not mix up the bosses in different arenas. Maybe have some of the bosses walk around in the dungeon and be fought anywhere.
    I don't see this happening due to the space needed for boss mechanics, but I would like to see the shape of boss arenas changed up a bit so it's not always a perfect circle. (like in Cutter's Cry)

Perhaps even have a random nemesis attack a party member who drops loot and experience points when defeated by the group, but disappears if targeted player is killed or party wipes. Maybe add an ally that randomly appears to help one of the players because of some high score they obtained in the at the Gold Saucer or they X amount of COMMs.
    There's something similar in Sunken Temple with a Quarn facer that will drop loot, but run away if you don't kill it fast enough. I would like to see more of that as well, just to break up the momentum a bit. As for the random ally...It's hard to implement for story reasons, but I could see it as a fun diversion. You'd have to have a mirage/illusion-based dungeon for it to work, but it would be a fun mechanic where an ally comes to your aid, but the chance of it being a completely random character like Tataru or Lolorito or Brayflox or the wagon guy from the start of the game increases based on collective Comms. (Therefore being veteran players who have run plenty of dungeons and looking for variety.) I'd need someone more coding-minded to tell me if that would be possible, as I think Comms are saved Client-side and not on the game servers.

Why not add power ups from Deep Dungeon and Heaven on High to regular dungeons? Add more traps and elemental effect what weaken adds...
    I don't think the pomanders should be added as that's part of what makes Deep Dungeon unique, but I would like to see more physical obstacles to out-wit or overcome.

Allow for visual changes to happen when a BLM uses thunder in water during a battle. Perhaps even allow the shocking water to deal extra damage to the adds.
    You mean like in XV where if you use a strong enough Blizzard grenade (They're not spells, they're grenades and don't try to convince me otherwise.) on a lake you end up freezing your party in place? Yeah, that would be cool!

I just want to add we've been destroying so many machines in dungeons you're telling me we haven't once been able to pick up any Gatling/Rail guns to mow down waves of adds?
    My first thought was of your profile pick just picking up a railgun and having at it. The second was "I could see Wedge doing that if you let him." Maybe tie that in to the ally bit above?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Ultima Ultima
    World
    Tonberry
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by TinkerTech View Post
    While I don't see them re-vamping the dungeons they've already made, I think an 'extreme' version of dungeons for veteran players would allow new mechanics and to mix up what they've done before.
    they should at least add some slight changes to it and add it to the roulette mix that gets selected at random. That way we have 2 versions of it. One day you may get version 1 and another day version 2.

I don't see this happening due to the space needed for boss mechanics, but I would like to see the shape of boss arenas changed up a bit so it's not always a perfect circle. (like in Cutter's Cry)
    I mean look at Sastasha. Do the first couple of bosses really need their own arena? I know most bosses this cant be done with since they have mechanics attached to their arena. Maybe a shadow of that boss walks around that is easier but drops extra experience points. Worth a try.

There's something similar in Sunken Temple with a Quarn facer that will drop loot, but run away if you don't kill it fast enough. I would like to see more of that as well, just to break up the momentum a bit. As for the random ally...It's hard to implement for story reasons, but I could see it as a fun diversion.
    Random ally can be anyone. even from the beast tribe. We helped the beast tribes so much and even have ally status with them. Why cant they pop in randomly throughout our journey to help us with dungeons, fates or even random monster fights?

I don't think the pomanders should be added as that's part of what makes Deep Dungeon unique, but I would like to see more physical obstacles to out-wit or overcome.
    power-ups could be anything dropping from a monster that boosts the parties SPD,DEF or ATK at least.

You mean like in XV where if you use a strong enough Blizzard grenade (They're not spells, they're grenades and don't try to convince me otherwise.) on a lake you end up freezing your party in place? Yeah, that would be cool!
    Never got into that game, Id even go with a puddle on the ground that freezes the monster in place or give them a debuff.

My first thought was of your profile pick just picking up a railgun and having at it. The second was "I could see Wedge doing that if you let him." Maybe tie that in to the ally bit above?
    We're able to ride Magitek mounts in dungeons at the end of 2.0 story and the Alexander raid. Im sure the devs can add a connon arm that has "X" amount of AOE uses and damage.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Gabriel Morgan
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Dark Knight Lv 90
    Chances of them going back and revamping old dungeons is pretty low.

That said, I definitely wouldn't mind if they tried to make new dungeons more engaging. Maybe make the routes have RNG so every run isn't exactly the same. Dungeons are currently the least interesting combat content in the game, and it's a bit of a shame.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Nama Kemono
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Weaver Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Stepjam View Post
    Chances of them going back and revamping old dungeons is pretty low.

That said, I definitely wouldn't mind if they tried to make new dungeons more engaging. Maybe make the routes have RNG so every run isn't exactly the same. Dungeons are currently the least interesting combat content in the game, and it's a bit of a shame.
    It is a shame but it is extremely unlikely they will go back to old dungeons or even change up how they are done going forward. The reason no one is talking about? Trusts.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2