Player
    Character
    Kagahami Ito
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80

Quality of Life change for targeted AOEs

I play Ninja. A lot. And I can't say how many times I got clipped by an AOE because I was panic slamming Shukuchi trying to get a teleport out of danger, only to fail because left click also rotates the camera. This also affects basically any job that has an AOE which doesn't center on them (such as SMN and WHM).

So I propose one of two solutions to this (or maybe some combination of both):
    1) Prioritize clicking down over rotating the camera
    2) Let us toggle left click camera rotation off

Thank you for reading. Offer further feedback or stories down below!

May the rotations ever be in your favor.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Adrila Messor
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    Black Mage Lv 90
    Just make the targetting circle of the aoe stop when it's at max range. This way you could overshoot all you want without risking to not trigger the ability.
    (6)
    Still not sure if Samurai's a tank who forgot that aggro was a thing or a dps that's way too much into it.

Player
    Character
    Kagahami Ito
    World
    Adamantoise
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliadil View Post
    Just make the targetting circle of the aoe stop when it's at max range. This way you could overshoot all you want without risking to not trigger the ability.
    I like that too, just wanted to condense the idea thread down to the one thing. It also doesn't solve the issue of the game prioritizing camera rotation over getting skills off.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Cyrillo Rongway
    World
    Hyperion
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Kagahami View Post
    I like that too, just wanted to condense the idea thread down to the one thing. It also doesn't solve the issue of the game prioritizing camera rotation over getting skills off.
    I would rather keep the current behavior because you can't be 100% certain that the camera is already angled in a way that you can place the AoE where you want it. Even if it looks like you have a clear line of sight to the place you want to drop your AoE, there might be a rock or a brick or a twig in the way that prevents you from dropping it exactly where you want to, and when this happens, you need to adjust the camera.

If you find yourself moving the camera when you want to click to drop an AoE, you might need to evaluate how long you're holding down the button when you click, and also make sure you're not moving your mouse prematurely. There's fast, and there's rushed.
    (1)
    Last edited by Rongway; 05-25-2020 at 04:08 AM.
    Error 3102 Club, Order of the 52nd Hour

Player
    Character
    Nazmul Souless
    World
    Goblin
    Main Class
    Samurai Lv 74
    I cant think of any other MMO that have melee AoE attack requiring a target.

There is simply no reason to force a target requirement on an ability that deal damage in a cone area. It also make it difficult to aim it for no reason since you cant just rotate your body to aim and fire it. You must select a target then move around it.

I hate my samourai at time because of that stupid of a mecanic.
    (0)
    Last edited by Venur; 05-26-2020 at 12:00 PM.

Character
    Father Gascoigne
    World
    Jenova
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 80
    Go to keybinds and bind a key to confirm. Then you can just position the aoe circle where you want it then press the confirm key to teleport. It's way more responsive then trying to click aoe circles onto the field.
    (0)