Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80

Probably wild theory: 2P is not who she seems (Nier:A spoilers)

Okay I'm putting this out there because I have a sneaking suspicion Yoko Taro is gonna pull the rug from underneath us. And there are a couple things that are a little suspicious.

• For starters we know that most if not all YoHRa model android are blindfolded on the field that makes it convenient for hiding the tell of the Logic Virus, 9S' blindfold fell off after the end of the raid revealing that he wasn't infected. 2P OTOH never shown her eyes. Of course this still has some holes in it from what I gathered from the Logic Virus and hazy memories.
    • On that note there is also the matter of 2P's color scheme, a direct inversion of both 2B and 9S's palettes. Which also coincides on an expansion where the forces of evil is corrupted light, on a setting where said light devastated the star, even without that backdrop one must wonder, why use those colors instead of the original 2B?
    • I'd also mention Konogg's opinions onher as untrustworthy, apart form setting up future conflict between the twins, why bring up the idea that she can't be trusted at all? Well there the possibility of it begin a red herring of sorts, but still.

I'd speculate thet she might be infected with the Logic virus, but that seems too derivative from the base game (where that did happen and was the reason 9S killed her). Her being a sin eater is also possible but coloring aside she doesn't exhibit any of the usual traits and while there are stuff like sin eater golems, sin eater machina are still kinda unprecedented. I could also theoririze that 2P came forma different from from 9S, which woudn't be that farfetched since the multiverse was canonized, but that still begs the question on how they wound up in the same space, and how they were on a shard of Hydaelyn. Regardless, 2P does seem shady.
    (2)
    Last edited by Morningstar1337; 05-16-2020 at 11:58 AM.

Player
    Character
    Caitlin Seraphim
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    Archer Lv 90
    From someone who never played Nier, what is this logic virus?
    Lore wise there would be a hell of a lot of explaining to do to make this even remotely understandable.
    (2)

Player
    Character
    Aurora Aura
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    I checked the Nier wiki my memories of the game is secondhand and hazy. The Logic Virus is...

A failsafe made to prevent the androids from learning the truth about humanity's extinction, and the fact that their mission was a Sisyphean lie, they cause the infected to go berserk
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Jakaar Rakkin
    World
    Kujata
    Main Class
    Paladin Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Morningstar1337 View Post
    2P OTOH never shown her eyes. Of course this still has some holes in it from what I gathered from the Logic Virus and hazy memories.
    Did we not see her without a blindfold on (and thus see her eyes) when we first find her in the cave? I'm certain that we did.
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    This is going to be complicated no matter what since it is suggested Nier Raid follows the Ending in Nier when 9S left Earth in that spaceship with other machine life to find a new world to call home. A new world which is now the First.
    (0)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 05-16-2020 at 12:22 PM.

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    A sin eater android, now that would be something.

I feel like Taro is throwing the most obvious things at us for the sake of speculation. See Drakengard/Nier original where you meet this cast of wildly different personalities and those you think you can trust throw something at you from left field.

Is 2P trust worthy? Very likely not. But it's nice to think so. Big Nier Auto Spoilers.

2B was 2E and not even the true protagonist, 9S isn't as carefree and gentle as he appears via "You really want to **** 2B, don't you?" (which I read as kill because 4 letters) and we see that we're finally playing a Yoko Taro character, and even the Commander was a big liar for the sake of everyone.

I think that will come out in the 2nd tier if we get a new character or heck, even the dwarf who tells us not to do this in the first place. After playing Drakengard and NieR, I take every surface value trait with a grain of salt. Because it's always been flipped and spat onto your face. One I really like being Five's true nature.

Also something tells me Taro would have made our WoL go full Caim if given the chance.
    (2)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

y'all are kinda dumb tbh

Player
    Character
    Edwin Li
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Machinist Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Gula View Post
    A sin eater android, now that would be something.

I feel like Taro is throwing the most obvious things at us for the sake of speculation. See Drakengard/Nier original where you meet this cast of wildly different personalities and those you think you can trust throw something at you from left field.

Is 2P trust worthy? Very likely not. But it's nice to think so. Big Nier Auto Spoilers.

2B was 2E and not even the true protagonist, 9S isn't as carefree and gentle as he appears via "You really want to **** 2B, don't you?" (which I read as kill because 4 letters) and we see that we're finally playing a Yoko Taro character, and even the Commander was a big liar for the sake of everyone.

I think that will come out in the 2nd tier if we get a new character or heck, even the dwarf who tells us not to do this in the first place. After playing Drakengard and NieR, I take every surface value trait with a grain of salt. Because it's always been flipped and spat onto your face. One I really like being Five's true nature.

Also something tells me Taro would have made our WoL go full Caim if given the chance.
    Who knows what the state of 9S mentality can be and 2P's objectives are. After all, we did see a room full of 2Bs in exploration mode of the raid map which suggest 9S or someone else may have attempted to recreate 2B/2E but failed each time.

The speculated failing maybe due to 2B/2E's true nature of killing 9S whenever they get too close to the truth and if their powers become released since in Nier Automata it is stated 9S's powers was being heavily nerfed by a lot of restrictions to prevent him from learning the truth and so he does not become too powerful so he can no longer be controlled. With Nier Raid 1 we see the full extent of his powers when they are not sealed.
    (0)
    Last edited by EdwinLi; 05-17-2020 at 12:43 AM.

Player
    Character
    Trpimir Ratyasch
    World
    Lamia
    Main Class
    Gunbreaker Lv 90
    Given as Logic Virus causes its victims eyes to turn red and their skin to flake off (showing the metal frame beneath), and 2P exhibits neither of these traits (she is shown with her blindfold off after being put on the table when she's rescued from the Machine Lifeforms during the intro quest in homage to 2B's awakening in the Bunker after the into mission of Automata; her eyes are the steely grey you'd expect), at the current moment I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

What actually is going on is impossible to discern at the moment, because we have zero context regarding anything that's happened thus far. Given Automata's plot twists it's reasonable to expect similar developments, but what those are... who can say?
    (4)
    Trpimir Ratyasch's Way Status (6.55 - End)
    [ ]LOST [ ]NOT LOST [X] PvPING FOR SWAG
    "There is no hope in stubbornly clinging to the past. It is our duty to face the future and march onward, not retreat inward." -Sovetsky Soyuz, Azur Lane: Snowrealm Peregrination

Player
    Character
    Lanore Evermourne
    World
    Midgardsormr
    Main Class
    Reaper Lv 90
    I wanna play this game. Is it on PC? Steam, maybe?
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Krystal Abyss
    World
    Mateus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 60
    Quote Originally Posted by Drkdays View Post
    I wanna play this game. Is it on PC? Steam, maybe?
    It is on steam!
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by iVolke View Post
    This is probably the easiest forum to bait.

y'all are kinda dumb tbh

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast