Player
    Character
    Orakon Ronso
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20

Feeling torn. Looking for advice.

So I recently discovered this game after 15 years of WoW and I got hooked instantly.

I'm enjoying this game immensely, and have fallen in love with the character I've created.

There lies the problem -- I managed to choose the WORST possible race, and there was absolutely no warning or hint I was making a choice such as this. I went with Hrothgar, because they look awesome as heck, and everything was nice and dandy.

Until... I find out I can't equip 90% of the helmets in the game.
    "Okay, a bit of a bump in the road, but that's fine because I hear there's this NPC that'll let me change my hairstle for on--"
    And then I find out you can't change your hairstyle as Hrothgar, because it's tied to your face.

There's many things I want to say out of anger right now that I'll prevent saying, because looking on the internet they've already been said and seemingly ignored. So I'll cut right to the chase

I REALLY don't want to do the first 20 levels again. No other race really stands out to me, but I'm completely drained of any will to level this character more because of these ridiculous restrictions with no free workaround.

Do I bite the bullet and reroll or take this as a sign to once again move back to the 15-year old pastures?
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Hector Dragonslayer
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Orak0n View Post
    So I recently discovered this game after 15 years of WoW and I got hooked instantly.

I'm enjoying this game immensely, and have fallen in love with the character I've created.

There lies the problem -- I managed to choose the WORST possible race, and there was absolutely no warning or hint I was making a choice such as this. I went with Hrothgar, because they look awesome as heck, and everything was nice and dandy.

Until... I find out I can't equip 90% of the helmets in the game.
    "Okay, a bit of a bump in the road, but that's fine because I hear there's this NPC that'll let me change my hairstle for on--"
    And then I find out you can't change your hairstyle as Hrothgar, because it's tied to your face.

There's many things I want to say out of anger right now that I'll prevent saying, because looking on the internet they've already been said and seemingly ignored. So I'll cut right to the chase

I REALLY don't want to do the first 20 levels again. No other race really stands out to me, but I'm completely drained of any will to level this character more because of these ridiculous restrictions with no free workaround.

Do I bite the bullet and reroll or take this as a sign to once again move back to the 15-year old pastures?
    Complete ARR and you get a free fantasia that allows you to change char race. Or you can buy one on mog station for 10 bucks
    (4)

Player
    Character
    Orakon Ronso
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    So my options are

1. Level this character to 50 to change my race, or change my hairstyle once
    2. Level a new character as a new race

How long has this race been out? How is this an issue? Not trying to be salty, genuinely curious. It seems like an easy workaround
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hector Dragonslayer
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Orak0n View Post
    So my options are

1. Level this character to 50 to change my race, or change my hairstyle once
    2. Level a new character as a new race

How long has this race been out? How is this an issue? Not trying to be salty, genuinely curious. It seems like an easy workaround

released with viera at the start of 5.0 Shadowbringers
    viera has the same restriction with helmets as well
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Hector Dragonslayer
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 80
    Also they have story skip potions for the expansions but I recommend completing story at least once without skipping.

unfortunately, until the devs adjust the helmet issue retooning with fantasia or starting over from scratch is all the options you have without having to pay extra money.

you have to pay to change your name to I believe.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Orakon Ronso
    World
    Exodus
    Main Class
    Pugilist Lv 20
    Thanks for the help, I ended up making a new character, and any salt I had built up was instantly blown away when I got and equipped my first helmet :P

I understand the restrictions, as if you compare them to Worgen from WoW, 80% of helmets just clip horribly on them so I can see a race having similar issues being limited to preserve an aesthetic of the game

I just wish there was an exception for Hrothgar to change their face with the hair coupon. Yeah, you're sort of getting a bonus over other races, but you're also getting a base feature every other race has. -shrug-
    (3)