Character
    Fufu Jojo
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 62

Power leveling gathering/crafting

Hi everyone,

Someone said "The Diadem" when I mentioned power leveling my gathering and crafting classes to 70 with the road to 70 buff.

I currently have a 60 astrologician so I was hoping to be able to do this power leveling strategy.

However, I have been trying to research it but I don't really get it.

Anyone help me out to figure out how I can power level all my crafting / gathering skills from 1 to 70 real quick?

Thanks
    (0)
    Last edited by aindriu; 05-11-2020 at 05:48 AM.

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Fisher - do Ocean Fishing. It is insanely fast. Unlock it at level 1 in Limsa. As an example, a single Ocean Fishing trip will easily take you from level 1 to 28 as long as you spam casts back to back like you should be doing in there.

Botanist/Miner - Just farm in The Diadem. You get extra xp in there, so it's just a farming grind. More importantly, it also provides you with mats to powerlevel your DoH with so it kills two birds with one stone.

DoH - Do the current recipes in The Firmament and turn them in for Skybuilder Scrip. These recipes give a ton of experience. They start at level 20 and use mostly mats from The Diadem with one or two mats from the normal game.

The only caveat for The Diadem/The Firmament is that you need to have completed the entire Heavensward expansion since it's reliant on the story completion (I think this also needs a level 70 DoW/M to complete) and you'll need to be about level 20 in your DoL/DoH to start making use of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Mhaeric; 05-11-2020 at 06:16 AM.

Player
    Character
    Tinka Ortechl
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    In order to start leveling your classes, you need to start with the quest "Into the Firmament" which should be available after you clear the MSQ for Heavensward. This will unlock and explain the basics of the Ishgard restoration, which the Diadem is a part of.

I won't re-hash what was said above, but I will give you a quick tip I learned while powerleveling myself; for the crafting classes, you can only turn in items that are equal or below your level. So if you're level 38 and you want to make the level 40 items, it won't do you any good until you hit level 40. (Also, make sure you're using crafting manuals to give yourself a x2 XP boost.) The Ishgard Restoration recipes can be found under the "special recipes" tab, then under Ishgard Restoration. (You want (2) since we're in Phase 2 of the restoration.) If you're frugal, you gather items from the diadem that you need to level your crafters, or you can find them on the marketboard.

Make sure as you level that you're keeping your equipment a fairly equal level. It's easy to overgrind, suddenly your equipment's 10+ below yours and suddenly you don't have enough GP to do recipes. Usually within 5 levels is fine, but if crafting becomes too difficult make sure you have the right gear.
    (1)

Player
    Character
    Fufu Jojo
    World
    Twintania
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 62
    Hi guys - thanks for the tips.

I got my botanist to level 10 and weaver to level 20 to experiment with the Diadem.

However, I spent an hour on my botanist and got a pile of hemp I traded it in. Then, I just made basic ropes collectability 1.

I am not sure why I can't hand in the ropes. It says collectability 50 -- what does that mean, and how do I raise the collectability?

Thanks
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Jojoya Joya
    World
    Coeurl
    Main Class
    Bard Lv 90
    Collectible rating is another form of quality. You'll need to use your Touch actions to increase it to at least 50. Getting it higher than that can increase the XP you earn for turning the rope in.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Tinka Ortechl
    World
    Brynhildr
    Main Class
    White Mage Lv 80
    Quote Originally Posted by Jojoya View Post
    Collectible rating is another form of quality. You'll need to use your Touch actions to increase it to at least 50. Getting it higher than that can increase the XP you earn for turning the rope in.
    As you level up, I recommend using the Calculations tab at the bottom left of the crafting screen when you start a craft. It helps you see exactly how much each action contributes to the craft, and if an action will put you over or set you short.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Alya Mizar
    World
    Sargatanas
    Main Class
    Marauder Lv 72
    Crafting is a not so mini game. Objective, whether for collectables or not, is to raise quality to max and finish the craft before you run out of durability. Touch actions raise quality.

Collectables need to have a minimum quality before they can be traded in. In your example the minimum is 50.

The more quality you add to a craft the more EXPs you get when its finished.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadygrove View Post
    The more quality you add to a craft the more EXPs you get when its finished.
    This is correct and is a useful thing to do in the long-term when going for scrip, but in practical terms for power-leveling in The Firmament it's a bit of a trap. The collectibility (i.e. quality) tiers are far enough apart that it's best to not try and purposely reach the higher tiers and rather just guarantee you'll meet the minimum collectibility requirement. Particularly when power-leveling since you're not going to be investing in BiS gear and perfect melds for the various tiers as you level up. Due to random good and excellent procs you'll occasionally get the greater xp rewards, but I wouldn't bother trying for it. Spamming the minimum collectibility with the basic at-level gear with just enough melds to meet the requirement is a much more efficient use of time and effort.
    (0)

Player
    Character
    Plastic Spork
    World
    Zalera
    Main Class
    Thaumaturge Lv 80
    The highest collectability tier is very easy to hit for everything but expert recipes, so I don't think that's a good idea. Shifting a few minutes of making a proper rotation or adding a few cheap melds into hours of farming for more crafts is not playing smart.
    (0)

Character
    Mhaeric Llystrom
    World
    Balmung
    Main Class
    Red Mage Lv 90
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastics View Post
    The highest collectability tier is very easy to hit for everything but expert recipes, so I don't think that's a good idea. Shifting a few minutes of making a proper rotation or adding a few cheap melds into hours of farming for more crafts is not playing smart.
    Sure, if you buy the expensive gear or waste scrip on gear that's only going to last you a day or two because you're power leveling. Just spend the gil on mats instead and do it with the cheap gear. You get the second collectibility tier most of the time, occasionally get the lowest or the highest due to luck. It's only a 25% increase in experience for the last tier so you'll need at most 25% more mats.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast