Player
    Character
    Ari Dyones
    World
    Zodiark
    Main Class
    Warrior Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by millktea View Post
    Says Hierro is right and that warrior is fine, then goes off about GNB. What are you arguing? This doesn't explain how WAR is fine.
    You clearly didn't read (as in understand) what I wrote if that is your answer to this.

Anuri was going on about WAR being the least played tank via logs-statistics, thus it's the least favored tank? IF we were to follow that reason GNB would be 2nd least fav tank, but polls and forum posts say otherwise. DRK also recieves bad reviews as being the "war clone", yet it's the 2nd most play tank. The amount of "played" does not define whether a job is fine/favored or not.
    "I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself" -W. Churchill

Warrior is fine COMPARED to its tank brethren. It plays just as well as the other tanks.
    It's the current iteration of warrior that is NOT FINE, compared to its previous iterations. Yet, this is exactly what Hierro said. Tanks in general are in need of a rework/-design. It isn't a simple "just WAR" thing, it affects all tanks. Not equally, but it's wrong to say every tank is fine except WAR.
    If anything WAR was already bad designed before ShB hit. But hey, it had the highest dps, so it was fine then? That's just hypocritical.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Jace Ossura
    World
    Gilgamesh
    Main Class
    Goldsmith Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    If anything WAR was already bad designed before ShB hit. But hey, it had the highest dps, so it was fine then? That's just hypocritical.
    That's the part that always got me.

Everyone: "Warrior is great, don't change anything."
    SE: Doesn't change anything.
    Everyone: Surprised Pikachu
    (3)

Player
    Character
    K'rheya Tia
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Warrior lost all its utility, its unique features, its party synergy, and its damage (and deliverance, a strong part of its identity). It didn't get anything new and lost almost everything.
    WHAT utility has WAR lost? Raid-wide mitigation? Nah, Shake it Off has been buffed twice in SHB. Self healing? Nope, Equilibrium is the same and just because you don't like Nascent Flash, doesn't change that it's both more accessible than IB/SS were due to not requiring stance, but also synergizes with WAR's burst instead of gimping it. Personal mitigation? Nuh-uh, Vengeance is the same, Thrill got buffed and Intuition is boring, but more powerful. Invulnerability? Holmgang's cd is longer, but it's also lost all of its old downsides, including the short duration.

WAR actually gained utility, both due to making Shake way easier to use and stronger, as well as gaining an off-tank support skill, something they never had before.

And warrior needs to be top dps.
    Why? WAR has the best personal mitigation/costless self-sustain next to DRK and does slightly more dps than it in most fights - makes sense to me. They both do only marginally worse than PLD/GNB anyways, both of which have inferior personal defenses.

You don't like that at top performance WAR does less than healers? So do all tanks - it's not a WAR issue, that's a general tank/healer damage issue if anything.

WAR is in a shit state gameplay-wise, yes, but DRK is just as bad and I would argue GNB is too. The tank design in SHB is just overall an uninspired, dumbed down pile of garbage, but making up balance issues that aren't there won't help it - if anything it just drowns out the legitimate, well thought-out feedback and confuses devs into - probably - homogenizing everything even further because "things are still not balanced".

Also being "the least played within role" doesn't mean it's terrible - something always has to be the lowest. Hell, it doesn't even mean it's the worst by a small margin, since AST is currently the least played healer, despite being the best in terms of both rDPS and healing output. Clear rates alone are a rather stupid metric to go by, both in terms of balance and enjoyment, which is probably why SE has such a hard time getting things right from only looking at them. Not saying they don't matter at all mind you, but it's merely one of many variables that should be considered.
    (5)

Player
    Character
    Kakita Ucalibur
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 86
    Quote Originally Posted by ArianeEwah View Post
    Not only are the (dps) rotations rather dull and simple as well as aggro management becoming a joke, but mitigation is also risible. As long as a tank sits at max HP, a simple CD (like Sheltron or HoS) is enough for tank busters. This puts a heavy burden on healers, but the game doesn't really give you feedback about your mitigation skills. The tank mastery makes tanking imo far too easy. I remember that I actually had to create a cooldown rotation map, so I could optimize my dps, I had no other choice or we wouldn't hit dps check. Today's tanks can't optimize dps by mapping their cooldowns, yet this influx of tanks blame it on healers when they die or hit enrage.
    That is a fight design factor rather than tank mastery being to good. Tank Busters currently are spread out just enough that you only need to rotate between Rampart and the job's 30% to cover them and tank swaps are caused by mechanics rather than by tank cooldowns. Factor in that every tank now has a 20% cooldown with a <=30s recast and you don't need to plan for tank busters as you will always have your short cooldown (Shell/RI/HoS/TBN).
    (0)

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8