Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60

In Depth Xaela Tribe Information?

I decided to fly around, read FATEs and take another look at my favorite part of the SB story. And it just hit me how much we don't know without a lot of patience and digging, and that I think it would be great if there was a cohesive list or compilation of it all.

This is a bit of a stretch, but perhaps the next lore book (if there is one since they have said they are difficult to make) it could include tribe colors, dress of choice, and maybe their symbol?

Until then, is there anywhere I could find this kind of information? There's a lot that seems like the lore is just sitting there, but it was never released. Such as tribe colors. We have a loooong list of known tribes, but do not know half their colors. I've noticed things like skin tone, hair color and even how some tribes seem to have access to expensive looking metal work while others do not.

This type of stuff is known for the basic ARR tribes, I think a proper vision of anthropology is more than due to go hand in hand with Hrothgar and Viera lore.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

y'all are kinda dumb tbh

Player
    Character
    Alijana Tumet
    World
    Cactuar
    Main Class
    Ninja Lv 90
    We got information about the clans of other races, but information on the tribes within those clans is comparatively scarce, with only the associated animal of the different Sunseeker tribes being mentioned in the lorebook, which leaves almost nothing to go off for the tribes that don't have settlements in-game.

That said I don't think we're going to get much additional lore about the Xaela outside of new sidequests.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Aurelie Moonsong
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    Summoner Lv 90
    We don't really know anything about the Seeker tribes beyond the specific groups we've interacted with.

It's not even clear whether there's a single tribe of each or whether they've fragmented out into something less definite. There's definitely lore provisions for male Seekers to "claim new territory for their tribe" and become nunh of the new area - so theoretically they could end up with a string of separate tribes all using the same name across a region.

Could be another thing to pester Koji about next time there's a call for lore questions...

But yeah, Xaela tribes. We haven't seen all of them, but we've seen more tribes (and have more information about the rest) than we've ever had for Seekers. You can encounter quite a number of tribes across the different FATEs in the region.
    (5)
    Last edited by Iscah; 05-22-2020 at 03:40 PM.

Player
    Character
    Roda Tirhaalo
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Iscah View Post
    We don't really know anything about the Seeker tribes beyond the specific groups we've interacted with.

It's not even clear whether there's a single tribe of each or whether they've fragmented out into something less definite. There's definitely lore provisions for male Seekers to "claim new territory for their tribe" and become nunh of the new area - so theoretically they could end up with a string of separate tribes all using the same name across a region.

Could be another thing to pester Koji about next time there's a call for lore questions...

But yeah, Xaela tribes. We haven't seen all of them, but we've seen more tribes (and have more information about the rest) than we've ever had for Seekers. You can encounter quite a number of tribes across the different FATEs in the region.
    I mean at least seakers get names for their tribes where as keepers get zilch, and the ONE keeper tribe we've seen is an outlier since it opperates exactly as a seeker tribe does despite lore saying they're not run like that. :T

And don't get me started on duskwights' "uh c-cave people? Bandits???" *BIG SHRUG*

They've a lot to do to flesh out the cultures they (barely) say exist in the game. I'd prefer they do it in-game, but I'd shell out another $50 if it's well done enough.
    (0)